Respect for Rosier

Dghustla

Junior
Let’s show some respect and love to this Kid. It’s gotta be a hard time. I know that he’s taken a lot of blame in our losses and rightfully so. But this kid was never suppose to be an option. That’s on Golden and Co. and Richt and Co. for not going with a true freshman(I guess?).

With that being said he played beyond his ability long enough for us to turn around the program, whiles others jumped shipped for their “NFL Riches”.

Yes he told many fans to shhhh but he had every right to. Just as fans we have every right to booo.

As a Cane who put in work and did just enough to beat FSU. He’s owed our respect becuase that’s what makes us different from these other places who don’t take care of their own.

So maybe you dont have any apprication for Malik as a player but have some apprication for Malik the person and Cane.

Advertisement
Will have a place at the QB legend table for being the first to lead us to the acc title game, a Bcs game for the first time in 15 years, beat FSU for the first time in 6 years and stomped ND. He can show his face around long after he graduates and be proud. Not a lot of players can say that.

The kid plays/played tough and unafraid on the field. I'll always respect that.

Advertisement
He's a man and a true Cane.

Hate on Richt for leaving him out there, or doing the same to Knowles, but I've never understood ripping on a player who is giving it his all.

Rosier, body wise, leaves it all out on the field for the U.

No Ill will toward the kid whatsoever. He is limited and defenses have his limitations figured out. I think he still holds the record for most TDS passing/rushing in a single season. That’s the play calling. Richt Just needs a guy who can complete passes in the 60% range to get this offense moving.

Advertisement
I've been very (sometimes overly) critical of Rosier. Point is, poor recruiting in the prior regime led Malik to be the starter for this team at one point. For Malik, as a QB he can say that he was QB of a team that won the first Coastal division title, 10-win season and ended the FSU streak at Doak in the most savage way possible. He played up to his potential for every game (outside of Pitt). But the time to move on is now.

Advertisement
Malik is always good with me for the FSU game alone. He’s earned the fans respect

Might be the same this year; we'll need Rosier in that game....we haven't seen Nikosi against anyone with a pulse and FSU has great athletes. They will be ready. for us.

Advertisement
He played over his abilities in a lot of games, to them in others. He was as tough running QB as I've seen at Miami. If we're back, he brought us here with that 10-win season and Coastal Title. I'll always remember that pumping up the crowd gesture at FSU before he won that game. That was Canes Classic right there to break that streak.

Now lets see where next up can bring us.

Advertisement
Back