Restrepo Breakdown

Advertisement
Yeah . . . @Bubbacane10 we need a full and independent disclosure here. Are you friendly with or related to Ronnie Bell?
What exactly does he do that X can't do?
Details.

I just watched his highlights and didn't see him do one single thing that X doesn't already do.
Matter of fact, I saw him get tackled one-on-one in the open field and also get hawked down by a Wisconsin DB.
So it's not like you're talking about some electrifying athlete here.
He’s a way better route runner then x. He gets way more separation then x does. He’s been injured a lot and that has hampered him that’s why his numbers aren’t where they should be but if he stays healthy he will have way better numbers. I know you coached x and he’s a ball player but you guys are acting like he’s 1 round talent and he’s not.

Advertisement
His best season he had 48rec 758yds & 1TD, where’d you get that he’s one of the best in all of college football?

He’s a pretty good Slot WR, I made the parallel because he had his most productivity in Gattis’s offenses & was Michigans leading WR in Gattis’ first year as OC.

Restrepo can do similar things, especially considering we don’t really have a #1 WR yet & the offense will be more centered around balance & control, Restrepo will be a primary target for TVD because he has the most consistent hands among the WR group.
He’s been injured too often but when he’s healthy I think this year he will be one of the best receivers in the country (if he’s healthy).

I see what your getting at but if anybody is used the way they used Ronnie I would think b.smith has the similar skill set. Let me ask you this, do you think x is the best receiver on Miami’s roster ?

Advertisement
No. I think he will start and be one of our most productive guys and probably our most reliable but I wouldn’t label him “the best”. That’s JMO.

I was more so referring to you calling Bell one of the best WRs in the country though.
I should have clarified with saying that I am talking as this upcoming year I think he’s going to one of the best if he stays healthy. His production/impact he had before he got hurt for gattis was huge.

He’s been injured too often but when he’s healthy I think this year he will be one of the best receivers in the country (if he’s healthy).

I see what your getting at but if anybody is used the way they used Ronnie I would think b.smith has the similar skill set. Let me ask you this, do you think x is the best receiver on Miami’s roster ?
No, I think Keyshawn Smith is the best WR on Miami’s roster.

But I think X will benefit the most from the offensive system we’re running in terms of targets among the WR’s.

I think the TE’s & RB’s will actually be the most productive for the overall offense.

Appreciate the candor.

Anything you can share re: Gattis? Does Bell speak highly of him?
Gattis is very well liked by players. He will make a big difference with b smith, George and frank imo. He’s good at identifying their talent and where to put them best. Look at freshman Andrel Anthony for Michigan last year was a freshman and came on big a couple games. He knows how to use the talent which is good. Miami won’t have romello sitting on the sideline when tvd throws a fade route to the end zone

Advertisement
He’s a way better route runner then x. He gets way more separation then x does. He’s been injured a lot and that has hampered him that’s why his numbers aren’t where they should be but if he stays healthy he will have way better numbers. I know you coached x and he’s a ball player but you guys are acting like he’s 1 round talent and he’s not.
Ok I stopped reading after the first sentence.
Nobody is a "way better" route runner than X.
That's literally his biggest asset and something he did better than anybody in South Florida.
How do you think the kid gets open?

No, I think Keyshawn Smith is the best WR on Miami’s roster.

But I think X will benefit the most from the offensive system we’re running in terms of targets among the WR’s.

I think the TE’s & RB’s will actually be the most productive for the overall offense.
I like Keyshawn a lot as well. X is going to have a great year and I know he’s tough kid and plays hard, competes hard, probably the most consistent wr Miami has no question I just think Miami would be better off starting brashard smith in the slot. I know I’ll get a lot of flack for that and hate like I’ve been getting just because I don’t hold x as in high regard as a lot of people on here but b.smith in the slot I think would get more production then x would. Brashard is a home run threat almost every time he has ball in his hands. I know that’s a tough call but if it were up to me I’d put b smith in the slot over x.

Advertisement
I think Keyshawn Smith is the best WR on Miami’s roster.
My Heart Episode 6 GIF by Crunchyroll

Ok I stopped reading after the first sentence.
Nobody is a "way better" route runner than X.
That's literally his biggest asset and something he did better than anybody in South Florida.
How do you think the kid gets open?
Just because he played for the team you currently coach and because he’s from south Florida doesn’t mean he’s the best route runner in south Florida stop it. He gets open because he’s aggressive and he does have short area quickness which helps him. I know you’re a good football coach and I respect you a lot but being a little biased to south Florida and Deerfield right now. I never said x isn’t a good player, never said he wasn’t a good route runner, i jut think theirs a big gap between the two but we can disagree as your sample size for x is way different then most who can see

I should have clarified with saying that I am talking as this upcoming year I think he’s going to one of the best if he stays healthy. His production/impact he had before he got hurt for gattis was huge.
He's the best wr in the training room is what it sounds like.

Hope he stays healthy and balls out.

Advertisement
Back