Rich Rod

Advertisement
Josh Newberg ‏@joshnewberg247 4m4 minutes ago
I think there's a very good chance Rich Rodriguez will be coaching in Florida next year. I see scenarios at UF, FSU and Miami.

Josh Newberg @joshnewberg247 · 3m 3 minutes ago
Rich Rod would kill it at Miami. Enough discipline to turn it around quickly, also an exciting offense to keep all those kids home.

He would destroy ****.

I can dig it.

Scenario at FSU?

So Jameis is gonna cost Jimbob his job? I don't think so.

Rich Rod would kill it here or UF. So would Butch.

Lots of talk that jimbo and their administration are on very bad terms. The Wibston situation has caused a lot of it .

And now they have a Federal Investigation in the offing.

Fsu or uf with Butch means rip miami.

Advertisement
Can Kaaya run his offense?
He throws about 65% of the time this season. I watched him against USC and he threw it over 30 times in the first half. It's far cry from WVU and Michigan.

Rich Rod? No, he doesn't. In 2013 at Arizona, he ran it 63% of the time. At WVU it was 57%-72% run. At Clemson it was 54% run. At Michigan it was 57, 60, 70% run. At Tulane, with Shaun King breaking all types of NCAA passing records, it was 54 and 58% run. His only year in D-I football as a OC or Head Coach below 50% run, was 2012 at Arizona, when he was at 47% run. He's been on record saying his ideal offense runs at least 60% of the time.
I said USC in this season. 72 passes to 29 runs. And I said it was far cry from his earlier days.

So, one game? Last year, over the entire season, Arizona ran it 63% of the time. This year, if you take out the USC game, they've run it 217 times, and thrown it 214. Like I said, he's been on record as saying he wants to run it 60% of the time or more.

He throws about 65% of the time this season. I watched him against USC and he threw it over 30 times in the first half. It's far cry from WVU and Michigan.

Rich Rod? No, he doesn't. In 2013 at Arizona, he ran it 63% of the time. At WVU it was 57%-72% run. At Clemson it was 54% run. At Michigan it was 57, 60, 70% run. At Tulane, with Shaun King breaking all types of NCAA passing records, it was 54 and 58% run. His only year in D-I football as a OC or Head Coach below 50% run, was 2012 at Arizona, when he was at 47% run. He's been on record saying his ideal offense runs at least 60% of the time.
I said USC in this season. 72 passes to 29 runs. And I said it was far cry from his earlier days.

So, one game? Last year, over the entire season, Arizona ran it 63% of the time. This year, if you take out the USC game, they've run it 217 times, and thrown it 214. Like I said, he's been on record as saying he wants to run it 60% of the time or more.
It's 50/50 this season. The QB is mobile but not pat white or denard Robinson so they are throwing more. He is willing to throw. Meaning kayaa could run the offense. Like the question asked.

It's 50/50 this season. The QB is mobile but not pat white or denard Robinson so they are throwing more. He is willing to throw. Meaning kayaa could run the offense. Like the question asked.

Of course Kaaya could, but that's not the offense he wants to run at all.

Advertisement
I'm pro Butch, but I'm more anti-Golden, so if its Rich Rod or the great grandson of the first chimpanzee sent into orbit, get Golden out of here!

Advertisement
I have been a staunch supporter of the pro style offense, but I'm much more open to spread offenses with the skill position talent down in south Florida.

Advertisement

I think he's a smart coach who plays to the strength of his personnel. Last year, he had Kadeem Cary, so, of course, he ran it and ran it and ran it some more. This year, he has a gun slinger QB and some very good WRs and not Cary, so he's passing more. A few years ago when he had that senior QB who was throwing it like a champion (Scott?), he threw the ball more often.

I can see Pruitt ending up at UF

Muschamp goes back home and is the next DC at UGA (Where Pruitt is now)

Miami fires No D and tabs current UF DB coach T-Rob as the new DC

I just don't know if Rich Rod is the guy...I like him

He had it all at Michigan: boosters, pay, etc...and he dang near sunk that ship

I feel Butch is the safer pick...I think Butch has unfinished business at Miami...and him getting that Title as a head coach
and putting this school on the map would be a **** of way to end a career and set it up for the next man to run in a 7 plus years...

JMO...he has made his mistakes...but the guy knows how to build a program and win...He has recruited on every level has the connections

The biggest thing butch can point to as a seller is say..."DO YOU REMEMBER THE 2000-02 team" I built that...and I want to build it again
but this time DOMINATE AND WIN IT ALL

There is near zero chance of RR coming here. That is from a financial perspective, a sleaze perspective, Coley leaving, and Kaaya not fitting his system.
I have no idea if Rich Rod to Miami is even the slightest bit realistic but James Coley leaving should not be a factor in the equation.

Advertisement
Back