Rewatching games we lose

I watch every single game at least twice; b/c I’m too emotionally involved in the 1st view, & since I know the outcome, I enjoy breaking down flaws, and what we succeed in w/o the emotion. It allows me a non rose-colored outlook of the team. Even if we lose, I get to see was it on coaching, players, refs, team. It allows me to see where we’re talented at, where we’re not, where we’re coached up at, & where we’re not.

W/o that data, it wouldn’t allow me to post fluid, thorough thoughts. It would just allow me to make 100 threads about flying banners, firing coaches, sending players to the portal, & bury the program after a SINGLE MUH FCKIN LOSS IN YEAR 3 WEEKS OF A NEW COACH’S TENURE.
It's funny how after a loss I just want to act like the game never happened and you find comfort in understanding why it happened. God bless you brother

Advertisement
The first thing I do with a game we lost is delete the recording and try and put it out of my mind, if we win I may watch it 10 times. Question is, the people on here that go in to break down the games we lost and see why. I've never watched a game we lost twice much less studying it. How difficult is it ? Just seems depressing. Grateful you do! Cuz I sure can't!
Step back and away from the ledge.

I watch every single game at least twice; b/c I’m too emotionally involved in the 1st view, & since I know the outcome, I enjoy breaking down flaws, and what we succeed in w/o the emotion. It allows me a non rose-colored outlook of the team. Even if we lose, I get to see was it on coaching, players, refs, team. It allows me to see where we’re talented at, where we’re not, where we’re coached up at, & where we’re not.

W/o that data, it wouldn’t allow me to post fluid, thorough thoughts. It would just allow me to make 100 threads about flying banners, firing coaches, sending players to the portal, & bury the program after a SINGLE MUH FCKIN LOSS IN YEAR 3 WEEKS OF A NEW COACH’S TENURE.
Agree. I think Mario and Gattis are both smart enough to see the pass offense is sub par. Just trying to convince myself that they are not too stubborn to tweak the pass offense to better utilize the players we have

Advertisement

This is me too. I re-watch usually once on the TV broadcast, and then I watch again on YouTube where I rewind and replay each play several times to see design, execution, etc.

To me, this game just had a nice mixed bag of everything you can do wrong to lose a game on offense (and embarrass yourself in the process). There were some plays to be made by TVD that he just didn't make, but there weren't nearly enough schemed for him. There were several plays where he literally had nowhere to go with the football. And then you combine that with some EGREGIOUS decisions (the pull on what looked to be a designed run on 2nd and goal from the 8 when we were down 17-3 will make your stomach turn. Go back and rewatch it and see what happens if he gives Knighton the ball. It's down to the 3 yard line at absolute worst and there's a decent chance he scores). Just poor coaching, some missed throws, WAY TOO MANY DROPS, awful decision making by our OC and HC, and penalties in the redzone, which are just absolute killers against a good defense. But ****, I came away even more encouraged by the OL than I was originally. We are MUCH better up front, already. Which is really scary considering that we're still relatively young and we're going to be recruiting much better prospects going forward. Those dudes came to play. There were so many plays where we had a hat on a hat and the A&M front didn't move us an inch. I am so encouraged for the rest of the season based off this, because outside of Clemson, there is nobody else we'll play that has anywhere near the front that A&M does. We should be able to control the LOS easily going forward.

I started to drink the Kool-aid again this offseason so I am probably going to rewatch every game win or lose until I inevitably get so disappointed that it hurts me to rewatch games again. I'm excited and believe in the future of the program though so I enjoy rewatching to see how guys did good or bad and who is improving even if we don't win.

Advertisement
Advertisement

This! This! This!!!☝🏾And I’d like to add, it helps you understand the game better from a scheme standpoint if you’re a coach (quite a few of us on this board that are/have coaches/coached on some level), or you’re just interested in football beyond just being a fan. Like Rell said, it takes the emotional aspect out of it.

Advertisement
The first thing I do with a game we lost is delete the recording and try and put it out of my mind, if we win I may watch it 10 times. Question is, the people on here that go in to break down the games we lost and see why. I've never watched a game we lost twice much less studying it. How difficult is it ? Just seems depressing. Grateful you do! Cuz I sure can't!
My brother!!! I thought I was the only loon that did this.

Yea, I’ve never watched that game. It’s probably the only UM that I cannot stomach to watch again.
I've re-watched it, very frustrating. Knowing we are going to lose to an inferior team. All the mistakes we made.

It’s more fun to break down the losses because it usually means there are more opportunities for development, improvement, or to see some future growth. Part of the hobby of watching college football is to see players and teams blossom. It’s sometimes more interesting than watching more finished products over time. While an NFL game is clearly higher quality and that is entertaining, you sometimes get to watch huge leaps with college players and teams.

Advertisement
Back