Rematch with Florida in the Orange Bowl?

Logic doesn’t matter to the Bowl Comittees. If it’s a Miami/UF versus a Miami/aTm matchup, we’ll play the gayturds 10 outta 10 times if they had to pick. Too much money to pass up on.
I would agree on that but the orange bowl doesn't necessarily get a selection committee for who they want similar to the Music City bowl or Pinstripe bowl.. They get who fits the criteria (Top ACC not in playoff and top SEC/Big10 not in playoff)

Boils down to is it the top ranked team or is it the team that essentially finished 2nd by losing the SECCG?

Advertisement
I would agree on that but the orange bowl doesn't necessarily get a selection committee for who they want similar to the Music City bowl or Pinstripe bowl.. They get who fits the criteria (Top ACC not in playoff and top SEC/Big10 not in playoff)

Boils down to is it the top ranked team or is it the team that essentially finished 2nd by losing the SECCG?
What’s complicating everything is ND. They usually are independent but since they’re ACC this year I don’t know if they both will be selected for the playoff. Clemson wins and I think a 1 loss ND is still CFP bound

What’s complicating everything is ND. They usually are independent but since they’re ACC this year I don’t know if they both will be selected for the playoff. Clemson wins and I think a 1 loss ND is still CFP bound
Should be. It'll be interesting. A 1 loss ND that went to their conference championship, a 1 loss A&M that didn't, or an undefeated OSU that plays nobody and hasn't played half the games of the other teams..

I think A&M loses a 2nd game to UF if they made the SECCG and they don't deserve the Alabama rematch in the 1st round as a 4 seed. That game was never close. I think ND (even with a large loss to Clemson) would have the 3rd best resume. 4th comes down to A&M or OSU and you know they'll go OSU

Sugar Bowl is part of the CFP this year. Highest ranked $EC team not in the CFP gets pushed to the OB. That's likely TAMU. However, it's 2020 so.... 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Rather Alabama lose and two SEC teams make the playoffs with OSU, than ACuCk one year rental. ****, I might even prefer 3 SEC teams and Clemson.

Resume? Resume?

I think the ACC would be willing to give ND the ACC spot in the OB, and the OB committee will also give ND the reserved ND spot, so the Orange Bowl will just be half the ND team playing the other half of the ND team. Swofford will then allow ND to keep all the bowl money, fart in his face, and then return to cuckolding him and the ACC as an independent that gets to be a member whenever they find it convenient.

Why doesn't anyone think the loser of the ACCCG will be pushed to #5 and become the highest ranked ACC team not in the playoff to take our spot?

Advertisement
Why doesn't anyone think the loser of the ACCCG will be pushed to #5 and become the highest ranked ACC team not in the playoff to take our spot?

I think it's entirely possible which is why my final four is Bama, Clemson, OSU, and TAMU. It's a travesty that OSU gets in without playing anything remotely resembling a full schedule, but I long ago gave up believing that NCAA or playoff committee have any interest in merit. On the bright side, no UF or ND and there is a 0.0% chance OSU would actually win the NC with that slate of teams. So I'll take that.

If Clemson loses they will but a 1 loss ND is getting into the CFP.

Absolutely not. Miami’s defenses typically struggle against power running teams. Plus their defense is **** good. Much rather face UF.

With a walk on QB? F's defense didn't have much issue slowing UGA's offense. You really think UF has a better D than Miami?

Advertisement
Miami vs UGA would be a good game too
tenor.gif

Will NEVER forget Marquis Williams running through our defense and flashing an upside down U.

Complete the revenge tour and embarrass those Tarholes.
I was at that game, and I was spitting nails buddy.................... the N. Carolina fans nearby said "don't do that it may come back to bite us".
They need to be bit.........revenge on those Tarholes....we have some unfinished business.......

Advertisement
I think it's entirely possible which is why my final four is Bama, Clemson, OSU, and TAMU. It's a travesty that OSU gets in without playing anything remotely resembling a full schedule, but I long ago gave up believing that NCAA or playoff committee have any interest in merit. On the bright side, no UF or ND and there is a 0.0% chance OSU would actually win the NC with that slate of teams. So I'll take that.
I agree with pretty much all of this.

I think you'll see this.
1) Clemson or ND
2) Bama or UF (if UF wins SEC)
3) OSU
4) Bama (if they lose to UF)/Texas A&M if Bama Wins
5) Loser of Clemson/ND

1 and 2 are locks. I think they'll look at OSU as an undefeated team that won their Conference Championship (assuming they change the rules like rumored) and assume they would have won all the other games they should have played.
Then spot #4 comes down to the SECCG and two possibilities:
* a 1-loss Bama (obvious choice) that lost to UF
* or choice between a 1-loss A&M team that played a full slate of $EC teams (you know the committee will overrate the $EC). Versus a 1-loss ACC team.

BTW, I think on one of the talking head shows I saw this weekend, the guy noted what an utter f#cking embarrassment it would be for the ACC to allow ND to waltz in for a year, win the conference title, then go back to being an independent holding the ACC championship. That would be like Brett Hart leaving the WWE for the WCW with the WWE championship belt. We all know what happened in Montreal. The cynic in me says that the ACC brass will make it crystal clear to the refs that ND cannot, under any circumstances, win the game and leave with the belt.

Letting ND win would cause more long term damage to the conference's reputation than any possible benefit of letting ND in the conference this year. Next year, or the year after that, lets say there is an ACC championship matchup between two undefeated ACC teams and ND is sitting with one loss just outside the top 4. The two ACC teams go into quadruple overtime and one wins by a FG. Instead of getting in two ACC teams, the playoff committee without a doubt would say, "well ND beat everyone in that conference anyways" and they get the nod from now on. It was such a short sighted, self destructive decision. I don't know if the ACC brass has a fiduciary duty to the conference members, but I can't see how destroying the conference's reputation is considered good stewardship.

Very possible. Probably guaranteed if ND wins. If ND loses you're comparing 1 loss A&M that didn't go to their conf championship game with 1 loss ND that did and has a win against the #1 team in America at the time.

A&M should be no higher than 4 if they do make it and then you're looking at a rematch with Alabama who stomped them. Nobody wants to see that again.

The other argument is going to surround OSU and the amount of games they play and their pathetic resume. They're lucky Indiana has been solid. I have a feeling they're not going to penalize OSU and the Big 10 the way they should.

Advertisement
Back