Richt Already Working on Keeping Joe Jackson For Senior Season

99 is an exceptional player. He is a fundamentally sound and relentless. We don't know what is wrong with his arm but it has to be pretty difficult to disengage or have more pass rush "moves". He doesn't have that natural body lean that elite athletic DEs have that get drafted high in the first round. Garvin has more of it than Jackson. I still believe if JJ left he would be a top 50 pick. I hope he returns selfishly.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson is nowhere near a first rounder.

Both Kendrick Norton and R.J. McIntosh had big time moments last season and looked all-world—but the NFL sure had something to say about that come draft day.

If guys like Christian Wilkins and Austin Bryant can return at Clemson for their senior seasons—Jackson can come back to Miami for one more go-around.
Lol imagine saying he’s nowhere near a first rounder. That’s such a bs statement.

I actually agree with this analysis. Even in his return TD he looked stiff.

With his frame and size, he should be a sacking machine - but he has underachieved.
how??? 15 sacks in 2 yrs underachieved? people literally get their opinions from others and run with it. name somebody his size that has produced his numbers. how is 15 sacks in 2 season a fail. should he have 16, 17, 18 sacks instead? what number makes him an achiever? i am very interested in knowing what would make him a success?

JJ is by far not an under achiever. I can’t believe someone would think that, especially after his TFL and sack totals. Personally I would love to see Joe come back for his Sr season. Having his talent, along with Garvin and Rousseau plus potentially Joyner too could really seal the deal in regards to our DL strength. Plus hopefully Richt and Simpson are on their way to finding yet another diamond in the rough we’ve been so good at since Richt took over the reigns of the team. I also hope JJ doesn’t have any immediate need to go pro; I’m not aware of his home situation so I can’t comment further on that piece of the topic. But if all is well there, and unless he grades out as a 1st round selection, I’m hoping that he sees the potential of what this team can do come 2019, in particular if we run the table in the Coastal this year and make a good showing of it against Clemson in the ACCCG. Crap, we could win all our ACC games AND beat Clemson this year! If that we’re to happen, imagine the pub there would be for this team come next season, and the changing of the guard in the ACC. Those things combined I would hope would be enough allure to keep JJ home.

I don’t think anyone should leave early this year. Shaq is the most ready out of the lbs but should come back, Richards isn’t going anywhere, and Joe Jackson might be tough to persuade to come back if he has more performances like Unc

Dline is played by men. Staying fourth year makes you more valuable to nfl. Plus, if you improve you round up to first day, you make the team. Coaches don’t cut 1&2 round picks the first year. I never rip a player taking the money, but you have to make the team to get the money - little or no guarantee $ outside the top rounds.

Advertisement
how??? 15 sacks in 2 yrs underachieved? people literally get their opinions from others and run with it. name somebody his size that has produced his numbers. how is 15 sacks in 2 season a fail. should he have 16, 17, 18 sacks instead? what number makes him an achiever? i am very interested in knowing what would make him a success?

& up to this point..he has 16.5 sacks

Nick Bosa whose the projected #1 overall pick has 17.5 sacks in the same time.

These people are crazy

Last edited:
Nowhere near? LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Yeah he's potentially a first rounder...doesn't matter anyway...2nd rounder get millions too.

Clemson paid those guys big money to stay and they have 1-2 classes per day and the rest is football.

Can we do that for a kid?
class ? Lol

Advertisement
Give CMR some credit for already planting the seeds for staying.

JJ is a great talent. Yes he can stand some improvement, any player can. Where he is projected to go should be the greatest factor on his decision to go or stay

As for the "how he looks" critics...... I'd much rather have a DE who looks stiff but is productive......than one who looks smooth and fluid but isn't.

In the end, it's about production ....not how you look doing it. So the scouts see a stiff fast DE outrunning the O to score. Got a strong suspicion more than not will focus on the speed it took to do so ......than on his running technique

Last edited:
I would love to see joe Jackson go first round and pursue his nfl dream after the season. But a part of me want see him to stay I'm tired of seeing miami guys leave school before they reach there full potential.

off the top of my head, over the last 10yrs Jackson is the best non senior draft eligible pro prospect we have had. He will be NFL ready when this season is over. Dude is a physical specimen. He plays a lot like Calais Campbell did in college. I don't believe Joe could ever get to his size or even have the same NFL success but they play similar.

Advertisement
Back