Regional weather

I can't imagine Ole Miss and Arizona would stand by and allow our game to go at 10:00 AM with the next two full days expected to get rained out before they play their game. We would have a huge advantage if that happened.

It's not their choice. The NCAA on-site official would have the final say, and if there's a window to play on Fri/Sat I'm sure they'll try

Advertisement
It's not their choice. The NCAA on-site official would have the final say, and if there's a window to play on Fri/Sat I'm sure they'll try
Yes, I am aware that Ole Miss and Arizona don't set the game times in the Coral Gables Regional. The NCAA will at least consider the fairness of the situation if it looks like 48 straight hours of rain.

I can't imagine Ole Miss and Arizona would stand by and allow our game to go at 10:00 AM with the next two full days expected to get rained out before they play their game. We would have a huge advantage if that happened.
If they feel so strongly about it, I'd advise Arizona/Ole Miss to (next time) be a 1 seed. Victor, spoils, yada yada.

It makes most sense to get as many games in as soon as possible - "fair" or not. A game played on Friday is one that won't have to be played on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yes, I am aware that Ole Miss and Arizona don't set the game times in the Coral Gables Regional. The NCAA will at least consider the fairness of the situation if it looks like 48 straight hours of rain.
Get games in whenever you can, the goal is to actually play out the regional, I'm sure OM/AZ would prefer that than just advancing us based on an entirely rained out weekend.

They're already whining all over Twitter about that possibility.

Conversely though, how fair would it be to Miami to play CG regional Sunday through Tuesday win three straight games and have no ace for Saturday's game one of the super regional?

Advertisement

WTF could they do? We are the first game. The tourney starts with the first scheduled game. The NCAA dictates the schedule, not UM. You try to play the tournament, one game at a time, as best you can. "Stand by?" Lol. They can stand on their heads but it won't mean anything. Starting the tourney early to expand the window to get the games in is completely logical.

If they don't like it, they are welcome to try to win more games next year and host their own regionals and play in game 1, if they can predict what the world will be like on that day a year from now. But neither team will object anyway as it's a dumb take. You play.

Huge advantage? Possibly so. But nothing is sure until it's sure. We could lose a sloppy rain-soaked game with fluke weather related errors and the skies could part for two hours for a tight and clean 2-0 win for someone in game 2.

Play ball.

Advertisement
WTF could they do? We are the first game. The tourney starts with the first scheduled game. The NCAA dictates the schedule, not UM. You try to play the tournament, one game at a time, as best you can. "Stand by?" Lol. They can stand on their heads but it won't mean anything. Starting the tourney early to expand the window to get the games in is completely logical.

If they don't like it, they are welcome to try to win more games next year and host their own regionals and play in game 1, if they can predict what the world will be like on that day a year from now. But neither team will object anyway as it's a dumb take. You play.

Huge advantage? Possibly so. But nothing is sure until it's sure. We could lose a sloppy rain-soaked game with fluke weather related errors and the skies could part for two hours for a tight and clean 2-0 win for someone in game 2.

Play ball.
Dumb take, like pairing Texas Tech with TCU and Notre Dame with Louisville?

Dumb take, like pairing Texas Tech with TCU and Notre Dame with Louisville?

Yes, exactly! :LOL:

See your mistake is that you think you are normal. You assume that everyone else would be as traumatized and defensive as you get if they wrote something incorrect on an anonymous message board (even more anonymous for you, with all your different banned user names lol). Nope, it's just you, Francis.

But I am glad your thin-skinned napoleonic little brain was finally able to admit that you wrote something dumb, even if you did it accidentally.

Welcome to humanity.

Now if you can admit to the other 93 dumb af things you've written on here you might reach marginal human status.

Odds: +11,000

Yes, exactly! :LOL:

See your mistake is that you think you are normal. You assume that everyone else would be as traumatized and defensive as you get if they wrote something incorrect on an anonymous message board (even more anonymous for you, with all your different banned user names lol). Nope, it's just you, Francis.

But I am glad your thin-skinned napoleonic little brain was finally able to admit that you wrote something dumb, even if you did it accidentally.

Welcome to humanity.

