Rematch with Florida in the Orange Bowl?

Twin_Cane

Legend

F02FB7CA-5241-4C86-868A-D3DCA5D7D2D8.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
UNC is kind of a poor man's UF. High scoring offense with a crappy defense.

Definitely. UNC is a lot more balanced, too. Howell is actually averaging more YPA than Trask, but he's thrown the ball 24 times less in the same amount of games. And UF has a had a lot more blowouts than UNC.

Williams for UNC has 134 carries and Carter has 132. Howell is 3rd on the team with 76.

Nobody on UFs team has more than 85 carries. Their 3 backs have a combined 182 carries, the UNC backs have combined for 266. And Howell has the 76 I mentioned, Trask only has 39.

So we have to be prepared for the ground game just as much as Howell.

UNC has ballers at the skill positions offensively. Going to be a great game Saturday.

Advertisement
A win over the gators would be an amazing finish to this season, put us top 5 in the preseason polls for next season, give us a boost for tje 2022 class and put us as the #1 team in Florida.
If our defense rebounds from the mid season slump I like our chances and it would be a good game, the only if is whether our NFL hopefuls would play (Roche, Phillips, Brevin, Williams, Bolden, Harris. Not making a comment if they should go pro or not), we have seen some high profile kids dip before bowls, but no reason to be concern about that atm

That would be about as good a year as we can ask for tbh. This team wasn't winning the natty but an orange bowl winning 1 loss season would be incredible & honestly ahead of schedule. I think we are moving in the right direction. I think were gonna throttle UNC btw.

UNC is kind of a poor man's UF. High scoring offense with a crappy defense.
Nice analysis and very true! If we take care of UNC it should give us a good road map on how to beat the gata. One thing I’ll say for sure if this happens is I fully expect opt outs of UFs best offense players if they lose the sec championship game. I expect Pitts and Toney to be gone. Which of course bodes well for us I’m this match up.

Advertisement
Assuming the following happen:
1. Miami wins out (10-1)
2. Clemson beats ND and both go to the playoff
3. Alabama beats UF in the SECCG

The orange bowl is usually the top ACC and SEC team outside of the playoff.. in that scenario I don't see how we wouldn't play Texas A&M. They're already ranked higher than UF, beat UF, and if they take another loss they will like be ranked behind us (even if it is to Alabama). The caveat is Florida made the SECCG and A&M did not and how that shakes out the selection.

I think UF/Miami is the best TV and rating matchup but logically it should be A&M. I think writers are just getting hyped about the possible matchup being a rivalry.

Either way it is a great opportunity for us. Both huge headliner games.

1. Miami wins out (10-1)

The orange bowl is usually the top ACC and SEC team outside of the playoff.. in that scenario I don't see how we wouldn't play Texas A&M. They're already ranked higher than UF, beat UF, and if they take another loss they will like be ranked behind us (even if it is to Alabama). The caveat is Florida made the SECCG and A&M did not and how that shakes out the selection.

I think UF/Miami is the best TV and rating matchup but logically it should be A&M. I think writers are just getting hyped about the possible matchup being a rivalry.

I think you wrong on this. The highest ranked sec team that doesn’t make the playoff goes to the sugar bowl. Texas A&M will play in New Orleans. That leaves the gate for us.

I think you wrong on this. The highest ranked sec team that doesn’t make the playoff goes to the sugar bowl. Texas A&M will play in New Orleans. That leaves the gate for us.
Now that would make sense for us to get UF but this is off of the sec website:

• Orange (ACC vs. highest ranked SEC/Big Ten non-champion or Notre Dame when Orange is not a semifinal game)

Advertisement
1. Miami wins out (10-1)

Logic doesn’t matter to the Bowl Comittees. If it’s a Miami/UF versus a Miami/aTm matchup, we’ll play the gayturds 10 outta 10 times if they had to pick. Too much money to pass up on.

Now that would make sense for us to get UF but this is off of the sec website:

• Orange (ACC vs. highest ranked SEC/Big Ten non-champion or Notre Dame when Orange is not a semifinal game)
Huh, could be. I always thought the sec first contract was always with the sugar bowl for the highest ranked team that didn’t make the playoff.

Huh, could be. I always thought the sec first contract was always with the sugar bowl for the highest ranked team that didn’t make the playoff.
That why i had been just rolling with the UF projections until i looked into it. I guess it comes down to the weight of the rankings vs who played in the championship game.

In 2019 the Sugar Bowl did get UGA who played in the SECCG and was 5th vs the OB getting UF ranked 9th... makes no sense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back