Revisiting Robert Knowles

Advertisement
I am not mad at knowles for taking the opportunity to play for Miami, and subsequently finding himself on the field. I give him credit for working hard, and it is the recruiting staffs fault he logged the minutes he did and caught the ire of the fan base.

However there is no reason Dmoney's post has to be accepted, agreed with, or practiced, and no reason anyone is obligated to pretend he was more of a player than he was.

Advertisement
The issue was the staff would play him over guys who were obviously more talented and more athletic. That's not on him but it's on definitely on the staff. S/O Knowles for being a true cane!

I don't care if he was the best player we ever had or the worst. He did everything that was asked of him to the best of his ability. I'm proud to call him a fellow alum. The same can't be said for the whiny little bytches who did nothing but complain and either left early or transferred.

Advertisement
The way knowles has been slandered on this board and social media is distasteful. He’s is a classic example of perseverance. I always told my kid you gotta have thick skin in this world. People are gonna say some foul **** so in the words of jay-z you gotta “ brush off your shoulders “ moreover knowles is the epitome of a program kid who was “ DEVELOPED” by the secondary coaches. ( since we complain about kids not being developed) He waited his turn and was rewarded. That kid will be successful in life you can bet on that.

lol isn’t this board meant for player discussion and debate? Before his SR year Knowles was atrocious and shouldn’t have been playing.. He was OK his SR year.. When you play at a high profile college, expect high scrutiny from fans. That’s just how it is... It’s not personal, it’s all on the field..

Advertisement
Yep he was horrible his first 2-3 years and then was pretty **** decent his senior year. Props for not letting the hate bother him and getting better.

If only knowles could be eligible here for 10 years he would be the next Ed Reed

naw I’m just playing shout out to Robert Knowles

Advertisement
Ninjas would kill Robert Knowles.....but go to war and riot for Mike Rumph....help make it make sense.
giphy.gif

He wasn’t liability as a senior but honestly he just wasn’t a P5 caliber athlete. Nothing against him personally, I won’t bash him because he was limited physically. It’s just the reality of the situation.

I mean... He'll get my respect for being a CANE but let's not act like it was a good thing he stayed for 5yrs. It wasn't like we would've missed him.

I will say that our season got so bad that I did somewhat come to appreciate his "efforts" because it did get to a point where our guys looked like they stopped trying. But just speaking on talent and what he did for us, "serviceable" might be too much credit.

Advertisement
Back