Now if you can admit to the other 93 dumb af things you've written on here you might reach marginal human status.

Odds: +11,000

Good, so we can move on now that you have a 3rd grader's understanding of how postseason seeding works.

Waxing or waning moon? Understand we have Canisius tomorrow at noon but want to be prepared for our night game(s).

Advertisement
Good, so we can move on now that you have a 3rd grader's understanding of how postseason seeding works.

Man, deflect, twist, move the goalposts, ignore reality, ignore the point, lie, whatever it takes for you to survive yourself, buddy. I'm all good either way.

Also you just got toasted again here:

Run!

Guitar Dancing GIF by Nickelodeon

Man, deflect, twist, move the goalposts, ignore reality, ignore the point, lie, whatever it takes for you to survive yourself, buddy. I'm all good either way.

Also you just got toasted again here:

Run!

Guitar Dancing GIF by Nickelodeon

I have him on ignore for the sake of board chemistry. So I don't know what kind of nonsense he posted. Just remember, you're agreeing with the guy who claimed that Duke went on a Super Regional run because they won the ACCT, even though those two events happened two years apart. And he's the guy who thinks that ERA is skewed if you throw fewer innings. That's the guy you're aligning with. And it fits perfectly.

I have him on ignore for the sake of board chemistry. So I don't know what kind of nonsense he posted. Just remember, you're agreeing with the guy who claimed that Duke went on a Super Regional run because they won the ACCT, even though those two events happened two years apart. And he's the guy who thinks that ERA is skewed if you throw fewer innings. That's the guy you're aligning with. And it fits perfectly.

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

Suuuuuure you do. Says the guy who's been banned from here 80 times. LOL. See you just hung yourself. if you don't like someone, or if they've embarrassed you, according to you by definition what they write next is logically incorrect. It makes you a fool. Do you not understand that?

Here, let me help you. Spoiler, its going to hurt:

@Number1CanesFan wrote:

You are correct on geography as a priority, but incorrect in seeding beyond 16. We all know the top 16 seeds are seeded nationally. The committee does try to keep teams within a region as a priority. We've played UF and other Florida schools in regionals when they have qualified. We would have had UF in our regional if they weren't hosting.

The committee puts teams into the 16 regional geography buckets, There will be teams that get moved for several reasons such as same conference, too many teams in their closest region, or no team in their region.

ND had no close region to play in. Their closest region would have bumped some other team that was closer to the host than ND.

UCLA and Arizona's closest geographic hosts are Stanford and Oregon State, but could not be placed there as conference opponents.

So, all the remaing teams that had no region or pushed out of a region had to go somewhere and here's where the committee ranks them. They didn't just draw from a hat. You know this because you have ND going to #16 Georgia Southern and UCLA going to #14 Auburn and Arizona going to #7 Miami. ND was higher ranked, better RPI than the other 2. UCLA finished with a better conference record and won 2 of 3 against Arizona even though Arizona had the better RPI. So, these teams are in an lower or higher seeded regional based on how the committee ranked them.

You also have a ranking and seeding of the lower seeded teams. This is why Canisius is in Miami and not in Maryland which is much closer. You have Hofstra, Army and Long Island all less than 20 miles apart with Canisius in the same state. They weren't just randomly thrown into other regions.

Hofstra RPI 117 --> #10
Long Island RPI 135 --> #15
Army RPI 154 --> #11
Canisius RPI 169 --> #7

So, Miami with the better seed, got the weakest of the #4 seeded teams in the Northeast.

Hofstra is the outlier here as they were sent to #10 and not #15, given they have a better RPI than Long Island. The reason they're in the #10 regional is because they lost 3 of 4 head to head games to Long Island. Clearly there was some type of ranking going on here. It wasn't randomly chosen.

So, the teams are selected by geography. They are also seeded within each regional 1-4 and the remaining teams not fitting are seeded which is why we see them all over the country playing teams based on some seeding rank.

What is unclear is how the committee ranks the teams in the initial regional buckets. They either put teams into regional buckets an then rank them or they rank all 64 teams, but place them geographically. In either case there is a ranking with geography in play.

