Reuben Foster

Advertisement
Dont be fooled by his tape i seen him play on espnu like 2 weeks he is so overated he always looks confused goes the wrong way on run play. Kinda slow ill admit he has great size. I know im the only one on the site that saw this 2 .

He looked absolutely AWFUL in that game. I ragged on ROLLTIDE for hating on the kid when he decommited from Bama, but the truth is this kid has a high bust factor. If he gets his head on straight and loses some **** weight, then he could be a monster. If he continues on the path that he's been on his senior year, he's going to be a huge disappointment.

Advertisement
Dont be fooled by his tape i seen him play on espnu like 2 weeks he is so overated he always looks confused goes the wrong way on run play. Kinda slow ill admit he has great size. I know im the only one on the site that saw this 2 .

He looked absolutely AWFUL in that game. I ragged on ROLLTIDE for hating on the kid when he decommited from Bama, but the truth is this kid has a high bust factor. If he gets his head on straight and loses some **** weight, then he could be a monster. If he continues on the path that he's been on his senior year, he's going to be a huge disappointment.

I agree that he's overweight, but IIRC he's had a nagging injury since the summer. I'm not saying he couldn't possibly bust, but he's even more talented than Vontaze Burfict and Burfict was one of the best LBs in CFB (and is succeeding in the NFL) despite being lazy and killing his team with penalties.

That guys's tape was ridiculous. People that are saying they don't see what the big deal is, I'm not sure you clicked on the correct highlight tape.

I think the staff is gearing up to take more LB's than grace and Thomas. Maybe they are planning on boats and hoes with this kid

Diagnoses plays: check
Hits hard: check
Great burst: check
PLAYS HIS ASSIGNMENT: check
Disruptive: check
Great size for the position: check

The only negative I see is that he got by with a TON of arm-tackles in that clip. That's all fine and well to do when you're a man amongst boys in HS, but on the D1 level, you'll look silly real quick if you don't start wrapping up. He plays a touch out of control and lets his athleticism bail him out in some cases...but, when you're in the right place to start with--that tends to work out well more times than not.

One thing I want to point out--it's hard to both play your assignment and be disruptive. Guys that can do that as LB's are special--take Luke Kuechly, for instance. It didn't matter if what you were doing, he was always where he was supposed to be, and worked so hard at it that he disrupted plays all the time. Foster = more athletic/faster Kuechly.

That being said, I doubt he ever comes to UM. If he does--it's a HUGE pull and this staff will have done one helluva job with this class.

Great points. Also huge negative.. Can he provide coverage out the backfield or tight ends over the middle.

Last edited:
Not sure what the big deal is about this kid. He seems slow as ****, and he's NEVER blocked which makes me think he plays against some ****ty teams. I will take Matthew Thomas' reel over this kid's all day and twice on saturday.

you have to click on the play button to see the video.....might be why he seems slow as **** to you.

6 is --------------------> way better than this dude. Look at his film again competition looks suspect.

Advertisement

I agree that he's overweight, but IIRC he's had a nagging injury since the summer. I'm not saying he couldn't possibly bust, but he's even more talented than Vontaze Burfict and Burfict was one of the best LBs in CFB (and is succeeding in the NFL) despite being lazy and killing his team with penalties.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree that the talent is there. But again I've go to say that the kid definitely has some concerns. With that said, it really doesn't matter because despite what he says in that interview, there's no way in **** he's coming to Miami. If Chizik gets canned and AU doesn't make a big hire, I could see him going to another SEC school, but I seriously doubt he's coming to UM no matter what happens. He's on record as saying that his cousin was one of the AU football players that was murdered, and that he wants to continue his legacy. Plus, AU has a really nice set up going for him and his family. When it's all said and done, I think he stays "home."

For those that talk about the competition, troup plays good competition, and so does Auburn High (the school he's attending this year). Trust me when I say that highlight tape does not lie. He's about as talented as they come. Regarding Thomas, Thomas is just much more versatile. Two different types of LB.

People say Debo is tiny and doesnt look as impressive in person because he gets lost and takes plays off. He can stick though. I would take him.

Foster is a monster. Let him come for a vacation I dont care

Advertisement
Just to address a couple concerns some of you have raised about Foster:

1) the Auburn tattoo may be because he attends Auburn High School. I'm not saying UA has absolutely nothing to do with it, but it may not be as telling as some would believe.

2) having lived in LaGrange, I can say that the competition is solid.

3) as far as the recruiting concerns, from what I've been led to believe, Foster and his family have been long time friends with Trooper and frequently have had cookouts, etc. together. Trooper is definitely operating in a grey area and it could prove troublesome. Hopefully, he's not looking for the biggest paycheck, but i can't rule that out.

My opinion: if this guy has genuine interest, bring him in and see what happens. His recruitment has been very public and drama filled so perhaps he is just trolling and looking for a free trip. Unless he's taking an opportunity from another solid recruit with confirmed interest, then let him see what life in Coral Gables is like. With that said, I did like Debo's tape.

God **** there are some DUMB mother****ers posting on this thread.

You have no problem taking a 180 lbs linebacker but you wouldn't take Foster because he's "slow?" (which is bull**** btw)

And you wonder why we give up 300 yards per game on the ground. SMH

Advertisement
God **** there are some DUMB mother****ers posting on this thread.

You have no problem taking a 180 lbs linebacker but you wouldn't take Foster because he's "slow?" (which is bull**** btw)

And you wonder why we give up 300 yards per game on the ground. SMH

If he wants in you take him. I would rather him be a little overweight when he comes in than 190 lbs. The coaches will get him in shape.

1) the Auburn tattoo may be because he attends Auburn High School. I'm not saying UA has absolutely nothing to do with it, but it may not be as telling as some would believe.

3) as far as the recruiting concerns, from what I've been led to believe, Foster and his family have been long time friends with Trooper and frequently have had cookouts, etc. together. Trooper is definitely operating in a grey area and it could prove troublesome. Hopefully, he's not looking for the biggest paycheck, but i can't rule that out.

My opinion: if this guy has genuine interest, bring him in and see what happens. His recruitment has been very public and drama filled so perhaps he is just trolling and looking for a free trip. Unless he's taking an opportunity from another solid recruit with confirmed interest, then let him see what life in Coral Gables is like. With that said, I did like Debo's tape.

Just to clarify, the Auburn tattoo is most definitely because of Auburn University and not Auburn High. On another note, are you living anywhere near Lagrange now? I've talked to quite a few posters lately that are close to the laGrange, Ga and Valley, Al area. It would be great if we all got together for a game.

Just to clarify, the Auburn tattoo is most definitely because of Auburn University and not Auburn High. On another note, are you living anywhere near Lagrange now? I've talked to quite a few posters lately that are close to the laGrange, Ga and Valley, Al area. It would be great if we all got together for a game.

Sorry man, but as my handle indicates, I'm in Ohio.

Advertisement
Back