Resting Starters

more dumb comments. dumbest fanbase ever.

The stupidity of some in this fanbase is mind boggling. It’s like they have the football knowledge of a 7-year old.

There are plenty of people whose opinions you should be able to enjoy. Please feel free to use the ignore loser feature if certain posters are not on your level. It will make everyone's experience better. That said, constantly insulting everyone on the board who you feel superior to is not productive for the site as a whole.

I express myself how I see fit.

If you don’t like it, that’s on you.

Please feel free to ignore me.

Advertisement
they would have you believe he somehow broke the opposite ankle b/c he was running funny or overcompensating b/c of his injury to the opposite ankle. not b/c of they way he was tackled and had someone fall on it.

If I read the acc tiebreakers right, head to head record vs the tied teams is the first tiebreaker, which means the vt and uva games are the most important by far. We already beat gt head to head, and duke, unc, and Pitt are too far behind to challenge for the coastal title.

After vt and uva, it looks like divisional games against unc and Pitt are the second most important.

If we rest players, it should be against ND or Syracuse.

they would have you believe he somehow broke the opposite ankle b/c he was running funny or overcompensating b/c of his injury to the opposite ankle. not b/c of they way he was tackled and had someone fall on it.

Yes.

But our genius SF moderator says it was a “compensation” injury caused by not enough rest.

Brilliant.

I wonder what medical school he got his Sports Medicine Orthopaedics surgery degree from.

You don't rest starters....thr margin for error is too small.

Out of tech remaining schedule it's very favorable for them. The game vs then will decide the coastal

Advertisement
If we get up by 3-4 scores, we can rest our starters.. late.

Last edited:
After the Syracuse game, should Richt and co. consider resting some of the starters against UNC? Our team is still pretty banged up from the FSU week and we could really use a break especially since VT and ND are coming up in the following weeks.

UNC is a terrible team and Miami should be able to sleepwalk through that game. If Miami rested some (not all) of its starters I assume we would easily win the game while preparing for VT.

I know teams like Bama and OSU routinely do this so I don't see why Miami couldn't considering our depth at most positions.

Rather than negging you,.. Or calling you (short bus) special..how bout I give you the benefit of the doubt.....tell us who you think we should set out for the game,..AND,.. Who, pray tell,.. Should we replace them with?!?!?!?!

While you scramble to figure that one out....ill patiently await your response!

Out of tech remaining schedule it's very favorable for them. The game vs then will decide the coastal

The underlying philosophy of resting players is that we can lose a game without jeopardizing our ultimate goal which is to win the division and then the conference. Obviously you want to win every game, but as a general, there are times when you have to face reality and make some hard choices.?

Advertisement

The underlying philosophy of resting players is that we can lose a game without jeopardizing our ultimate goal which is to win the division and then the conference. Obviously you want to win every game, but as a general, there are times when you have to face reality and make some hard choices.?

Yeah, but this doesn't really happen in real-world college football. There are too few games and they all count. This isn't the NBA or MLB. You fight it out as hard as you can once a week and that's that.

You don't rest your starters, except maybe at the end of the game if it's a Blowout

adrian, please tell me in what world this has ever happened? what team and in what season did a coach of an undefeated team rest some starters to possibly sacrifice a game to supposedly reach some greater goal?

this might be the dumbest crap I've read on this board in awhile.

Advertisement
adrian, please tell me in what world this has ever happened? what team and in what season did a coach of an undefeated team rest some starters to possibly sacrifice a game to supposedly reach some greater goal?

this might be the dumbest crap I've read on this board in awhile.

Actually, he is arguing that you sacrifice the greater goal (playoff contention), to help assure you achieve the lesser goal (the acc coastal via tie breakers).

This is what a smart general does.

Advertisement
We ain’t good enough to be resting starters from the start of a game..you want to rest players get up by 30 in the 4th Qtr...THEN and only then do you rest starters..

one loss probably doesn't get us in the playoffs. everyone is waiting for us to lose so they can drop us like an anchor in water. we are favored in every game from here on out and have a realistic shot at an undefeated season. but let's take an L so we can rest up for the acccg while we have a shot for an undefeated season.

Advertisement
Back