Regional weather

Advertisement
McFarlane should get a surprise start against Canisius if we're serious about trying to win. Worst case scenario is he lasts 3 or 4 innings. If he suceeds then we found another starter to round things out.

Idk I'd rather have him available to start game 3 personally.

If we can't beat Canisus with Garland/Ligon + bullpen arms, we aren't winning the regional anyways. We should never lose to a MAAC school

Advertisement
Idk I'd rather have him available to start game 3 personally.

If we can't beat Canisus with Garland/Ligon + bullpen arms, we aren't winning the regional anyways. We should never lose to a MAAC school
Assuming Rosario is going to take the mound at some point, why not start him Friday against the weakest team? I know you risk taxing your bullpen, but I don't want to see Rosario on the mound against Ole Miss or Zona.

Rosario got lit up by Towson. I wouldn't trust him vs Belen right now, much less in a regional
I wouldn't either, but this staff seems **** bent on continuing to put him out there, so might as well minimize the damage he can cause. Maybe he can squeak out 5 innings if we can get some runs on the board.

Hmmmm

Attachments

• 03426B5E-1D6B-4330-8878-F32CF110609B.png
    03426B5E-1D6B-4330-8878-F32CF110609B.png
    528.7 KB · Views: 57
Advertisement
Assuming Rosario is going to take the mound at some point, why not start him Friday against the weakest team? I know you risk taxing your bullpen, but I don't want to see Rosario on the mound against Ole Miss or Zona.
Canisius won't win the regional but they will do everything they can to win G1, and they supposedly have a decent ace - pass on Rosario and his body language.

If they start G1 some time Friday or Sat, it will probably be a bullpen game anyway. So, get 3 - 4 innings from Ligon or Jake, hope we take a decent lead and have them available again for a few innings Mon - Tuesday.

Canisius won't win the regional but they will do everything they can to win G1, and they supposedly have a decent ace - pass on Rosario and his body language.

If they start G1 some time Friday or Sat, it will probably be a bullpen game anyway. So, get 3 - 4 innings from Ligon or Jake, hope we take a decent lead and have them available again for a few innings Mon - Tuesday.
This is what gets me about him too. Struggling on the mound isn’t fun… can only imagine how tough it is when you were as highly rated as he was. But that weird body language he has on the mound is cringeworthy and like what someone else has said… I think it fuels the other team to jump all over him. I believe this post season is make or break for him and his career in coral gables

Weather not withstanding, does anyone know what time the Saturday winners bracket game is scheduled for? Or have a legit guess based on past regionals? Thx.

Weather not withstanding, does anyone know what time the Saturday winners bracket game is scheduled for? Or have a legit guess based on past regionals? Thx.
Winners bracket game is at 7. We chose early game tomorrow. I’m interested to see if it’s raining hard at nine or 10 AM tomorrow whether they make a decision on the entire tournament

Advertisement
Looks the the best window to get a game in manana is 9 am to 1 pm. I can’t see how any games get played on Saturday but who knows with SF weather

Advertisement
Anyone know what kind of bullpens Ole Miss and Arizona have? This regional may come down to the pens and who can outslug the other team, w depleted arms and 20 - 25 MPH winds out of the SE.
I don't know, but I think a lot of starter arms are going to get burned with just a few innings pitched and long delays in between where they can't return.

It's going to be a mess unless we get lucky. They'll try to get games in whenever there's a window of opportunity. Late nights and early mornings. Whomever winds up in the losers bracket is going to deplete their entire pitching staff.

The U has had I think 24 Regionals , and pretty sure it has rained in so many of them… they are not moving from Coral Gables… not happening ever. They will finish on Monday or whatever it takes..
There was one I remember, I think it was the one right after Fraser retired where we **** the bed and lost to The Citadel......similar setup with a messy tropical wave impacting the area the entire weekend, it was like pulling teeth getting that one done.

It is too bad the Marlins are on a home stand, otherwise maybe we could beg and plead with them to let us use the stadium. I'm not sure what can be done about it, because if the weather adheres to the forecast, it could be pretty bad. Like 10 inches of rain in Coral Gables bad (no exaggeration, that's what NWS is saying).

Maybe it'll bust and the weather will hold off enough to get the games in. Sometimes that happens.

I can't imagine Ole Miss and Arizona would stand by and allow our game to go at 10:00 AM with the next two full days expected to get rained out before they play their game. We would have a huge advantage if that happened.

Advertisement
Back