Report: ACC to only play Conference games (Not confirmed by conference)

Here’s what I don’t get:

What’s the difference of a conference only schedule, v. a full schedule? Are these teams still not traveling out of state or are they going to have two sites, only, where games are played to limit traveling?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here’s what I don’t get:

what’s the difference a conference only schedule, v. a full schedule? Are these teams still not traveling out of state? Or are they going to have a two sites, only, where games are played to limit traveling?

Just buying them more time to start the season. Thats all this does.

If they all opt for conference only, then they should still keep the same number of games but just make it a Conference Battle Royale. 12 game conference battle with all conference champs then playing in a playoff at the end for the NC.

Of course, none of that will happen. They'll play a game. A water boy will catch the bug, and they'll shut it all down till 2049.

That would be sweet.

Not talking about 1 player or just miami some teams could lose 10 to 15 players that may go to draft with seniors and juniors wanting to leave early.if your a senior and have any nfl potential why play a spring season and have to wait another year to be drafted.

oh im not disagreeing with you. i dont think the NCAA gives a ****

Well I disagree with your disagreement. On principle.

E46F00C3-FA29-49A7-BBC5-185C9AFA47D6.gif

Advertisement
Pretty much most P5 schools are going to be basically online, with very limited classroom instruction as it stands right now. Most that I know of have communicated this already.

A properly functioning university, sans the Ivy League, you almost need at least some “classroom“ instruction. You have several graduate, postgraduate, and undergraduate students helping in things like research and so forth, and getting classroom credit for it. That’s just common at every P5 institution. And you have to show at that lab.

every school has to have some classroom instruction (was pre-med in undergrad and it was essentially just labs that required in person instruction). even the Ivies said mostly online i believe. ivies also depend on research more than most schools for funding as well

every school has to have some classroom instruction (was pre-med in undergrad and it was essentially just labs that required in person instruction). even the Ivies said mostly online i believe. ivies also depend on research more than most schools for funding as well

well I was leaving the ivies out, because they sent out a communication, if I’m not mistaken, that all undergraduate classes will be online. So I was just going with what they were saying. But you’re right, I was a science major myself, and so I’m more than aware of helping out and getting classroom credit. Most people that majored for example in chemistry like I did, know that. So I believe there’s always going to be, even if it’s just a handful, there has to be some “classroom instruction”

Advertisement
Here’s what I don’t get:

what’s the difference a conference only schedule, v. a full schedule? Are these teams still not traveling out of state? Or are they going to have a two sites, only, where games are played to limit traveling?

Start late, short and sweet, true conference champ and most importantly they get that $$.

well I was leaving the ivies out, because they sent out a communication, if I’m not mistaken, that all undergraduate classes will be online. So I was just going with what they were saying. But you’re right, I was a science major myself, and so I’m more than aware of helping out and getting classroom credit. Most people that majored for example in chemistry like I did, know that. So I believe there’s always going to be, even if it’s just a handful, there has to be some “classroom instruction”

the way i see it going away is if med schools waive the lab requirement for this upcoming cycle for any students applying. then you just remove the in person model and can pretty much go online. ****, the bar just announced itll be online only in fla with no national portion.

the way i see it going away is if med schools waive the lab requirement for this upcoming cycle for any students applying. then you just remove the in person model and can pretty much go online. ****, the bar just announced itll be online only in fla with no national portion.

That may be possible for premed, but there are still a lot of profs in the sciences doing research that actually count on graduate students and undergraduate students, snagging those credits, while they do some lab work, grunt work, etc, for the professor. It’s pretty much a symbiotic relationship

I mean at that point what is the difference. It’s not a social distance issue. We are talking maybe dozens of students per University maybe a couple of hundred maximum that’s not going to be a pandemic issue because these are the people that are going to be the most careful. So is it possible that they eliminate all those positions, of course it’s possible, but from a safety standpoint it really doesn’t make a whole lot of sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
15 games is too many anyway. Whoever wins the title will likely have gone 11-0.

Advertisement
Back