Rich Rod

Would not surprise me one bit if Jimbo pulls an Urban and takes a year off before cashing in on a hefty pay day somewhere else.

Being on the verge of losing your all world QB has a way of doing a number on a head coach's health. Sell high.

Advertisement
Muscorch to TAMU as DC is about the only possible place he ends up next season as I'm sure he had a Radio-esque contract that makes it more lucrative for him not to take most jobs- at least initially.

Don't see **** Rod as happening anywhere in this state. Him failing at Michigan would loom too large to get the UiF job or the mythical FSU opening. As was mentioned (and falsely pretending that we'll have an opening), we've almost made Zona a lateral move and more than likely a salary cut.

Muscorch to TAMU as DC is about the only possible pale he ends up next season as I'm sure he had a Radio-esque contract that makes it more lucrative for him not to take most jobs- at least initially.

Don't see **** Rod as happening anywhere in this state. Him failing at Michigan would loom too large to get the UiF job or the mythical FSU opening. As was mentioned (and falsely pretending that we'll have an opening), we've almost made Zona a lateral move and more than likely a salary cut.

See my post. Not even close to a salary cut. He's making $1.5 million this year.

Muscorch to TAMU as DC is about the only possible place he ends up next season as I'm sure he had a Radio-esque contract that makes it more lucrative for him not to take most jobs- at least initially.

Hmmm, i dont totally disagree here. But i think him failing at Michigan should not be an indictment on his coaching. Certain places breed a certain type of player and Michigan has always been a place built for the style of football Bama is playing now.

rich rods system is built for states like Florida, california, texas, and arizona.

Muscorch to TAMU as DC is about the only possible pale he ends up next season as I'm sure he had a Radio-esque contract that makes it more lucrative for him not to take most jobs- at least initially.

See my post. Not even close to a salary cut. He's making $1.5 million this year.

He got a new deal in June that puts him at a $2.2 mil base with all kinds of additonal weird incentives/sweeteners from boosters. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orthodox-new-contract-could-open-pandoras-box). Once other programs come sniffing around it will only rise. We'd choose to not offer anything even competitive to even what he gets now.

Advertisement

Hmmm, i dont totally disagree here. But i think him failing at Michigan should not be an indictment on his coaching. Certain places breed a certain type of player and Michigan has always been a place built for the style of football Bama is playing now.

rich rods system is built for states like Florida, california, texas, and arizona.

Agreed but the hiring of college coaches doesn't always follow the path of the most intelligent acquisition. Extraneous factors that are less important but more influential often dictate the course of action. Us being perpetually cheap and UiF needing to make a big name hire with minimal performance based baggage would probably trump actually hiring the best guy out there for each program.

I talked to a Michigan alum at work today and he said he thought Rich Rod got the short end of the stick at Michigan. He went over how the offense was humming with him as coach but the defense killed him. I think he'd be a good hire. But the defense is what turns me away. I'd put him on my short list but at the end.

Advertisement

He got a new deal in June that puts him at a $2.2 mil base with all kinds of additonal weird incentives/sweeteners from boosters. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orthodox-new-contract-could-open-pandoras-box). Once other programs come sniffing around it will only rise. We'd choose to not offer anything even competitive to even what he gets now.

USA Today article I read from May 2014 said his new deal raised his salary from $1.33 to $1.5 in base, with the $495K in incentives. I read it again, and it said "proposed" extension. So, I guess he got more. Either way, we can afford him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/05/28/arizona-extends-contracts-rich-rodriguez-sean-miller-greg-byrne/9689725/

USA Today article I read from May 2014 said his new deal raised his salary from $1.33 to $1.5 in base, with the $495K in incentives. I read it again, and it said "proposed" extension. So, I guess he got more. Either way, we can afford him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/05/28/arizona-extends-contracts-rich-rodriguez-sean-miller-greg-byrne/9689725/

Read the link I included, please. He got a new deal after that. We can afford anyone. We won't choose to afford Rich Rod or anyone else making more than Alfred does now.

Advertisement
Josh Newberg ‏@joshnewberg247 4m4 minutes ago
I think there's a very good chance Rich Rodriguez will be coaching in Florida next year. I see scenarios at UF, FSU and Miami.

Josh Newberg @joshnewberg247 · 3m 3 minutes ago
Rich Rod would kill it at Miami. Enough discipline to turn it around quickly, also an exciting offense to keep all those kids home.

He would destroy ****.

I can dig it.

Scenario at FSU?

So Jameis is gonna cost Jimbob his job? I don't think so.

Rich Rod would kill it here or UF. So would Butch.

Lots of talk that jimbo and their administration are on very bad terms. The Wibston situation has caused a lot of it .

And now they have a Federal Investigation in the offing.

Can Kaaya run his offense?
He throws about 65% of the time this season. I watched him against USC and he threw it over 30 times in the first half. It's far cry from WVU and Michigan.

Rich Rod? No, he doesn't. In 2013 at Arizona, he ran it 63% of the time. At WVU it was 57%-72% run. At Clemson it was 54% run. At Michigan it was 57, 60, 70% run. At Tulane, with Shaun King breaking all types of NCAA passing records, it was 54 and 58% run. His only year in D-I football as a OC or Head Coach below 50% run, was 2012 at Arizona, when he was at 47% run. He's been on record saying his ideal offense runs at least 60% of the time.

Read the link I included, please. He got a new deal after that. We can afford anyone. We won't choose to afford Rich Rod or anyone else making more than Alfred does now.

I'm too lazy, but I trust you.

Advertisement
Can Kaaya run his offense?
He throws about 65% of the time this season. I watched him against USC and he threw it over 30 times in the first half. It's far cry from WVU and Michigan.

Rich Rod? No, he doesn't. In 2013 at Arizona, he ran it 63% of the time. At WVU it was 57%-72% run. At Clemson it was 54% run. At Michigan it was 57, 60, 70% run. At Tulane, with Shaun King breaking all types of NCAA passing records, it was 54 and 58% run. His only year in D-I football as a OC or Head Coach below 50% run, was 2012 at Arizona, when he was at 47% run. He's been on record saying his ideal offense runs at least 60% of the time.
I said USC in this season. 72 passes to 29 runs. And I said it was far cry from his earlier days.

There is near zero chance of RR coming here. That is from a financial perspective, a sleaze perspective, Coley leaving, and Kaaya not fitting his system.

Advertisement
Back