Regional weather

Advertisement
Gonna be a close call, even at 10AM. 8PM Advisory for Tropical Storm ALEX:
(Tropical Storm WATCH NOW in effect)
1654214930099.png

"ALEX" RODRIGUEZ PARK will be a bit damp, ofc Canes should weather any storm!

Advertisement
So is ESPN plus the only option? Really don’t want to sign up for that to watch a couple games. Any good free links?

Friday's games have been postponed to tomorrow, Saturday. Game 1 starts at 12 noon and second game starts 55 minutes after Game 1 ends.

Advertisement
Friday's games have been postponed to tomorrow, Saturday. Game 1 starts at 12 noon and second game starts 55 minutes after Game 1 ends.

That won’t happen either. The regional will start Sunday and we better hope we go 3-0 because if not, you’re gonna have one tired pitching staff by Tuesday night.

Probably gonna have to start Sunday with 3 games, then 2 on Monday/Tuesday, if that’s even possible with this weather.

Or just change the format.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That won’t happen either. The regional will start Sunday and we better hope we go 3-0 because if not, you’re gonna have one tired pitching staff by Tuesday night.
Looks that way. Forces us to start Ligon vs Canisius IMO, otherwise, he and Palm couldn't be our 1 and 2 in a Super if we advance.

Advertisement
This aged well. Would love to see @Angry Ibis post after a loss one time.
It aged fine. Two things can exist at the same time. Coming back from the losers bracket was going to be tough for any team. And we didn’t do it. The other thing, people will ***** and cry at the earliest sign of trouble. It happened.

You seem happy we lost.

Running to the board to celebrate losses or to ***** about them isn’t exciting to me. Actually the majority of the conversation here isn’t exciting to me on the baseball board and I watch baseball every day. For as much as many of the posters know about the game, it could be a lot more engaging substantively.

The bullpen folded and the offense left runners in scoring position that would have extended the lead, tied the game or put us in a better position to win. Can’t have that combination in any series, especially a short one with a pitching staff that appears to have hit a wall in the last quarter of the season.

It aged fine. Two things can exist at the same time. Coming back from the losers bracket was going to be tough for any team. And we didn’t do it. The other thing, people will ***** and cry at the earliest sign of trouble. It happened.

You seem happy we lost.

Running to the board to celebrate losses or to ***** about them isn’t exciting to me. Actually the majority of the conversation here isn’t exciting to me on the baseball board and I watch baseball every day. For as much as many of the posters know about the game, it could be a lot more engaging substantively.

The bullpen folded and the offense left runners in scoring position that would have extended the lead, tied the game or put us in a better position to win. Can’t have that combination in any series, especially a short one with a pitching staff that appears to have hit a wall in the last quarter of the season.
One of the standard responses from 15-0 is “you’re happy we lost”. People don’t spend hundreds of hours watching games and posting on the board while hoping that we lose. That’s crazy talk.

The other mindset is the more troubling one. “Just support the team”, “quit being so negative”. That mindset is what got us the last 20 years of football and baseball. “We’re fine!!”

One of the standard responses from 15-0 is “you’re happy we lost”. People don’t spend hundreds of hours watching games and posting on the board while hoping that we lose. That’s crazy talk.

The other mindset is the more troubling one. “Just support the team”, “quit being so negative”. That mindset is what got us the last 20 years of football and baseball. “We’re fine!!”
When you're quick to say "I told you so", it gives that impression. We're all with you about the disappointment and the criticism of DiMare, we just don't necessarily advertise it.

When you're quick to say "I told you so", it gives that impression. We're all with you about the disappointment and the criticism of DiMare, we just don't necessarily advertise it.

If I’m going to get called out in March for being so stupid to call out the coach of the #1 team in the country, I’m going to remind those people what we knew all along.

Advertisement
Back