Report: ACC to only play Conference games (Not confirmed by conference)

So what is the difference of traveling to Virginia to play a conference game and having some in state non conference schools come to Miami? Why not let schools fill their non conference slots with in state schools?
No difference. It’s all just window dressing. Schools and conferences are like sheep going off a cliff

Advertisement
I can see a situation where all the conferences go with a conference only schedule, but try to agree on a consistent number of games for everyone. Of the power 5, only the Big12 doesn't have 12+.. I'm pretty sure every other conference has 14+

I could really see them all agreeing to do a 10-game, conference only schedule across the board and having the Big12 supplement with independents or a second game against their rival

Anything to justify having a playoff at the end of the season...

Advertisement
Advertisement
So will there be a CFP? A Conference Championship? What’s the end game besides $ in this?

I believe we get the CFP and maximum games to collect the maximum dollars

Can you imagine what it'll be like if they open up conference championship, bowl games and CFP to fans in late December, January after no fans for the first 6/8/10 weeks?

What's the reasoning behind only playing conference games?

Not sure. Maybe they want 2 weeks between each game. This allows for retesting and quarantine and potentially asymptomatic players could play 2 weeks following a positive test result.

Hope for a full season is lost. Hope for a fall season is dwindling. Not sure how I feel about playing in the spring as we might be better off skipping the entire year.

Man....this sux.

Advertisement
But what I’m saying is, how will CFP final four be determined? And wouldn’t this be considered out of conference?

They are not there yet.

Remember the NCAA is basically five fiefdoms “reporting” to a weak patsy whose job it is to keep the money rolling in, and run cover for his most corrupt programs.

So the five kingdoms are already squabbling, a little bit, if you saw the comments being made by the ACC and I believe it was the big 12. on being blindsided.

That’s why we’re not at the point of planning for college football playoffs, no one still quite sure how this is going to work out. They’re already having an emergency in-person SEC meeting either tomorrow or the day after. Not zoom. In person.

In the background, the five kingdoms are going to squabble like little puppies at the teat, And with the weak leader that they have, the dog that yelps the most, yes the SEC, he’s going to get the longest draw at the teat.

Seriously though, I think that’s going to take at least a week maybe more, there’s going to be a lot of back-and-forth I’m guessing between the different conference commissioners with the NCAA mediating, but the situation is fluid

Advertisement
UAB and Wagner (as it relates to miami) wont share their testing details with miami. when you go conf only, you at least have some control there in that each time must make all their testing data available to all other member schools. nothing forces non conf teams to do so. also, member schools can set a testing standard in order to participate.
That is fine if they don't want to, we will gladly pay another in state school to play. Wagner is losing a lot of money by not playing Miami I assume, and would like to think they would be happy to share their results if it could keep the check on their desk. Money fixes a lot of things in college football.

We want Clemson!

Maybe. I live equidistant of Death Valley, Sanford Stadium and Bobby Dodd Stadium. Commissioner, any of those arrangements are fine with me.

Advertisement
Back