Remember when Manny was too stubborn?

79D78C8C-700D-45F2-A45C-29FAB77340A3.gif

Advertisement
Considering Manny hasn’t made it to the ACC title game yet, your dissertation is a complete miss.
2019 lost multiple games where we favored by at least 2 touchdowns. Something that hadn’t been done in like 40 years.

2020 beat everyone we were supposed to.

Call it lipstick on a pig all you want to.

Of course...it would be unreasonable to expect him to be a professional about it and make big boy decisions that he’s paid millions for. Can you imagine any top 10 hc wasting all this time and effort playing games with his staff instead of just doing it and moving the program forward?

Lmao.

Manny was never ever too stubborn. That whole thing about him being attached at the hip to his assistants because they did everything together was just made up nonsense by moderators elsewhere with an agenda.

Manny has always been **** bent on winning. He’s made mistakes but acted quickly to adjust and correct. He’s about to put out the best staff Miami has had in years and includes only 1 of his D guys, Patke. He recognized after 2 seasons the structure on defense wasn’t close to good enough and he adjusted.

Advertisement
You are playing checkers with these simpleton thoughts. You do realize he pushed both out door and instead of firing them and costing us close to a million or more he's putting that money back to work with analyst hires and a new LB coach.

Would you prefer we fire everyone and be in 26 million budget deficit like FSU?

I swear some of yall don't have the business sense to run a goldfish game at the county fair.
So he’s saving us a little of the money that he wasted to begin with as they are his hires, and for this the man is CEO of the year. Financial genius. Yes, better than throwing more into the hole, but you all seem to forget who dug that hole.

So he’s saving us a little of the money that he wasted to begin with as they are his hires, and for this the man is CEO of the year. Financial genius. Yes, better than throwing more into the hole, but you all seem to forget who dug that hole.
Wow youre right he shouldve just a hired a championship staff from the start. Wow youre so smart. Foh.

Manny was never ever too stubborn. That whole thing about him being attached at the hip to his assistants because they did everything together was just made up nonsense by moderators elsewhere with an agenda.

Manny has always been **** bent on winning. He’s made mistakes but acted quickly to adjust and correct. He’s about to put out the best staff Miami has had in years and includes only 1 of his D guys, Patke. He recognized after 2 seasons the structure on defense wasn’t close to good enough and he adjusted.
@Cribby is always right about this. People forgot he has coached wifh two respected long time head coaches who fell apart.

Advertisement

Great post.

It’s kinda like politics , people are so stuck in their ways they’ll believe anything that goes in line with their agenda. No matter if there’s no proof or evidence of it. Just like the whole cooney is controlling the wr room, in an off field recruiting position lol. People believe he’s telling coordinators and the wr coaches what lineups to play. Why? Just more reason to hate on the staff , people like their own echo chamber. One guy says it and it becomes a thing.

Im not a slurper or a mope, I speak on what I know and give opinion based off that. I’ll defend manny when I feel it’s deserved and will rip him when it’s deserved. You can find an equal amount of posts on both sides.

I still don’t know if manny is the guy but he continues to learn and tries to fix his wrongs. Even to the point of going after big names to be on staff while being shredded for “ not firing his boys”. Just because they wasn’t removed as fast as some would like. He’s not against changing things , his ego isn’t too big and he’s not protecting his boys. The guy is just trying to keep his dream job.

You are playing checkers with these simpleton thoughts. You do realize he pushed both out door and instead of firing them and costing us close to a million or more he's putting that money back to work with analyst hires and a new LB coach.

I swear some of yall don't have the business sense to run a goldfish game at the county fair.
People just can’t take their L and move on. There’ll be other things to rip manny on but they were proven wrong on this one and need to accept it.

90% of this board said there’d be no changes or maybe a couple but there’s no way he gets rid of his boys. Even though I kept posting the defensive room would look drastically different. Once they get their mind stuck on believing something there’s nothing you can do or say.

Last edited:

Don’t short change the rinse and repeat posters on CIS parroting their own bull**** in every thread

Advertisement

I guess you don’t realize that even if we did fire them, they are contractually obligated to look for a comparable job and any future salary mitigates, or even eliminates, what Miami would have to pay them....so if that was his plan as you guys say, he chose a handshake agreement with baker instead of the contract that was signed, and both required baker to seek employment elsewhere, but only one guaranteed he wouldn’t be on the staff anymore. so in reality, what would we have done if baker couldn’t have Gotten another job? We would just be stuck with them Because manny wants to do him a solid?

Last edited:
I guess you don’t realize that even if we did fire them, they are contractually obligated to look for a comparable job and any future salary mitigates, or even eliminates, what Miami would have to pay them....so if that was his plan as you guys say, he chose a handshake agreement with baker instead of the contract that was signed, and both required baker to seek employment elsewhere, but only one guaranteed he wouldn’t be on the staff anymore. so in reality, what would we have done if baker couldn’t have Gotten another job? We would just be stuck with them Because manny wants to do him a solid?

An assumed contract provision that likely didn't exist at the end of his deal and a hypothetical of Baker not getting a job. Great arguments Mr. Mope. The rest of us will deal with the reality that the defensive staff was massively upgraded for a bargain price.

Advertisement
Time, availability of good replacement dc’s, the likelihood of us Having some decent options...it also increases the likelihood of Miami having to pay a buyout for someone

You do realize that Manny has been trying to find the right DC this entire time, right? If one of his targets had accepted the job, the mostly likely scenario would have been Baker being shown the door.

And we just avoided having to pay Baker a buyout, so I don't see the big deal with risking having to pay one out.

Great post.

It’s kinda like politics , people are so stuck in their ways they’ll believe anything that goes in line with their agenda. No matter if there’s no proof or evidence of it. Just like the whole cooney is controlling the wr room, in an off field recruiting position lol. People believe he’s telling coordinators and the wr coaches what lineups to play. Why? Just more reason to hate on the staff , people like their own echo chamber. One guy says it and it becomes a thing.

Im not a slurper or a mope, I speak on what I know and give opinion based off that. I’ll defend manny when I feel it’s deserved and will rip him when it’s deserved. You can find an equal amount of posts on both sides.

I still don’t know if manny is the guy but he continues to learn and tries to fix his wrongs. Even to the point of going after big names to be on staff while being shredded for “ not firing his boys”. Just because they wasn’t removed as fast as some would like. He’s not against changing things , his ego isn’t too big and he’s not protecting his boys. The guy is just trying to keep his dream job.
Or one could say he’s learning how to be a head coach on the job. Maybe next time we hire someone that knows how to do it day one?

Advertisement
Back