Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really
Some made the ultimate sacrifice abroad only to return home and continue the battle for freedoms and rights when they returned to segregation and oppression. A Battle that is still being waged against racist like you today.

You disrespecting them more by supporting the very same kind of belief systems of those who killed MILLIONS of brave American soldiers, the *****, racists and genocide.

We ain't gonna lay down player!
You don't even know this guy and you have identified him as a racist!, extremely judgmental, have you ever served in the Armed Services because it is a brotherhood and color doesn't matter especially when you are in combat, you will do anything for your brother or sister. We as nation need to the same as one! RIP Capt Dorn!

Advertisement
Those dudes knew as soon as that ramp dropped it was move or die. God was with them in that day, if they failed we probably would’ve lost the war.
Most historians feel it would have taken a year to mount another assault, but we would still have won (In hindsight, we did beat the Germans to the A-Bomb which was our Ace in the hole). You have to consider that by mid-1944 the best German fighting divisions had been bled-out in fierce fighting in North Africa, up through Italy and all along the Russian front (Where a majority of their divisions were tied-up). At Omaha Beach the German Division defending it was battle-tested but also decimated. They had been sent there for R&R, retraining and to re-equip after being ripped on the Russian Front. There were a lot of conscripted Poles defending that beachhead too, from construction battalions.

D-Day was a brilliant maneuver - first making the Germans think they were going to invade Calls to the North, then catching them during bad weather when they didn't expect it and Western Defenses commander, Erwin Rommel had left for home for a furlough. The fight for the beach was vicious and the Germans then through everything they had during the subsequent Hedgerow fighting to slow them down. I had the good fortune to interview a number of those who were there including a couple of Germans, they had a very interesting perspective. But people sometimes forget there was a lot of war fought before D-Day by hundreds of thousands of other brave Americans (Brits and Russians) which removed dozens of their very best divisions like SS Panzer and Parachute outfits from the battlefield. Guys in the first wave told me when they took the beach there were thousands of 8mm wooden training bullets washed up on the tide the Germans used because they ran out of regular ammunition in the bunkers and couldn't get resupplied.

Most historians feel it would have taken a year to mount another assault, but we would still have won (In hindsight, we did beat the Germans to the A-Bomb which was our Ace in the hole). You have to consider that by mid-1944 the best German fighting divisions had been bled-out in fierce fighting in North Africa, up through Italy and all along the Russian front (Where a majority of their divisions were tied-up). At Omaha Beach the German Division defending it was battle-tested but also decimated. They had been sent there for R&R, retraining and to re-equip after being ripped on the Russian Front. There were a lot of conscripted Poles defending that beachhead too, from construction battalions.

D-Day was a brilliant maneuver - first making the Germans think they were going to invade Calls to the North, then catching them during bad weather when they didn't expect it and Western Defenses commander, Erwin Rommel had left for home for a furlough. The fight for the beach was vicious and the Germans then through everything they had during the subsequent Hedgerow fighting to slow them down. I had the good fortune to interview a number of those who were there including a couple of Germans, they had a very interesting perspective. But people sometimes forget there was a lot of war fought before D-Day by hundreds of thousands of other brave Americans (Brits and Russians) which removed dozens of their very best divisions like SS Panzer and Parachute outfits from the battlefield.
You mention the hedgerows, that was one of my father's stories. He remembers watching a Sherman tank hit one of those hedgerows at full speed and just stop. It tried again with the same result. They were so dense that they were like brick walls that would not give way..

Advertisement

D-Day was a brilliant maneuver - first making the Germans think they were going to invade Calls to the North, then catching them during bad weather when they didn't expect it and Western Defenses commander, Erwin Rommel had left for home for a furlough. The fight for the beach was vicious and the Germans then through everything they had during the subsequent Hedgerow fighting to slow them down. I had the good fortune to interview a number of those who were there including a couple of Germans, they had a very interesting perspective. But people sometimes forget there was a lot of war fought before D-Day by hundreds of thousands of other brave Americans (Brits and Russians) which removed dozens of their very best divisions like SS Panzer and Parachute outfits from the battlefield. Guys in the first wave told me when they took the beach there were thousands of 8mm wooden training bullets washed up on the tide the Germans used because they ran out of regular ammunition in the bunkers and couldn't get resupplied.
The part were we failed a touch was strategic bombing. Granted, that doctrine was in its infancy and they weren't able to turn 8AF loose on those beaches for sustained operations in the days leading up to the landings (weather notwithstanding).

