Richt #22 highest paid coach, worth it?

Also factor in Richt took $1 Million of his OWN MONEY to donate to the IPF then yeah he is an absolute steal at that price point

Advertisement
We are getting somewhat more value than what we paid for.

A Coastal title, probably another one this year all in three years, definitely headed in the right direction, IPF, Hard Rock full, Surging national and local interest, etc etc....

Sounds like a good deal so far to me

Last edited:
Yes he is worth it. We went cheap before and got what we paid for (3 coaches in a row). With that said, everyone wants to be paid their value. My guess is Richt probably values the whole package of being in Miami, since it is Paradise.... can win big with the recruiting base etc. He I am sure sees the whole picture. Doubt he cares someone else may make a little more.

We are getting a good deal because of hometown discount, he gets to control the team, he gets to be in charge of the offense, and he gets to have his son work here. People need to realize some of the things they want to complain about are probably the only reason he is here rather than somewhere else making more money.

Someone should call up the FBI if Lovie is on that list. That is highway robbery right there.

Worth it, I'd say he's a top-15 coach. Factor in the 'fit' to UM/South Florida and we've got a great situation.

If you look at what it takes for programs to get to the top of the mountain nowadays, it's all about building quality depth at the lines, getting a few game-breaking skill position guys, and landing a top-flight QB who pans out. The staff is clearly building quality depth and has skill guys who would start on some of the past few years' playoff teams. If Perry and/or Williams pan out, we're talking about a lot more than just 10 wins and an Orange Bowl appearance...

Advertisement
Richt is the best coach we've had at Miami in a long time. Probably since Jimmy Johnson. **** yes he's worth the money.

At $4 million, he gave us the alumni discount but who knows if that is right. Miami is private so this info is not released like it is with the other coaches on there. Someone also hit the nail on the head. We underpay most of the other coaches.

Muschamp, Ferentz, Frost, Lovie, Willie Vanilli, Herman, Mullen are about the only ones I can argue have no business making more money than Richt.

Lovie and Harbaugh cashing in them Big 10 checks. Wow.

But U forgot that overpaid Herbie CornSUCKER head coach, too!:devilish:

He's probably in that 2nd or at worst the 3rd tier of coaches

Tier 1- Saban, Urban, Jimbo, Dabo - only active national championship winners - top 5-10 recruiting classes every year on top of that.
Tier 2- Shaw, Patterson, Lincoln Riley, Dantonio, Herman, Petersen, Franklin, Harbaugh, Smart, Richt

Jury still out on Herman, Franklin, Harbaugh, and Smart to an extent but I'd say he fits into those names. That would put him top 15.

Advertisement
Richt legitimizes the program in a way previous coaches didn't. Hiring him was a signal to the rest of college football that Miami was at least willing to spend some money on their program. There is a certain cache that comes with having a proven, long-term winner on your staff. He's well respected by his colleagues, high school coaches and parents of recruits. Well worth the salary to make Miami relevant again.

Advertisement
Ricky isn’t elite, but he is in the group just below elite. So yea, we’re getting a bargain.

Worth it, I'd say he's a top-15 coach. Factor in the 'fit' to UM/South Florida and we've got a great situation.

If you look at what it takes for programs to get to the top of the mountain nowadays, it's all about building quality depth at the lines, getting a few game-breaking skill position guys, and landing a top-flight QB who pans out. The staff is clearly building quality depth and has skill guys who would start on some of the past few years' playoff teams. If Perry and/or Williams pan out, we're talking about a lot more than just 10 wins and an Orange Bowl appearance...

Yep. Richt has completely re-energized the program , too. Games weren’t fun to go to for about 12 years.

He gets the program and what makes it cool and is able to naturally work that stuff in without looking like a clown.

In addition, he’s winning a lot of games. He’s 12-1 in our last 13 ACC regular season games.

He’s not an elite, all-timer coach, but he’s very good and worth more than 4 million

Advertisement
Absolutely! Give the man a raise, we were a dumpster fire and laughing stock until took the ship in the right direction.

Am I missing something. Where in that link does it show Mark Richts salary and how did they even get it?
Miami is a private institution and has never released Coach's salaries as far as I'm aware.

Advertisement
Back