Richt: “You need 60 great players to win”

You are forgetting DJ will make a roster. Harley probably will. Mallory and Brevin will also make a roster. We have more NFL talent than any other Coastal team on the offense.
Bruh I said guys who are ready and are contributing..guys who if our season ended RN our gonna make rosters..Brevin to early..Mallory based on what?? Harley based on what? And DJ, I luv him but do I think he is a NFL back? Can I project him as that? **** nah. Not yet. There are canes RB who I can name who were better than him here (only a soph I know) who didn’t make NFL rosters..my point was guys who are currently playing at those levels or at the their potential..the guys I listed are the only ones who have looked like future guys in the league

Advertisement
Bruh I said guys who are ready and are contributing..guys who if our season ended RN our gonna make rosters..Brevin to early..Mallory based on what?? Harley based on what? And DJ, I luv him but do I think he is a NFL back? Can I project him as that? **** nah. Not yet. There are canes RB who I can name who were better than him here (only a soph I know) who didn’t make NFL rosters..my point was guys who are currently playing at those levels or at the their potential..the guys I listed are the only ones who have looked like future guys in the league

Then your logic is even more faulty. UVA, BC, and Duke have way less guys on their offense that will make a roster than we do.

So we had no Offensive Scheme in 16 and 17..bruh that’s just factual at all. The oline in those years had no All American talent either. The guys upfront this year are just ***. Straight up. When you get whipped up front every offensive scheme looks bad

Just out of curiosity....what were we ranked offensively in 16 & 17?

Advertisement
Then your logic is even more faulty. UVA, BC, and Duke have way less guys on their offense that will make a roster than we do.
Let’s just stick to the offense of side..where are struggles are..How about the oline? Are our guys playing better than theirs? Nope.
BC tbh does have at least 3 on O. (The RB the LT and that TE) who look NFL ready RN. On D they have NFL caliber Players on each level just like us. #2 is dominate.

UVA I don’t follow at all. But their D-Line whipped our *** and nationally they have a very good D

Duke has the QB, number 3 who I think will get a look & a corner lol. That’s it. But it doesn’t help when u drop passes, fumble and get whipped at the LOS in the 2nd half

But bro like I said, I wouldn’t trade our your skill talent with any of their guys..but yeah I’ll take BCs oline and the other teams EXPRIENCE. You can’t say that our O hasn’t made unforced errors that haven’t showed up at this consistancy throughout the season the 1st 2 years bruh

Just out of curiosity....what were we ranked offensively in 16 & 17?
In 16 we averaged 34 ppg and finished 37th. Making improvements from 15

In 17 we had regression under what many claim is the worse FBs QBs
Went from 34ppg to 29 and had clear regression under12..couldn’t find where we finished nationally. But we won close games and did not lose turnover battles

2018- we all know the story

This team is a QB away from being great

A good QB can overcome a crap O-Line especially in college

Then again a bad QB can make an O-Line look worse than it is

Advertisement
Let’s just stick to the offense of side..where are struggles are..How about the oline? Are our guys playing better than theirs? Nope.
BC tbh does have at least 3 on O. (The RB the LT and that TE) who look NFL ready RN. On D they have NFL caliber Players on each level just like us. #2 is dominate.

UVA I don’t follow at all. But their D-Line whipped our *** and nationally they have a very good D

Duke has the QB, number 3 who I think will get a look & a corner lol. That’s it. But it doesn’t help when u drop passes, fumble and get whipped at the LOS in the 2nd half

But bro like I said, I wouldn’t trade our your skill talent with any of their guys..but yeah I’ll take BCs oline and the other teams EXPRIENCE. You can’t say that our O hasn’t made unforced errors that haven’t showed up at this consistancy throughout the season the 1st 2 years bruh

Bro there is not other way to say it. We got alot more talent than BC on offense. Richt is just fucing up.

You are forgetting DJ will make a roster. Harley probably will. Mallory and Brevin will also make a roster. We have more NFL talent than any other Coastal team on the offense.
right but richt is use to putting difference makers in the league.
that being said, we have enough to win.

Bro there is not other way to say it. We got alot more talent than BC on offense. Richt is just fucing up.
**that oline is ******* up😂
Offense was straight in 16..straight in 17..with the weapons we thought we had available this year 82-4-18-24-13-9&85 we all thought we’d be straight...nobody for saw this oline being this bad. Nobody for saw losing Ahmmon. We all knew TE was thin and we got hit there..Nobody including myself thought about the missing leadership void of walton, berrios, KC, Trevor, and Herndon. Add 82 to that group . We are asking a lot of young cats to step up.. Bottom line it ends with the coaching staff. That’s y I agree we need a new oline coach and a OC to add new juice to the O. But you can’t bypass the guys on the field not executing and hop to that. I mean bro it’s nauseating to watch the mistakes upfront. The ****** be taking turns ******* up. As a play caller it’s got to be fustrating asf to get stoned upfront by FSU..then UVA..then BC

Advertisement
where was this 'lack of talent' when UM was ranked in the top 10 going into the season?
These coach worshipers never learn. We sign top 15 classes and a top 6 class last year, yet we don’t have the talent of teams like BC and Puke that sign classes in the 40s every year.

These are the same guys who claimed we had no talent on D when Folden was getting killed. Then, the next year those same guys suddenly got talented.

On top of all that, how is talent an excuse in year 3 anyway? 80% of the roster is Rickety’s now. If there’s no talent it’s still his fcking fault.

Advertisement
Well..ask bama..Clemson..Ohio st. That’s the company we want be in right. You’d need 60 great payers to be in that group. We had a very good season last year. But I see the drop off this year when u have to depend on younger guys. You lose to veteran experienced teams. I know we don’t like to hear this as a fan base but it’s true. Go look at Sabans 1st 2 years. Or Dabos 1st few years. Or jimbo when he first started at FSU. Is Richt a level or two below those names, yes. But It takes time. At Miami he has a blueprint of success. From coaches who won big here without the resume as his. Can it be duplicated again is the question. But I get us fans want to say the “U” has no business losing to Virginia or BC but we haven’t been the U since ‘03. 4 to 5 year process. Next year I expect improvements on O. If it’s not trending that way by this date next year, I’m with y’all on finding a new coach. But the RIGHT coach. Not just anyone

Yeah, you need 60 great players to be on that level, but you don't need that to beat the UVAs of the world.

Look, if we'd lost to LSU then run the table and lost to Clemson this statement would make some sense. But when we're losing to the bottom half of the Coastal...

Yeah, you need 60 great players to be on that level, but you don't need that to beat the UVAs of the world.

Look, if we'd lost to LSU then run the table and lost to Clemson this statement would make some sense. But when we're losing to the bottom half of the Coastal...
That was the point of MRs comment, and I agree with that.

Switching from 3-4 to 4-3 instanteously took the D from being ranked in the bottom half of college football to top 30, with identical personnel.

Switching from whatever the **** offense Rick runs to an Air Raid variation would have the same effect. I say variation because it can be adapted to the personnel. Neither Leach or Riley did much with TEs or FBs because they didn't have them. Riley worked more runs into his Air Raid than his sensei, Leach because Oklahoma had a good OL and RBs. Miami can adapt it to utilize some of the best TEs in college football. It can be absolutely lethal as no one else has really had this combo of personnel.

That was the point of MRs comment, and I agree with that.

TBH I didn't read the article (or wherever that quote came from), but it's certainly being portrayed as if he's saying that we aren't winning right now because we don't have 60 great players. And I find it hard to believe that CIS would mischaracterize an article to fit their preconceived notions.

Advertisement
Back