Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

Or one could say he’s learning how to be a head coach on the job. Maybe next time we hire someone that knows how to do it day one?
is that manny’s fault ? It’s not his fault we have an ad that has no business at the position. I posted the day manny was hired it was “ lazy and a typical UM hire, we’ll now have to watch manny learn on the job and make mistakes”.

Advertisement
I applaud Manny for doing everything he can to get better but I'm not forgetting we're two years into his tenure and a large portion of his original staff is gone because they weren't good at their jobs. It's sink or swim time for Manny this season. He needs to significantly get it done or get the **** on.

An assumed contract provision that likely didn't exist at the end of his deal and a hypothetical of Baker not getting a job. Great arguments Mr. Mope. The rest of us will deal with the reality that the defensive staff was massively upgraded for a bargain price.
An assumed provision? It’s a staple in coaching contracts and has been for years if NOt decades. that’s reality genius...if you don’t think baker not getting a job was a realistic outcome in the short term, I guess you’re the only Miami fan who thinks he was a good lb coach or dc

Last edited:
An assumed provision? It’s a staple in coaching contracts and has been for years if NOt decades. that’s reality genius...if you don’t think baker not getting a job was a realistic outcome in the short term, I guess you’re the only Miami fan who thinks he was a good lb coach or dc
The provisions don't extend the entire length of the contract on all contracts. Especially for lower profile assistants.

Advertisement
is that manny’s fault ? It’s not his fault we have an ad that has no business at the position. I posted the day manny was hired it was “ lazy and a typical UM hire, we’ll now have to watch manny learn on the job and make mistakes”.
It's only his fault if he oversold it. Fake it until you make it is your fault when you don't make it. If our AD said, "hey, we know you'll probably fail for a few years until you learn to be a coach, and we are willing to pay for that training, then it's on the AD.

It's only his fault if he oversold it. Fake it until you make it is your fault when you don't make it. If our AD said, "hey, we know you'll probably fail for a few years until you learn to be a coach, and we are willing to pay for that training, then it's on the AD.
No it’s on the ad if he fails, period.

He hired him hours after getting the biggest , luckiest break in ad history. Then went and paid four million for our dc to come back. Blaming manny is blaming the symptom , not the disease.

Last edited:

He hired him hours after getting the biggest , luckiest break in ad history. Then went and paid four million for our dc yo come back. Blaming manny is blaming the symptom , not the disease.

Oklahoma did the same thing with Riley, same with Day at Ohio State, Helton at USC, Mario at Oregon and Dabo at Clemson. Wisconsin went and got Chryst right back.

All those schools hired from within coaches they felt best represented their culture.

All this lazy hire talk is total bull****.

He hired him hours after getting the biggest , luckiest break in ad history. Then went and paid four million for our dc yo come back. Blaming manny is blaming the symptom , not the disease.

Didn’t Blake pretty much learn on the job here as an AD? I mean he was the Director of Athletics at Maine, but we’re talking Maine, who’s football stadium holds less than 9k & is more known for hockey than anything else.

Advertisement
Oklahoma did the same thing with Riley, same with Day at Ohio State, Helton at USC, Dabo at Clemson. Wisconsin went and got Chryst back.

All those schools hired from within coaches they felt best represented their

All this lazy hire talk is total bull****.
Those are failed regimes fella. You don’t hire from within off failed staffs. Randy Shannon ring a bell? That’s apple to apples , you’re using apples to rocks.

It was lazy and foolish. And Blake ****ed off many powerful people with that lunacy. That’s why Blake is married to manny , it’s both their asses at this point. They’re in the rescue boat together.

People just can’t take their L and move on. There’ll be other things to rip manny on but they were proven wrong on this one and need to accept it.

90% of this board said there’d be no changes or maybe a couple but there’s no way he gets rid of his boys. Even though I kept posting the defensive room would look drastically different. Once they get their mind stuck on believing something there’s nothing you can do or say.
Dude part of the problem is a lot of so fla media and former played are ridiculously in the tank for Mario. They think Mario is butch. Manny is never going to get a fair shake from a lot of them

People don’t even listen. After unc manny said he had a heart to heart with e Reed who said this war your cuse 99 game. You know the game wher butch fired his best friend and DC

Those are failed regimes fella. You don’t hire from within off failed staffs. Randy Shannon ring a bell? That’s apple to apples , you’re using apples to rocks.

It was lazy and foolish. And Blake ****ed off many powerful people with that lunacy. That’s why Blake is married to manny , it’s both their asses at this point. They’re in the rescue boat together.

USC, Oregon and Clemson weren’t.

Advertisement

Dabo was a hire off a failed staff. He got 7 games as an interim and went 4-3 but that was enough to get the full time job. He fired an OC early in his tenure. Later than Manny did. Then fired Steele after giving up 70 in the Orange Bowl which just happens to be the field the UNC 62 happened on. If someone is a Manny guy, you point to that and hope Manny is on the same path. Maybe King is his Tajh Boyd, now he has to find a Watson.

If he wanted to hire Diaz he should’ve told him to hold off and wait if he wants this job bad enough. Blake owed that to Miami if he’s doing his job correctly. You see who’s interested or reached out. Then interview. Manny punked his ***, he told him “ once I get on the plane I’m out”. So Blake jumped a few hours later and offered him the job, paid four million to get our dc back. Boosters were shocked and ****ed , one especially. Blake 100 percent is guilty of malpractice with how he handled the process. It’s a clown show at the top.

Advertisement

He hired him hours after getting the biggest , luckiest break in ad history. Then went and paid four million for our dc to come back. Blaming manny is blaming the symptom , not the disease.
Many is blameless in his failings? Wow, I wish I could find a job where I can be completely incompetent and not be held at all accountable. Politics aside.

Dabo was a hire off a failed staff. He got 7 games as an interim and went 4-3 but that was enough to get the full time job. He fired an OC early in his tenure. Later than Manny did. Then fired Steele after giving up 70 in the Orange Bowl which just happens to be the field the UNC 62 happened on. If someone is a Manny guy, you point to that and hope Manny is on the same path. Maybe King is his Tajh Boyd, now he has to find a Watson.
You’re playing the one in a billion example dude, I can’t stand this example. Just like the Sabam lost ULM and went 6-6 lol.

The point is you don’t hire a dc from a failed staff hours after you got the luckiest break of a career. Not one of the schools listed did that gourd later. You interview people , reach out to see who’s interested and have a process. Then hire manny if he’s the best one for the job. It’s job malpractice , if you can’t see that I don’t know what else to say.

Oregon had a coach leave and take another job, that’s not a failed regime. Usc is a horrible example. Just look at their mess. So we’re back at the old Clemson example lol. The one I a billion example people run to, just like saban lost to ULM. Gotta love it.
77CCB777-F18D-4927-9C7D-528368EA2D72.jpeg
FSU making an awful hire doesn’t make Taggart’s time successful. Oregon hired from a failed regime.

Many is blameless in his failings? Wow, I wish I could find a job where I can be completely incompetent and not be held at all accountable. Politics aside.
Who said he’s blameless ? You just have a homer for dude and are blaming him for being hired , I’m the guy arguing with one twit defending him and arguing with others it was a bad hiring process. Im not in my feelings like some , I can’t have an open mind and base opinion off of fact. Manny has been bashed nonstop for two years by whackos on here with Blake getting very little. He’s the disease , not manny or coach L.

Advertisement
Back