Report: ACC to only play Conference games (Not confirmed by conference)

Advertisement
What a **** show. On the bright side, the further back they push the season in the direction of the NFL draft, the greater the chance that top draft prospects will sit out. I look forward to playing Clemson without Trevor Lawrence at QB in the ACC championship game.

Link to conference games - By week

I count 7 ACC games that will have to be rescheduled.
Clemson 3, UL 2, GT 2, and 7 other teams with one game.
The re-scheduling of this many games will affect our schedule.

Advertisement
So what is the difference of traveling to Virginia to play a conference game and having some in state non conference schools come to Miami? Why not let schools fill their non conference slots with in state schools?
1000% give me UF, UCF, and FIU. If we need another matchup pick USF, FAU, and FAMU our if a hat.

Advertisement
1000% give me UF, UCF, and FIU. If we need another matchup pick USF, FAU, and FAMU our if a hat.

bc its based on conferences not schools. each school is part of a conference and their conference decides. ACC made their statement w no non conf games. same with Pac 12 and B10

Advertisement
Here’s what I don’t get:

what’s the difference a conference only schedule, v. a full schedule? Are these teams still not traveling out of state? Or are they going to have a two sites, only, where games are played to limit traveling?

Said it in another thread, but I would say it’s just to shorten the season for a later start (Oct?), but then it allows the conference to handle the scheduling much easier when you don’t have to deal with the reshuffling of OOC teams. Just my guess tho...

By shortening the season, it allows the teams to delay the season, decreases the variables they need to work with and adds some flexibility for delayed games to be made up within the season.

this is true but are they buying time before they have to make another big decision (ie delay to spring) or are they drawing a line in the sand and are all-in to play this fall?

Said it in another thread, but I would say it’s just to shorten the season for a later start (Oct?), but then it allows the conference to handle the scheduling much easier when you don’t have to deal with the reshuffling of OOC teams. Just my guess tho...

transparency with testing since the NCAA didnt set any sort of standard. some schools will be more transparent than others. w conf schools, you can be uniform in your reqs

Advertisement
this is true but are they buying time before they have to make another big decision (ie delay to spring) or are they drawing a line in the sand and are all-in to play this fall?

they've already talked bout delaying in spring. gene smith is skeptical we even kick in the fall. im hoping we get 8 but likely playing in spring is more realistic

bc its based on conferences not schools. each school is part of a conference and their conference decides. ACC made their statement w no non conf games. same with Pac 12 and B10
That being the case I think best case we get Louisville, BC, Cuse, and maybe ND. I know a lot people want Clemson, but I don’t see any benefit playing them early in the season

That being the case I think best case we get Louisville, BC, Cuse, and maybe ND. I know a lot people want Clemson, but I don’t see any benefit playing them early in the season

not sure we get to choose but if there isnt a bowl season, ACC may want as many high end matchups they can get to increase that tv revenue

Advertisement
Back