REGRESSION

He’s playing in an offense that doesn’t play to his strengths or the receivers. He’s obviously uncomfortable.

What I saw last night was Enos lite. Enos at least had an excuse with JW at qb and true Fr all over the Ol.
The question is .... Is this the type of offense Mario wants. All answers so far point to yes.

Advertisement
Ohio State's offense
Ohio State could run ANYTHING and win. They've been recruiting at a high level for years. You could run the flexbone at Ohio State right now and win games, because their talent is that overwhelming. It also doesn't hurt that in their conference, there are maybe 2 teams that could match them athlete wise, MAYBE.

Advertisement
How does TVD get right? Is Ponce supposed to be the mastermind of this passing game? If so, what are we doing? My concern going to this offense is having to come back from any substantial scoring deficit. If we don’t have the schemes or receivers to effectively move the ball in a short amount of time (two minute drill) we’ll see the same thing.
Yo maybe I missed it during the game, or maybe they didn't show it, but does anyone know if Ponce was talking to TVD and coaching him up? Last year you'd see Lashlee talking to TVD when the D was on

I don’t blame the coaching one bit. They kept us in the game.. we don’t have the level of talent needed to win these games and the execution was beyond poor.

Advertisement
What I don't understand is why can't a OC adapt his playbook for the personal he has instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? He saw what he had in spring. Adapt!

What I don't understand is why can't a OC adapt his playbook for the personal he has instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? He saw what he had in spring. Adapt!

Sucks we didn't get Dorsey or Brady as OC. I think we would have completely obliterated TAMU last night, even with the roster as-is. Might go down as one of the biggest "what-ifs" in the history of UM football, right next to landing Amari Cooper or Butch Davis staying with the team.

Lol, corches gon corch?! I think requirement to corch is say good things in media and just do what you want irregardless of players abilities

Advertisement
Gattis definitely needs more tempo, hurry up, Arroyo and Skinner involvement, and creativity in the red zone.

TVD is having some issues that aren’t solely associated with Gattis. If TVD is an NFL ready QB then he should be able to perform in this offense with the amount of time he is receiving from the Oline.

Gattis should contour the offense to TVD’s strengths but having to do so speaks to TVD’s deficiencies.
Hmmm…interesting. And yet, you think I have “ulterior motives” for posting very similar thoughts. Lol.

Are you kidding?

The win was literally there for the taking.
No I’m not kidding I don’t blame play calling or coaching on the lack of execution dropped balls fumble and missed field goals. Go canes and have a nice day.

Advertisement
No I’m not kidding I don’t blame play calling or coaching on the lack of execution dropped balls fumble and missed field goals. Go canes and have a nice day.
That’s not what I was referring to.

You literally said this:
“we don’t have the level of talent needed to win these games”

^That’s the part where I thought you must be joking. The game was entirely winnable.

That’s not what I was referring to.

You literally said this:
“we don’t have the level of talent needed to win these games”

^That’s the part where I thought you must be joking. The game was entirely winnable.
Cool have a great Sunday. Go canes

TVD is uncomfortable taking the next steps to becoming an elite QB. Quickly processing and reading defenses. The WR is atrocious. Below average.

Gattis has problems too, but there were plays to be made and the players failed. Parrish’s drop was an easy first down, maybe a touchdown. Ladson whiffed a block that would have been a big gain by Brashard. Some deep shots could have been had but TVD doesn’t look off the safety.

OL and running game looked good, but where the **** was Thad?

And a question? Who is the assistant WR coach, an equivalent to Jason Taylor working with the DEs? Is there anyone? Not a HOF, but anyone?

6tudux.jpg

Advertisement
Back