Richt and Virginia

Phillip Buchanon stated it perfectly.

@PhillipBuchanon Regarding the coaching position at the U, Davis makes us a passionate priority. Richt seems to treat it as just an option.

And Davis isn't even my first option. He's behind Mullen for me, but at least you know Davis wants this badly, as does Mullen if he's interviewed with these idiot twice already. Richt seems unsure about his future and his passion, from the outside, doesn't seem to be there.

My feelings exactly .

Advertisement
Phillip Buchanon stated it perfectly.

@PhillipBuchanon Regarding the coaching position at the U, Davis makes us a passionate priority. Richt seems to treat it as just an option.

And Davis isn't even my first option. He's behind Mullen for me, but at least you know Davis wants this badly, as does Mullen if he's interviewed with these idiot twice already. Richt seems unsure about his future and his passion, from the outside, doesn't seem to be there.

My feelings exactly .

Key word here is "seem". In other words it's total speculation. The guy might really want to come to Miami. For all we know it's agent posturing.

Him wanting to interview with Virginia communicates one thing to me... He's not serious about playing for National Championships!

Seems he wants a nice comfortable, complacent, country style quality of life! More "where will my wife and I be happy" and not "F Georgia, I'll show them. I'm gonna do now what I haven't before...win big!"

I respectfully disagree. People could have easily said the same thing about Clemson a few years ago. Now they are #1 in the country. Look at schools like Ole Miss, Stanford, etc. A good coach can put a program on the map and keep it there.

Clemson and Virgina are not comparable and Dabo didn't put them on the map. They dominated the ACC in the 80s and even won a National Championship.

Richt isn't a young hungry coach that thinks that he can foolishly build a national contender in Virginia. He's a veteran that wants a more relaxed situation. Not to have the pressure at this stage in his life of having banners flown asking for his head.

Clemson was average at best during the last 20-30 years. Dabo made them relevant again. Harvard, Yale, Army, Illinois and a slew of other programs have also won National Championships. Doesn't mean its relevant today

Advertisement
Back