You mention the hedgerows, that was one of my father's stories. He remembers watching a Sherman tank hit one of those hedgerows at full speed and just stop. It tried again with the same result. They were so dense that they were like brick walls that would not give way..

Here's another thing the guys from the 29th Infantry told me - the Germans had smokeless powder (they bought the patent from Winchester in the 1930s). So when they'd open up from a well-concealed spot on the hedgerow line, they were hard to see. As soon as Americans returned fire the Germans would shift fire and zero in on the smoke from the U.S. ammo.

There's a great book a guy found in England before the Invasion it was titled "Hitler's Secret Weapon" in 1942. He purchased a copy and as he's leaving the London bookshop a group comes in, asks if they had copies, the shopkeeper showed them where they were, and they confiscated them all. He let me read it and it claimed Hitler's secret weapon wasn't the V-2, but rather the Reich's Bank - any company that did major business in Germany had to partner up with a German company after Hitler came to power. Germany bought up the Winchester patent, Bausch and Lomb optics, and the Jet engine patents, to name a few. Even during War they honored them.

The part were we failed a touch was strategic bombing. Granted, that doctrine was in its infancy and they weren't able to turn 8AF loose on those beaches for sustained operations in the days leading up to the landings (weather notwithstanding).

The 116 Regimental Combat Team that led the assault onto Dog Green at Omaha was told there would be bomb craters for cover, same with 4th Infantry on Utah beach. Guys I interviewed said they eventually came to them behind the German shore defenses, bombers overshot the beaches. The 9th Air Force had a horrible mistake and dropped on the lead elements of American troops further on in France.

They were a huge concern. As much, or more, than the rock-sand mix on the beaches themselves.

Ike was concerned the tanks would struggle just getting off the beaches.

Advertisement
The 116 Regimental Combat Team that led the assault onto Dog Green at Omaha was told there would be bomb craters for cover, same with 4th Infantry on Utah beach. Guys I interviewed said they eventually came to them behind the German shore defenses, bombers overshot the beaches. The 9th Air Force had a horrible mistake and dropped on the lead elements of American troops further on in France.

Absolutely!

Again I'm being overly harsh because even the CONOPS, let alone doctrine, of strategic bombing (not to mention close air support) wasn't even crayon on a napkin at this point.

As a young one, our commander required all of us to brief on one aspect of Overlord prior to taking a 5 day staff ride through all the key sites.

Truly awesome and humbling experience.

The cemetary at Arromanche is beautiful, elegant, but tough to see row and row.

Last edited:
Man that take **** elsewhere. This thread is about D day... can’t get 5 posts in and your *** comes in race baiting.

Guess who else isn’t going to lay down? The silent majority who is just sitting back... waiting. Make your move big dog...

Oppression? Lol! It’s 2020. Not 1950.
Its not oppression its "oppression" lol so many people are intentionally misguided and misinformed. The masses welcome anything that provides a crutch regardless of the facts. Personal responsibility is a dated ideal to so many today.

Here's another thing the guys from the 29th Infantry told me - the Germans had smokeless powder (they bought the patent from Winchester in the 1930s). So when they'd open up from a well-concealed spot on the hedgerow line, they were hard to see. As soon as Americans returned fire the Germans would shift fire and zero in on the smoke from the U.S. ammo.

There's a great book a guy found in England before the Invasion it was titled "Hitler's Secret Weapon" in 1942. He purchased a copy and as he's leaving the London bookshop a group comes in, asks if they had copies, the shopkeeper showed them where they were, and they confiscated them all. He let me read it and it claimed Hitler's secret weapon wasn't the V-2, but rather the Reich's Bank - any company that did major business in Germany had to partner up with a German company after Hitler came to power. Germany bought up the Winchester patent, Bausch and Lomb optics, and the Jet engine patents, to name a few. Even during War they honored them.
Meanwhile, the Japanese army was building Pratt & Whitney engines which they had built pre-war under license without any consideration. It's a little known fact that Rolls Royce provided more than 50% of the horsepower for WW1 and Pratt & Whitney did the same for WW2. Last I heard P&W were still making spare parts for the Wasp engine.

