Remembering the Turnover chain

I wonder what those chains are worth now. My understanding was Manny owned them and that they were valued well into 5 figures At the time.

Advertisement
Manny did a lot for this program as DC under Richt - those defenses were fun to watch and if they had been paired with a competent offense, we could have really made some noise
Especially after dealing with NoDonfrio for several years. Certainly a huge improvement.

I think Manny’s main problem was recruiting.
After Pickne, and Shaq left we had no linebackers. Same with Redwine and Johnson at safety.

Video I caught on X. Thought that years team was really fun and really thought Richt had you guys headed back to the top. Who knows how it would’ve turned out had he canned his son.

It’s crazy cause I view our defense now as way more physical than that team. Would love Redwine at S though mad under rated. And MJ. That looks like a Jv squad in comparison to the size/speed we got now, pause.

Advertisement
It’s crazy cause I view our defense now as way more physical than that team. Would love Redwine at S though mad under rated. And MJ. That looks like a Jv squad in comparison to the size/speed we got now, pause.
Redwine still in league, saw him on cowboys sideline collecting a check.. Dam near 80% of that defense had a cup of coffee in league.. That defense was fun af from top down.. JV or not they held it down

Bringing it out when we were down big was a bad look but **** that **** was cool. Wish they would bring it back.

If only Richt had the following:
DC Diaz
OC Lashlee
But instead Richt had this

giphy (16).gif

Advertisement
Richt was set up to fail. We were still running the program on a shoestring budget. I know Richt got 4M, double Golden. But he had to hire guys like Patke, Rumph and Banda as his coaches with no real staff, plus had to donate his own money to get the indoor practice facility funded. And pre-portal, when kids had to sit a year after transferring, building back a talented roster took many years.

p.s. I yelled turnover chain in the crowd at one of this year's games after an interception and the crowd around me all got a good laugh.
I think the bigger coaching mistakes were on the offensive side. He hired Dugans (trash) Jon (trash) Searles (trash) and his offensive coordinator never called plays so essentially they were paying the RB coach an OC salary. None of those guys could recruit either.

TO chain is just as gimmicky as dIAZ defense
Dont be that guy. I don’t know want to stick up for Diaz but he had the #1 total, #1 YPP and #3 scoring defense this year. He immediately turned our defense around and it was fun as **** to watch and incredibly productive. He’s a very good DC despite what happened against UNC and Clemson, he just couldn’t recruit.

Dont be that guy. I don’t know want to stick up for Diaz but he had the #1 total, #1 YPP and #3 scoring defense this year. He immediately turned our defense around and it was fun as **** to watch and incredibly productive. He’s a very good DC despite what happened against UNC and Clemson, he just couldn’t recruit.
Last year they said Big10 offenses would run all over his defense. This year they said teams would figure his defense out. Manny is a ****** recruiter and I wouldn’t hire him as a head coach but if you give him good players, he produces very good results as a DC.

Advertisement
Just more evidence that, when Miami is even on the relevance radar, the college football world pays attention. The door is there. Let's walk through it.

Started a whole new trend in college football that continues today. You still see teams with some sort of turnover or touchdown object on the sidelines.

What years were Jaquan Johnson there? I remember he was really good there too

Advertisement
Talk about a FUN year!! Omg!

I STILL yell “CHAIN HIM!” when one of our guys gets a turnover. Talk about a ball! Man, if we coulda built on those years. Smh

That night ND game was pinnacle, I was with my boy who a ND fan and his expression throughout the game is something we still joke about.

Need MORE of that soon, I’m running on fumes lol
Ish was like gas, no drink or weed could get me as high as those games. I need that feeling, ****, we ALL need that feeling to come back and stay for a while. We’ve been “patient” but I gotta believe Mario gonna bring in the guys and get the right coaches to where even his game day blunders can’t get in the way…I’m ready! Go Canes

Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
Back