Report: ACC to only play Conference games (Not confirmed by conference)

So will there be a CFP? A Conference Championship? What’s the end game besides $ in this?
Ok hear me out... As long as they know what venues the Playoffs will be held at , including the Championship, they can go ahead and start preparing the venues in whatever capacity they need to in order to provide the safest environment possible for the athletes and everyone involved.... Kinda what the NBA is doing in Orlando with the Bubble.... Like I said this can all start happening now....
As far as who gets in the playoffs and such well that's a whole different animal all in itself.... Will they hold conf. championship games?? Will they go back to a "BCS" type thing and just play pick'em??? I dunno...

Advertisement
I don’t know how they are going to assist ND unless they bring them into a division for the year otherwise some teams will be playing 8 vs 9 games. I’m sure Clemson won’t be too happy playing a full conference schedule plus going to ND if others are only playing 8 games.

Who cares what Clemmies think? I don't.

That is fine if they don't want to, we will gladly pay another in state school to play. Wagner is losing a lot of money by not playing Miami I assume, and would like to think they would be happy to share their results if it could keep the check on their desk. Money fixes a lot of things in college football.

once the ACC goes in conf only, we wont have another option. Wagner already said they wont release it to miami regardless. its due to the fact that they cant afford to test their athletes as often as p5s can

Advertisement
I would assume that the following ACC schools would play their rivalry opponent as their plus 1.
FSU can UF
Clemson vs S Car
GT vs UGA
Lou vs Ken

I am thinking Clemson vs ND won’t happen

That will never happen because it makes too much sense. The NC basketball schools UNC, Duke, Wake and NC State have never had non conference rivals, but in football they have always been nationally irrelevant. So Swofford once again will not do what is right for football. But when it comes to NC school Basketball season, everything will be fine.

Advertisement
So what is the difference of traveling to Virginia to play a conference game and having some in state non conference schools come to Miami? Why not let schools fill their non conference slots with in state schools?
I think the goal is as few games as possible. Conference games are more important than Non-conference games.

Advertisement
if this is what it takes, lets do it, i think even though the out of conference travel really makes no sense, it is prob a way for schools to say they are doing something to make it safer. also, if a conference is forced to stop, the other conferences can continue unfettered.

if this is what it takes, lets do it, i think even though the out of conference travel really makes no sense, it is prob a way for schools to say they are doing something to make it safer. also, if a conference is forced to stop, the other conferences can continue unfettered.

All this is doing is giving them more time.

Advertisement
If they're smart, the conferences will play a 10 game schedule, and the winners of every conference will go to the CFP.

They would have to let a G5 team in there to avoid getting cancelled, and so each NY6 bowl gets a game.

1st round BYE:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio St.

Fiesta: 3. Clemson vs 6. Boise St.
Rose: 4. Oklahoma vs 5. Oregon

Peach: 1. Alabama vs 4. Oklahoma
Cotton: 2. Ohio St vs 3. Clemson

Orange: 1. Alabama vs 2. Ohio St.

Edit: this scenario would leave out one NY6 game. Maybe it could be whoever hosted the previous year's 'ship.

6-Team-Single-Seeded.gif

Last edited:
That is fine if they don't want to, we will gladly pay another in state school to play. Wagner is losing a lot of money by not playing Miami I assume, and would like to think they would be happy to share their results if it could keep the check on their desk. Money fixes a lot of things in college football.

Smaller schools—including a lot of FBS schools that aren’t in the P-5–don’t have the money to do extensive covid testing. They might be able to afford to test players once every 7-10 days, whereas P-5 schools want to test every day.

That’s the root of the problem.

They would have to let a G5 team in there to avoid getting cancelled, and so each NY6 bowl gets a game.

1st round BYE:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio St.

Fiesta: 3. Clemson vs 6. Boise St.
Rose: 4. Oklahoma vs 5. Oregon

Peach: 1. Alabama vs 4. Oklahoma
Cotton: 2. Ohio St vs 3. Clemson

Orange: 1. Alabama vs 2. Ohio St.

Edit: this scenario would leave out one NY6 game. Maybe it could be whoever hosted the previous year's 'ship.

6-Team-Single-Seeded.gif

SEC should get at least 2 teams

Advertisement
Back