Please tell me Brother who is forcing people to stay in slums and not progress? Whitey holding you back again? I'm done with being blamed for this BS. Whether it's a white slum or black slum If I had kids I would do anything to get out of them. But they stay for generation after generation. Stop blaming others for some being lazy.

I'm friendly with a great black man on this site, might be the highest paid person here. Great story of how he got out of the hood, He Made It happen. He didn't whine didn't blame anyone else he just did it. I'm so **** proud of him. Stop blaming others It's getting old. Poor people get most everything free even a college education stop with your whining. Nobody is asking you to lay down.

That reads like the prototypical "I'm not racist; my best friend is black" handbook. "I love black people, but they need to...(fill in the redneck blather)" Then, there's always the quoting of the random black person who sold his or her soul to Trump and loves Fox News.

Advertisement
That reads like the prototypical "I'm not racist; my best friend is black" handbook. "I love black people, but they need to...(fill in the redneck blather)" Then, there's always the quoting of the random black person who sold his or her soul to Trump and loves Fox News.
You need a refund.

Always nice to see our great military. Shoutout to all my cane vets.

I don’t do politics so nothing to say there. But I’m all for my fellow veterans.

Salute.

It always makes me laugh a little when folks who never served have such strong opinions about certain things like kneeling or protesting.

I feel like my brothers in arms and I are on one accord with fighting for the rights we have now. Including peoples rights to say and voice different opinions than ours.

That’s just me. We fought for people to express themselves whether we agreed with it or not.

Dope thread on DDay. Learned some new things reading that thanks OP.

Advertisement
@The Franchise that brain dead word salad you just puked out says so much about you, for example reading comprehension is not your strong suit. First in that post it is you who are sucking your fathers dik and are also getting gang banged by the homeless men and farm animals not just your mother. Now this is the only account I have had , the reason why my handle is thinker is because unlike you , I actually think, you should try it some time it's amazing. Getting banned for you is an existential crisis because lets be real this is all you have but for me it wouldn't even be a mild inconvenience. I am done being entertained by you today , you were an excellent clown for me today and I thank you for that but now I have more enjoyable activities planned. Before I go I find it interesting how the left wingers on this site bring politics into everything, if only they would use some of that time and energy for something more productive I wonder what they could accomplish, who knows they may even become so successful that they would be able to take advantage of some of those phantom tax cuts for the rich that they are always complaining about.

Please tell me why so many black people stay in slums for generations and never progress? Who in their right minds would keep having kids and living in slums? Whitey's fault again? I know why the white people do it, they're stupid and lazy. Come on big guy inform us? Trumps fault? Let's get to the heart of the matter. You too motorcane.

Please tell me why so many black people stay in slums for generations and never progress? Who in their right minds would keep having kids and living in slums? Whitey's fault again? I know why the white people do it, they're stupid and lazy. Come on big guy inform us? Trumps fault? Let's get to the heart of the matter. You too motorcane.

Read the book Evicted by Matthew Desmond. It will give you some understanding. I’m fine with having a civilized conversation about this. But your question is a complicated issue that’s not black and white or as simple as you seem to imagine it is.

If the issue were so simple we would have resolved it right?

If it were so easy to get rich everyone would right?

Are you familiar with redlining or gerrymandering?

Last edited:
Read the book Evicted by Matthew Desmond. It will give you some understanding. I’m fine with having a civilized conversation about this. But your question is a complicated issue that’s not black and white or simple as you seem to imagine it is.

If the issue were so simple we would have solved. If it were so easy to get rich everyone would right? Same thing here.

Are you familiar with redlining or gerrymandering?

I don't need to read a book someone I don't know wrote. I have seen it first hand, my father was in charge of a city of 100k people with 5000 low income I know how it works. 40 years of the same crap. It is black and white. There were lazy people who popped out kids for 3 generations while he worked there. I went with him to work many times. They get everything for free that was part of the problem. Almost none of them had fathers around. It wasn't bad schooling either. 4 junior highs, one high school for all second biggest in the USA at the time. I'll be glad to talk about it you can IM me. But this racist **** is out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back