Rhett Lashlee - Brent Venables

Advertisement
Rhett Lashlee doesn’t need to convince me anymore. I am onboard and I am a believer 100%!

However, he about to get his first in game test (mentally) in two weeks in the form of Brent Venables.

Looking forward to it!

Not hard to be a great DC when you have first round talent everywhere.
You look smart but to call it ain't hard, same idea with Alabama.
Saban looks like a great coach but it's easy to call an offense or defense when you always have the upper hand with talent.

My G, you know that ms unrealistic. Everybody poaches UM for resources. Everything is impermanent over here. Players, Coaches, you name it. We never have nice things for an extended period like we used to.
Like we used to? When did we ever have nice things for an extended period?

I'm not stressed about us blocking their front 4 which is usually where defenses get the edge. Venables will bring pressure and we will have chances to make plays. Also the pace at which we run the offense should help us.

Advertisement
Venerables goes aggressive Lashlee will have a field day with him. I also think this game is the game when King gone connect on a few deep balls. This could be his Hiesman moment game

Venables is the best in the business. He is THE STANDARD. If Lashlee can hold his own, crown him
Venables is good when he has players that know his system in and out. Those guys are gone and he is trying to find what works with new players. Clemson has a new secondary and several new defensive starters. Yes he comes up with some crazy blitzing schemes but you guys act as if they can't be scored on. His defensive have had trouble with dual threat qbs in the past and this is the right time to strike. They didn't blow out a bottom feeding Tx am team that if they had a qb that could make throws would of been a closer gm. Narrowly beat Unc, O State and you seen what Lsu did with a good qb. Throw me out some names on his defense this year that scares some of you guys because the games I've seen this year of theirs i dont see it. New secondary that is still learning their best pass rusher is out for the season and you guys are scared Canes fans right! Us against the world F@@@ Clemson.

Last edited:
Rhett Lashlee doesn’t need to convince me anymore. I am onboard and I am a believer 100%!

However, he about to get his first in game test (mentally) in two weeks in the form of Brent Venables.

Looking forward to it!
Lashlee has a national title with his offense , he isn’t scared

We need to consider Venables type money if we want to retain a legit coordinator. If Lashlee wins this next game, he COULD make that argument come the end of the season.

It’s also the culture. Clemson creates a culture of togetherness.

Our beloved UM program has always been viewed as a stepping stone to the NFL.

I don’t think that’s the mantra Manny Diaz is preaching. I hope that after finally getting it right that Blake James finds the money to keep this thing together.

Advertisement
The good news is Lashlee has coached against Alabama, when he was at Auburn. I'm not sure if he's coached against Clemson while he was there, but he might have. The offense will at least give them a chance. It will be interesting to see if defense can get any pressure on Lawrence.

Advertisement
It’s also the culture. Clemson creates a culture of togetherness.

Our beloved UM program has always been viewed as a stepping stone to the NFL.

I don’t think that’s the mantra Manny Diaz is preaching. I hope that after finally getting it right that Blake James finds the money to keep this thing together.
It's not just the culture of the program. It's the culture of S. Fl. "What have you done for me lately?" is a common mantra. UM needs to be a shining beacon and destination in S. Fl rather than just a tool to be used and thrown away.

Clemson replacing 6 starters on D and have to replace 4 OL. Missing a couple of good receivers. I think the D matches up well to their O with the exception of LBs on Lawrence and Etienne. Gotta figure something out there. On offense the OLine is at a disadvantage to their DL but with the new system and King and Harris in the backfield I’d look to run behind the tackles with some misdirection. King is going to get his. The one spot we have a big advantage is the tight ends. Brevin is great and then we need to get Mallory more involved. Clemson has shown a weakness in the past accounting for TEs.

Advertisement
Rhett is gonna get his against Vernables. He's the goods.

And ppl shouldn't be bent out of shape with Rhett being a one and done guy.
If you think he isn't thinking about September 4th, 2021 then you have another thing coming. Just wanted to add that in.

god **** i havent been this excited about a coaching matchup for us in my whole canes fandom.

Advertisement
Back