Rhett Lashlee - Brent Venables

Advertisement
It's worth mentioning that Clem has better players over-all. Don't give me any sht, you know that we've got great players but not at every position. Our 2nd guys aren't universally strong, and all our guys are learning a new system. They have the edge in depth and over-all talent, as well as having an established culture of winning. We're building those things, and we're starting to see the fruits of that building, but at best we're where they were Clem 2011.

Now. All that's not to excuse anything. If we don't look like we belong in that game, that's a gigantic fail. I'm just saying that, unfortunately, this isn't a straight-up 1 vs 1. It's a good vs very good. Again, I'm not letting Lashlee or the team off the hook, but it's worth noting.

Bottom line: A win is possible and would be amazing, but any kind of close loss is clear progress and shouldn't be ignored. Don't come at me with and cuck/beta bullsht. This is the truth and you know it.
Clemson doesn't have great players at every position.

Clemson doesn't have great players at every position.
Wow, good one. Are you saying we've got the same amount of talent as a team? That our 2nd string guys are as good as theirs across the board? If Nesta went down and so did their best DT, who do you think has the better replacement? Is our 5th WR as talented as theirs? What about our backup QB, you trust ours over theirs?

Or are you just being difficult?

Advertisement
Rhett at SMU put up points against Gary Patterson. Rhett will put up points against Venables. Baker is what I'm worried about.
Patterson isnt close to what Venables has done the last few years.. Venables has been the best in business.. Diaz is actually up there in most stats too but Venables is #1 or #2 in every top category..

Have a feeling Trevor Lawrence will make Baker and our CBs look silly. Our chance is to score back on them. In my opinion if we lose a close one it’s not a bad thing at all, it will provide extra motivation to beat these guys in a rematch in Charlotte. That’s the game that really matters

Advertisement
Patterson isnt close to what Venables has done the last few years.. Venables has been the best in business.. Diaz is actually up there in most stats too but Venables is #1 or #2 in every top category..
Venables is elite but don't get lost in the fact that he has had Alabama like talent on defense. With that said there are games where he has been out schemed and given up lots of points to teams he wasnt supposed to.

Lashlee went against Clemson back in 2016 with auburn. Lost 13-19. He is battle tested, he was the OC for auburn 2013-2016.
Lol well we ain't holding them under 30 so we need a lot more than 13 haha

Venables is elite but don't get lost in the fact that he has had Alabama like talent on defense. With that said there are games where he has been out schemed and given up lots of points to teams he wasnt supposed to.
Never said him being best in business means he is unbeatable. Everybody gets got bruh.. Even saban with "alabama like talent"

Advertisement
He actually hasn’t had Alabama like talent on defense. Maybe on the d-line but not at LB and DB

Advertisement
It's worth mentioning that Clem has better players over-all. Don't give me any sht, you know that we've got great players but not at every position. Our 2nd guys aren't universally strong, and all our guys are learning a new system. They have the edge in depth and over-all talent, as well as having an established culture of winning. We're building those things, and we're starting to see the fruits of that building, but at best we're where they were Clem 2011.

Now. All that's not to excuse anything. If we don't look like we belong in that game, that's a gigantic fail. I'm just saying that, unfortunately, this isn't a straight-up 1 vs 1. It's a good vs very good. Again, I'm not letting Lashlee or the team off the hook, but it's worth noting.

Bottom line: A win is possible and would be amazing, but any kind of close loss is clear progress and shouldn't be ignored. Don't come at me with and cuck/beta bullsht. This is the truth and you know it.
Those last 2 lines....hahaha

Wow, good one. Are you saying we've got the same amount of talent as a team? That our 2nd string guys are as good as theirs across the board? If Nesta went down and so did their best DT, who do you think has the better replacement? Is our 5th WR as talented as theirs? What about our backup QB, you trust ours over theirs?

Or are you just being difficult?
I'm saying they have holes in their roster that they usually always have. Their linebackers are never usual that athletic ( Minus Isaiah Simmons who was not recruited there as a linebacker). It's not like they ever pump out a bunch of 1st round talent on the O line either. In the past they have had decent corners, a couple all ACC guys but not really elite(Not sure about their cornerbacks this year). They have always had elite wide receivers but they are down a couple this year, although they do have young unproven talent at that position. They have a lot of elite players, but they have holes as well. We know these guys will be coached up though and thats the difference for now.

I'm saying they have holes in their roster that they usually always have. Their linebackers are never usual that athletic ( Minus Isaiah Simmons who was not recruited there as a linebacker). It's not like they ever pump out a bunch of 1st round talent on the O line either. In the past they have had decent corners, a couple all ACC guys but not really elite(Not sure about their cornerbacks this year). They have always had elite wide receivers but they are down a couple this year, although they do have young unproven talent at that position. They have a lot of elite players, but they have holes as well. We know these guys will be coached up though and thats the difference for now.
yup, they are replacing guys who have to prove themselves.. Their WR have the pedigree but are they as good as the past guys? Lawrence and Etienne cover up alot for them

D27ABB33-1892-4C47-B76D-8ACD94ED7A6E.jpeg

Advertisement
Back