Richt and Kuligowski going in-home with D.J. Johnson tonight

View as article
Actions speak. If they keep taking cross country flights to talk to him they must be a little concerned that he's susceptible to a flip.

I'm not reading the rest of the foolishness beyond Chise's post. Richt and Kool are going to see him for a reason. Cross country recruits are always susceptible to want to stay closer to their families.

Chise - these rookies and fools do not learn.

Do I think he flips? No. But I bet there is some west coast recruiting guru waiting with emojis to mock Pete if he does (like Pete mocks everyone else).

Exactly. These dummies are busy rallying behind their fearless leader brockolli and his tough-talking routine.

No one with a brain thinks DJ is definitely flipping, but there's a reason Kool has been to see him 3 times across the country in the last month.

Some of these fake tough guys are too caught up in their false bravado to pay attention to actions. Kool and Rick are sweating DJ's commitment to the end because I'm guessing he was much closer than the tough guy crew wants to admit to flipping a few weeks ago.

How many times have brown went to go see McFarland? Like 3 times since January...

OK. So what? What does that prove? You're making my point for me.

Brown is recruiting his *** off because McFarland is not a sure thing. Or is it your opinion that DJ and McFarland are at the same level of commitment to UM and we don't really need to recruit McFarland either because he's 100% locked in even though he hasn't committed?

I'm not reading the rest of the foolishness beyond Chise's post. Richt and Kool are going to see him for a reason. Cross country recruits are always susceptible to want to stay closer to their families.

Do I think he flips? No. But I bet there is some west coast recruiting guru waiting with emojis to mock Pete if he does (like Pete mocks everyone else).

Exactly. These dummies are busy rallying behind their fearless leader brockolli and his tough-talking routine.

No one with a brain thinks DJ is definitely flipping, but there's a reason Kool has been to see him 3 times across the country in the last month.

Some of these fake tough guys are too caught up in their false bravado to pay attention to actions. Kool and Rick are sweating DJ's commitment to the end because I'm guessing he was much closer than the tough guy crew wants to admit to flipping a few weeks ago.

How many times have brown went to go see McFarland? Like 3 times since January...

Brown is recruiting his *** off because McFarland is not a sure thing. Or is it your opinion that DJ and McFarland are at the same level of commitment to UM and we don't really need to recruit McFarland either because he's 100% locked in even though he hasn't committed?

Who said mcfarland hasnt commited?

Richt already let that slip back in December when he was on wqam radio. "We have 2 running backs committed," we haven't even recruited another running back other than McFarland the past few months so..

Advertisement
Ahhh...we go visit one of top recruits and people

We don't visit him and people

Just be happy this staff is working their asses off

Who said mcfarland hasnt commited?

Richt already let that slip back in December when he was on wqam radio. "We have 2 running backs committed," we haven't even recruited another running back other than McFarland the past few months so..

LOL

Advertisement
Naturally the parents will be concerned. Many people think the University of Miami campus is in one of the roughest areas of the city. I run into that theme all the time, including the past two months while attending road games at Virginia, at North Carolina State, and the bowl game in Orlando. All three times the topic came up from opposing fans. West Virginia fans seated behind me were convinced the Miami campus might as well be an extension of the ghetto.

When I laugh and describe Coral Gables to people like that, some accept it but you can sense they don't really believe it. Fear travels well.

From page one the aspect that made by far the most sense was a push from Washington and lots of potential for a switch, until the parents got a first hand look at the Miami campus. I remember how pleased and relieved my parents were upon visiting the USC campus for the first time, and comparing it to conventional wisdom. And the surroundings of that campus are worse than anything in Coral Gables, although USC has acquired land and vastly improved the neighborhoods in recent years. Now I seldom read the nonsense on recruiting boards about not understanding how USC draws kids to such a tough area.

I don't see anything wrong with Richt and Kuligowski visiting. How many targets do we have at this stage, 75? When it's only a fraction of that no kidding you err on the side of caution. Even if the parents are fine with Miami's campus naturally there will be a push from friends, family, girlfriend and others to stay closer to home. I had several friends in college at USC who told me they intended to go to college on the East Coast until changing their minds nearing the last minute. When it came time to get on that plane at 18 years old they simply couldn't do it, not when there was a path involving less risk and more support.

Too bad we got on the Bishop Gorman train far too late. I've attended many of their games. Different level. It's sickening to watch so many of their prime guys get in line for Ohio State, etc.

If the kid is a lock to UM, why are we still flying across country for in home visits?

I'm not being a **** I just don't understand the process. Shouldn't we be spending those resources on kids we're still hoping to lure in?

Or is there a threat with DJ to still flip?

Treating your commits like they don't matter after they commit is how they get flipped.

Daily phone calls, FaceTime whatever is not treating them like they don't matter. We're like 2 weeks out and this kid has been a lock for a while now.

I just don't see the point like another poster said. The kid should tell the staff to go after guys that are still on the fence.

Ask Al Golden how that worked out.

Salesman Folden wouldn't even have a shot with a kid like DJ. So no I will no be asking that fat piece of white dog **** anything.

Why wouldn't you ask him about a used car?

Lol ppl on this site act like recruiting doesnt happen real time but whenever a thread on a messageboard is created??

Why tf does it matter if Richt and coach Kool are going to visit one of their prized commits out in Cali?? Thats one fckn night im sure in the middle of all that theyre arranging visits, calling and texting every other recruit on their radar that theyre still trying to land as well....

Calm the fck down with the slow shxt smh Coach Richt knows about the business of recruiting better than you ever will.

Advertisement
If the kid is a lock to UM, why are we still flying across country for in home visits?

I'm not being a **** I just don't understand the process. Shouldn't we be spending those resources on kids we're still hoping to lure in?

What a dumb *** post

they cry staff dont pursue enough, now they crying why they visiting a commit. they were in las vegas checking out a recruit at bishop gordon but you dont go that way and past by your best player in this recruitment who is in california... you guys are horrible stay off this site until these guys sign i hope they don't come on here and read this crap.

A head coach visiting the family of a prized recruit is special. Socializing, sharing a meal, sharing a laugh and feeling comfortable around the head coach is priceless. I know that first hand. Until a recruit legal guardian signs on the dotted line, anything can happen whether a recruit is strongly committed or not. Wasting the opportunity to have that invaluable home visit with one of the most prized recruit would have been negligence on Richt's part.

Advertisement
Actions speak. If they keep taking cross country flights to talk to him they must be a little concerned that he's susceptible to a flip.

Thats some counselor level counter argument right there brethren. Gotteem

they cry staff dont pursue enough, now they crying why they visiting a commit. they were in las vegas checking out a recruit at bishop gordon but you dont go that way and past by your best player in this recruitment who is in california... you guys are horrible stay off this site until these guys sign i hope they don't come on here and read this crap.

Seriously for the last time, No one is crying or against the visit. Myself and some others were asking legit questions about his recruitment and the board threw a hizzy fit.

When I hear people say he's a lock, I'm thinking we can move on to other recruits who aren't a "lock".

A lock to me means you can put it in your girls butt anytime no questions asked. The moment you have to ask permission, there is a chance she might say no.

So again, are we visiting DJ across the country due to fear of the SLIGHT chance of him flipping or is it courtesy visit from Richt since he never took one?

I would say both after reading some of the previous comments posted.

Now again, no one is against coach Richt visiting. I just wanted to get a straight answer instead of the pvssy **** from some people here.

Last edited:
The staff is just doing their diligence. Securing the second highest rated guy in the class. Move on.

Advertisement

Thinking the same thing

Advertisement
Back