Rex Ryan

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
Just wanted to throw that name in the hat as a possibility. Seemed to have some ex-player support and of course ties with Ed Reed. Allegedly interested in the job after Richt retired. Certainly has a big personality and would fit in with the culture. Of course changes would need to be made with AD as well for this to have any feasibility. Name hasn't really been brought up so was wondering what you guys thought about him?

Advertisement
Just wanted to throw that name in the hat as a possibility. Seemed to have some ex-player support and of course ties with Ed Reed. Allegedly interested in the job after Richt retired. Certainly has a big personality and would fit in with the culture. Of course changes would need to be made with AD as well for this to have any feasibility. Name hasn't really been brought up so was wondering what you guys thought about him?

Zero track record in college football, including recruiting and coaching tree.
The fact that some of our former players played for him and/or dig him should mean nothing.
In fact, our former players need to be kept as far away as possible during the hiring process.
Just get a qualified AD who has a football background or came from a strong college program and let him do his job.

1634309398585.gif

Advertisement
***** the ex-player accolades. That should be the first warning sign against them...
We don't need group therapy coordinators.. We need leaders of men.

Advertisement
I don't hate it actually. He's a great defensive mind, you really can't deny that. He also had the Jets rolling for awhile, and that's apparently quite hard to do.

I think he'd do great at recruiting but you never know so that would be a gamble. I'm not saying he's amazing but i think Miami could do much, much worse.

The best part with him is you know the players would get real coaching, something that hasn't happened in 20 years.

Advertisement
Zero track record in college football, including recruiting and coaching tree.
The fact that some of our former players played for him and/or dig him should mean nothing.
In fact, our former players need to be kept as far away as possible during the hiring process.
Just get a qualified AD who has a football background or came from a strong college program and let him do his job.

THIS ^^^. Thank you.

No fan base can throw more **** names to the wall hoping they stick than this beloved Miami faithful.

Gruden's now available, too—send the jet! Checking tail numbers!

Advertisement
I’ve never seen the appeal other than his last name is “Ryan.”

I’m not even sure how great of a defensive coach he really is. Coaching a defense led by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed can make a lot of mediocre coaches look fantastic.

If he’s so great then why is he in the TV booth instead of on the sidelines?

Advertisement
Back