Richt Already Working on Keeping Joe Jackson For Senior Season

Jackson needs a collection of pass rush moves. He’s a great athlete but not polished. Someone could take him low first round based on potential but if he stays and builds his resume he could be drafted much higher.

The 2019 draft is also heavy in DL, or so I read.

Advertisement
Here we go again overrating our players. Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out and not one game.

In the summer, everyone projected AR was gone after this season.

I agree he has the talent and the size for an early pick but not sure he’s guaranteed first rounder though.
He has 24 tfls 15 sacks in his first 2seasons at Miami which is as productive as any of the other dends in the country and he has the elite frame. And this is with him not having many pass rush moves other than the bull rush mainly. He could go early but I still Think he needs a few more pass rush moves(he’s already productive as it is) but if he develops more he could be even more devastating on the edge

Mocks change a lot all the way up until April ... if close to April he’s not a a consensus 1st or 2nd round pick he should come back. The draft class after that would lack a lot of dline men so could even benefit him more

Advertisement
TOS just had some scout hating on JJ saying he's stiff and mostly gets coverage sacks,they don't know **** everyone loves Brian Burns but he's light in the *** and only had one more sack than Joe as a freshman, JJ's gonna go first round book it, P.S he graded out as the best defensive player in the country this week 🙌

I actually agree with this analysis. Even in his return TD he looked stiff.

With his frame and size, he should be a sacking machine - but he has underachieved.

With his frame and size, he should be a sacking machine - but he has underachieved.

You wouldnt say he's underachieved if we had to play a game without him.. then you would see how much of an impact he has on the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement

JJ is an athlete, point taken on a little stiffness but he is gonna make some people look stupid 🙌

If he's legitimately a first round pick (and not according to some BS agent that's fluffing him), he should go. Not sure if he is or not.

Well they say the IPF isn’t 100% done. Add a SLIDE! That’s apparently very valuable in keeping guys for their senior season. Just ask Clemson 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
i found the timing of making the statement very odd. does that imply there is chatter about leaving? that they've had discussions? i don't think CMR pulled it out of the air. there is very likely some context to it.

i found the timing of making the statement very odd. does that imply there is chatter about leaving? that they've had discussions? i don't think CMR pulled it out of the air. there is very likely some context to it.

This is what I was thinking... He must be hearing rumblings from the locker room about JJ thinking about leaving or more "7th round management" trying to hit up JJ about leaving

Trying to squash all that and keep him grounded.. im sure they will remind him about RJ and Nortons smart moves

If anything this year would be a terrible year to leave due to such quality top end talent in the draft... "but its your SECOND contract bro" yeah but if you get a chance to ever see it before getting replaced by a cheaper and more "upside" player then

Advertisement
Jackson needs a collection of pass rush moves. He’s a great athlete but not polished. Someone could take him low first round based on potential but if he stays and builds his resume he could be drafted much higher.

The 2019 draft is also heavy in DL, or so I read.
Reminiscent of Allen Bailey, would you say?

Reminiscent of Allen Bailey, would you say?

Bailey was a different type of player, but you’re point is well taken. He was a 3rd round pick. He more or less developed over two seasons, and turned the corner in year 3. Year 4 he produced, and was rewarded with a 4/yr $25M contract, $15M guaranteed. Great job. He’s a beast.

He also played 4 seasons at The U.

Jackson could stay another season and further develop his skills. If his overall game improves and scouts see the potential to translate that to the league he can make serious money on Day 1, not Day 1, Year 5. Last season the 12th pick, DT Vita Vea, signed a $15M deal including a $9M signing bonus. The 32nd pick, QB Lamar Jackson, signed for $9.6M with $5M up front. $4M difference in guaranteed money.

Understandable if Jackson’s deal seems enough.

Let’s see where the NFL projects Joe at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Back