Rhett Lashlee Interview

We had over 500 yards of offense against Oklahoma State. It would have been a lot more of our favorite receivers didn’t drop passes that would have gone for huge gains.
Only AFTER we fell behind by a 1000 points. When it counted the most we got zero.

Advertisement
Only AFTER we fell behind by a 1000 points. When it counted the most we got zero.
What are you talking about? I mean they fell behind 21-0 early but it was 21-10 at the half and the final score was 37-34. It’s not like OSU had some insurmountable lead and Miami just had a bunch of garbage yards. Miami actually outgained OSU by 100 yards. They just turned the ball over twice and the Cowboys didn’t at all. I will take 500+ yards and 34 points against a top 25 P5 opponent every time.

What are you talking about? I mean they fell behind 21-0 early but it was 21-10 at the half and the final score was 37-34. It’s not like OSU had some insurmountable lead and Miami just had a bunch of garbage yards. Miami actually outgained OSU by 100 yards. They just turned the ball over twice and the Cowboys didn’t at all. I will take 500+ yards and 34 points against a top 25 P5 opponent every time.
21=0 and you don't think we were done after just being thrashed by unc? Hats off to Kosi he did his part to make it interesting. But you can't honestly tell us you thought we were winning after that are you? Lashlee started off calling timid plays while Gundy was going for the kill IN THE FIRST QUARTER.

Lashlee is ok. Not good, not bad, just ok. He produces against bad teams but lays eggs against good teams. At least that is what I have seen from one year of production.
He earned another year with players learning his system to see if there is improvement against the teams with a pulse.

Advertisement

In a chat with ACC Network, offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee sounded excited about what receiver Charleston Rambo can do following a strong close to spring ball.

“There is not a lot of pressure on him,” Lashlee said. “He just needs to come in and be the best version of Charleston Rambo that he can be. We have other guys like Mike Harley, Will Mallory, Dee Wiggins, and young guys that will step in. Just step in and do your job and if he has that mindset, he will be fine.

“He has big-game experience at Oklahoma with playing in the playoffs. It is hard to simulate game experience, so he is a guy that has been there and done that—and that helps.

“The development in him with what we do in practice from practice one to practice 15 in the spring was good. He was really on an upward trajectory in the spring. We are excited to have him added to the wide receiver corps.”

So does this mean Wiggins is staying and Pope is gone?

21=0 and you don't think we were done after just being thrashed by unc? Hats off to Kosi he did his part to make it interesting. But you can't honestly tell us you thought we were winning after that are you? Lashlee started off calling timid plays while Gundy was going for the kill IN THE FIRST QUARTER.
Maybe you gave up after the first quarter but the game was incredibly tight and came down to the final minutes. Once again, Miami’s offense actually played better than Oklahoma State’s offense. They just hurt themselves with two fumbles and a defense that played like crap. Not sure how you can pin that on the offensive coordinator. You’re making it seem like Oklahoma State was blowing Miami out and they just got some garbage time touchdowns to make the game seem closer but that wasn’t the case at all. From the second quarter on, Miami outscored them 34- 16.

Advertisement
Maybe you gave up after the first quarter but the game was incredibly tight and came down to the final minutes. Once again, Miami’s offense actually played better than Oklahoma State’s offense. They just hurt themselves with two fumbles and a defense that played like crap. Not sure how you can pin that on the offensive coordinator. You’re making it seem like Oklahoma State was blowing Miami out and they just got some garbage time touchdowns to make the game seem closer but that wasn’t the case at all. From the second quarter on, Miami outscored them 34- 16.
Now it's about me giving up?!? Alright pal whatever.

Now it's about me giving up?!? Alright pal whatever.
Clearly the team didn’t. Otherwise they wouldn’t have gotten back in the game. The point I made was that the offense played well in the bowl.

Advertisement
Lashlee is ok. Not good, not bad, just ok. He produces against bad teams but lays eggs against good teams. At least that is what I have seen from one year of production.
He earned another year with players learning his system to see if there is improvement against the teams with a pulse.
Lashlee was good last year - not a phenom, but good. He wasn't the problem and was a **** sight better than the last two guys.

You only have to look at our recent Draft history to see that the quality of athletes / players is down in Miami. He had to run Pope and Wiggins out there at WR most of last year and those two couldn't catch a cold.

If they play significant snaps this year then I'll start to question him as an OC.

I agree wholeheartedly...He's a decent OC....But certainly not irreplaceable....

Advertisement
Now the @Paranos picture is clearer to me…

Host: Welcome to Spectrum Radio, the intersection of faith and sports.

Paranos: “An” (not and) where we thank the good lord for providing us all of those corn “feed” (not fed) farmer’s daughter mama’s whose big thighs create big lives.

Host: The lord blesses us with an abundance of large women squeezed into small amounts of clothing.

Paranos: “An” she will love you in the evening “an” make you pancakes in the morning like Prince made Charlie Murphy on Chappelle’s show.

Now the @Paranos picture is clearer to me…

Host: Welcome to Spectrum Radio, the intersection of faith and sports.

Paranos: “An” (not and) where we thank the good lord for providing us all of those corn “feed” (not fed) farmer’s daughter mama’s whose big thighs create big lives.

Host: The lord blesses us with an abundance of large women squeezed into small amounts of clothing.

Paranos: “An” she will love you in the evening “an” make you pancakes in the morning like Prince made Charlie Murphy on Chappelle’s show.
"An" let the people say Amen! While being thankful for those "Thick Cakes," whether they be in a pan or come from eating what comes from the pan.

385453c14720501565579163108e86da.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back