We can also hypothesize. For example, If Miami were the #1 seed, and Florida was #17 followed by UCF at #18, I'm certain the committee wouldn't have them playing in our #1 region just to keep geography making UF a #2 seed and UCF (they're not in - hypothetical) a #3 seed. They would send them elsewhere as both being #2 seeds or maybe keep UCF at #2, but definitely not both. So, clearly there is a ranking of the teams to assign a seed to be placed geographically.

This should clear the air on whether teams outside of the top 16 get ranked and seeded. I've proved that the committee ranks them. We just don't know their formula as it relates to geography.

Advertisement
That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

Suuuuuure you do. Says the guy who's been banned from here 80 times. LOL. Here, let me help you. Spoiler, its going to hurt:

@Number1CanesFan wrote:

You are correct on geography as a priority, but incorrect in seeding beyond 16. We all know the top 16 seeds are seeded nationally. The committee does try to keep teams within a region as a priority. We've played UF and other Florida schools in regionals when they have qualified. We would have had UF in our regional if they weren't hosting.

The committee puts teams into the 16 regional geography buckets, There will be teams that get moved for several reasons such as same conference, too many teams in their closest region, or no team in their region.

ND had no close region to play in. Their closest region would have bumped some other team that was closer to the host than ND.

UCLA and Arizona's closest geographic hosts are Stanford and Oregon State, but could not be placed there as conference opponents.

So, all the remaing teams that had no region or pushed out of a region had to go somewhere and here's where the committee ranks them. They didn't just draw from a hat. You know this because you have ND going to #16 Georgia Southern and UCLA going to #14 Auburn and Arizona going to #7 Miami. ND was higher ranked, better RPI than the other 2. UCLA finished with a better conference record and won 2 of 3 against Arizona even though Arizona had the better RPI. So, these teams are in an lower or higher seeded regional based on how the committee ranked them.

You also have a ranking and seeding of the lower seeded teams. This is why Canisius is in Miami and not in Maryland which is much closer. You have Hofstra, Army and Long Island all less than 20 miles apart with Canisius in the same state. They weren't just randomly thrown into other regions.

Hofstra RPI 117 --> #10
Long Island RPI 135 --> #15
Army RPI 154 --> #11
Canisius RPI 169 --> #7

So, Miami with the better seed, got the weakest of the #4 seeded teams in the Northeast.

Hofstra is the outlier here as they were sent to #10 and not #15, given they have a better RPI than Long Island. The reason they're in the #10 regional is because they lost 3 of 4 head to head games to Long Island. Clearly there was some type of ranking going on here. It wasn't randomly chosen.

So, the teams are selected by geography. They are also seeded within each regional 1-4 and the remaining teams not fitting are seeded which is why we see them all over the country playing teams based on some seeding rank.

What is unclear is how the committee ranks the teams in the initial regional buckets. They either put teams into regional buckets an then rank them or they rank all 64 teams, but place them geographically. In either case there is a ranking with geography in play.

We can also hypothesize. For example, If Miami were the #1 seed, and Florida was #17 followed by UCF at #18, I'm certain the committee wouldn't have them playing in our #1 region just to keep geography making UF a #2 seed and UCF (they're not in - hypothetical) a #3 seed. They would send them elsewhere as both being #2 seeds or maybe keep UCF at #2, but definitely not both. So, clearly there is a ranking of the teams to assign a seed to be placed geographically.

This should clear the air on whether teams outside of the top 16 get ranked and seeded. I've proved that the committee ranks them. We just don't know their formula as it relates to geography.
The mods can confirm. Shrug.

Geez, that was easy to blow up. The worst #4 in the entire field is Coppin State. And they are in the regional with the #8 seed.

That's how easy it is to dismiss anything you guys write.

Geez, that was easy to blow up. The worst #4 in the entire field is Coppin State. And they are in the regional with the #8 seed.

That's how easy it is to dismiss anything you guys write.ts
Didn't I say that geography was a priority? I think I said it several times in my post and made it clear. You choose to ignore facts.

Oh, and how is Coppin State the #4 team and not the #2 team in their regional? Random?

Advertisement
Back