Restrepo Breakdown

I love this kid. He’s never going to be a top end, high draft pick type of kid. But he’s the quintessential productive college WR. All the intangibles you want and an absolute alpha. And one thing that took me by surprise last year was how strong he was. He ran through a lot of tackles. He’s not the little quick scat slot kid a lot of people think he is. He’s got the WR record at UM for the squat. That is big time.

Also, Restrepo in his first 2 years on campus:

25 catches for 385 yards and 2 TDs

Braxton Berrios in his first 2 years on campus:

33 catches for 318 yards and 3 TDs

When he transferred to Deerfield from STA to graduate early and play with Knighton, he played a ton both ways and I’m pretty sure was a captain for just the one year.

I have no idea what type of stats he puts up (huge I hope) or if he makes it to the nfl… but I’m **** grateful he’s on the Canes because guys with his mentality and work ethic are a dying breed in this transfer yesterday internet attention ***** world

He’s the type of guy that makes your team better in multiple different ways

Advertisement
There's a lot to like about his game. Runs good routes and excels at tough catches. The dude lays out for anything even if it looks uncatchable. He's built more like a running back than the typical slot guy. He can run through arm tackles and make guys miss in the open field. He's got enough speed to make plays vertically too. He's not just an underneath dink and dunk guy. If I have a criticism, he does occasionally drop catchable balls but knowing his work ethic, I'd bet he eliminates that problem this year. Would not be surprised if he leads the team in receptions this coming season. Just an all around good football player and a good kid.

He's got the "Sonny Crocket wide-eyed gun's up" death stare from back in the era when we were really good!
b82abaf6bd5473038d9adcde996a7d09890a87a4c752a5c66c95beb01a371248._SX1080_.jpg

Oh idk man Ronnie bell is 10x the athlete and receiver restrepo is. Ronnie is one of the best wr in all of college football and they use him all over the field Bc he has that versatility. Not sure x can do what Ronnie does.
Catching bubble screen aint all that hard....an majority of that highlight of Ronnie Bell thats all he was doing.

Restrepo can 100 percent do whatever Bell is/was doing.

Advertisement
Like X a lot! Kid is just solid and dependable. He's also TVD's favorite target so expect him to get even more targets this season.

Catching bubble screen aint all that hard....an majority of that highlight of Ronnie Bell thats all he was doing.

Restrepo can 100 percent do whatever Bell is/was doing.
Wrong. I watched Ronnie all summer before he got injured. He runs more then just bubble screens. He’s a great route runner and restrepo can absolutely not do what bell does. You think x is as good as bell? You’re smoking ******* crack big dawg. Bell is 10x the athlete. You’re wrong, I know you know football, but x isn’t in the same stratosphere as bell

Wrong. I watched Ronnie all summer before he got injured. He runs more then just bubble screens. He’s a great route runner and restrepo can absolutely not do what bell does. You think x is as good as bell? You’re smoking ******* crack big dawg. Bell is 10x the athlete. You’re wrong, I know you know football, but x isn’t in the same stratosphere as bell
Nothing makes you more wrong than saying "10x the athlete" like Restrepo is a paraplegic out there..

How am i wrong when thats what HIS highlights have.

The bell kid is a nice slot wr...nothing earth breaking and nothin seen in that highlight that made me think he is doing something X really cant.

I honestly never really even heard of Bell. But i dont pay much attention to Mich and especially their skill positions because they are typically just basic at their skills.

Restrepo if healthy can put up good numbers in that same role michigan had bell at....He actually has more short area quickness than Bell imo based off of that highlight tape,

Advertisement
Nothing makes you more wrong than saying "10x the athlete" like Restrepo is a paraplegic out there..
Thats the part that got me....you would think Restrepo is/was a poor athlete and rout runner...i really dont think he has a clue ont hat kid. He was one of the top dogs in s.fla at his position he aint a backseat to anyone type of kid at all...and dude has a serious work ethic

How am i wrong when thats what HIS highlights have.

The bell kid is a nice slot wr...nothing earth breaking and nothin seen in that highlight that made me think he is doing something X really cant.

I honestly never really even heard of Bell. But i dont pay much attention to Mich and especially their skill positions because they are typically just basic at their skills.

Restrepo if healthy can put up good numbers in that same role michigan had bell at....He actually has more short area quickness than Bell imo based off of that highlight tape,
Wrong in that’s not all bell runs is bubble screens. They play him out of the slot too. I understand you’re going off his highlight but he’s more versatile then x. Restrepo will have a good season and he’s a good receiver people are just comparing him to a rookie of the year receiver and far from basic. Him and Anthony are two play making receivers that both have produced more then x. I hear what you’re saying but bell is legit man. Bell if healthy has a good chance to lead the big ten. I went to MSU’s spring game last year and told people Kenneth walker was going to make some noise looked really good… and what do ya know. Bell gonna have a big year

Advertisement
He’s not Ronnie bell and isn’t close
God **** dude you sure love you some Ronnie Bell don’t you?!?!?

Did you invite him to bang your sister or something…. Jesus

And go ahead and pull up the testing data of X versus your boyfriend coming out of high school

Per 247, X had that slightly higher composite score, and significantly better offer list, including a Michigan offer

In 4 seasons Bell scored 5 TDs. In basically one season X has 2.

When X’s career is over I’ll bet you my house and 401k that X will have better career stats than Bell

Which is only about 800yds and 3 TDs to pass him

Last edited:
X is by far the best route runner on the team, and it ain't even close. Probably one of the top in the country.
That's how he makes his living. Always has. He abuses DB's.
And @ just under 200lbs he's basically a RB playing slot.
He's also light years more savvy than any skill player we have on the team.

What struck me about that youtube video is the anticipation TVD has, and the timing of his throws. Him and X are best friends/roommates, so they have a lot of chemistry. I think that's one of the reasons X goes off this year.
His best friend/roommate at QB + new offense + no favoritism + a staff that rewards hard work = his year

This whole narrative of X being an average athlete who just works hard and wills himself into making plays need to stop immediately. If he was 2 inches taller and 2 shades darker, nobody would be saying that bullsh!t. The kid is an elite ball player, and has been regarded as one since his Sophomore year in high school.

Advertisement
Wrong in that’s not all bell runs is bubble screens. They play him out of the slot too. I understand you’re going off his highlight but he’s more versatile then x. Restrepo will have a good season and he’s a good receiver people are just comparing him to a rookie of the year receiver and far from basic. Him and Anthony are two play making receivers that both have produced more then x. I hear what you’re saying but bell is legit man. Bell if healthy has a good chance to lead the big ten. I went to MSU’s spring game last year and told people Kenneth walker was going to make some noise looked really good… and what do ya know. Bell gonna have a big year
What exactly does he do that X can't do?
Details.

I just watched his highlights and didn't see him do one single thing that X doesn't already do.
Matter of fact, I saw him get tackled one-on-one in the open field and also get hawked down by a Wisconsin DB.
So it's not like you're talking about some electrifying athlete here.

X is by far the best route runner on the team, and it ain't even close. Probably one of the top in the country.
That's how he makes his living. Always has. He abuses DB's.
And @ just under 200lbs he's basically a RB playing slot.
He's also light years more savvy than any skill player we have on the team.

What struck me about that youtube video is the anticipation TVD has, and the timing of his throws. Him and X are best friends/roommates, so they have a lot of chemistry. I think that's one of the reasons X goes off this year.
His best friend/roommate at QB + new offense + no favoritism + a staff that rewards hard work = his year

This whole narrative of X being an average athlete who just works hard and wills himself into making plays need to stop immediately. If he was 2 inches taller and 2 shades darker, nobody would be saying that bullsh!t. The kid is an elite ball player, and has been regarded as one since his Sophomore year in high school.
Sounds Eerily similar to the Kaaya Berrios situation.... Going to be a big year for X.

Oh idk man Ronnie bell is 10x the athlete and receiver restrepo is. Ronnie is one of the best wr in all of college football and they use him all over the field Bc he has that versatility. Not sure x can do what Ronnie does.
His best season he had 48rec 758yds & 1TD, where’d you get that he’s one of the best in all of college football?

He’s a pretty good Slot WR, I made the parallel because he had his most productivity in Gattis’s offenses & was Michigans leading WR in Gattis’ first year as OC.

Restrepo can do similar things, especially considering we don’t really have a #1 WR yet & the offense will be more centered around balance & control, Restrepo will be a primary target for TVD because he has the most consistent hands among the WR group.

Advertisement
Back