REGGIE WHITE

Advertisement
I've watched HS FB in Fl since 1976....
In all those yrs I've never seen anything like Willie Williams....Absolutely unstoppable

Randall wasn’t a good passer early on , he just used his legs. He improved towards the end of his time in philly.

Minnesota is when it all came together , but his arm talent was second to none. And honestly he never had good coaching in his time at philly. It was corch central....Ray Rhodes, Rich Kotite and Buddy. Buddy was ok but he hated offense lol.

That D is still the most violent I’ve ever seen , they hurt multiple QBs some weeks. Mixed with the ****** turf the vet was the most feared place to play.

Any real Philly fan knows that its customary to spit or hawk a noogee after saying Richie K's name .....hope you followed through.

Talk about someone totally out of his element. Worst Pro coach EVER

Advertisement
Coaches a HS in Chattanooga now. Have had the opportunity to meet him many times and he’s got some incredible stories and insight. One of the all time greats no doubt.

Hmmmm.........You do realize that Reggie died in 2004??

He's a lot greater than just being the GOAT DE and belongs in Bible scriptures IF he's pulling that off:eek:

Last edited:
Erik Williams, the OT that played next to Allen for a few years, used to give White problems at times - before the car accident.

After the accident, he wasn't the same.
Yup
Erik had a mean streak to say the least
Those cowboy lines were tough in early 90s
White and brown dominated late 80s before the car crash and before Jimmie got the Dallas dynasty going

I remember Tony Boselli taking Bruce Smith to task in the NFL playoffs in 1996. Was a classic matchup of two primo bulls just locking horns for a full football game. We had Clyde Simmons on defense guy was a stud for the Jaguars when he played here. Unfortunately not a ton of Canes on the team over the years. We drafted Romberg if I recall (or he was a UDFA) and have Linder now of course. Otherwise I can’t think of a Cane we drafted or had play up here in North Florida. The ownership always goes for Noles or Gators due to the local love fest for those 2 hated teams here.

Advertisement
Yeah I was going to mention Deacon Jones, but I never seen him play & wasn't even alive when he was playing lol

All I know of him is what I seen on NFL films, but you right he was arguably the greatest ever at DE, Bruce Smith is up there too.

Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas & Kevin Greene are the 3 greatest OLB/Rush Ends in NFL history imo.
Derrick Thomas (S.FLA) was pure speed of the edge. Another one lost at an early age.

Clearly one of the best DEs to have played the game.

Don't recall if he ever took reps on the inside at Tennessee or in the pros, but he would've been nasty on the inside, too.

Not too bad when you have him and Jerome Brown on the same DL - can't remember who the others were, but I think Buddy Ryan was the HC of the Eagles at the time, so the other ones were probably solid, too.
Mike golic was there as well

Advertisement
Hmmmm.........You do realize that Reggie died in 2004??

He's a lot greater than just being the GOAT DE and belongs in Bible scriptures IF he's pulling that off:eek:

Wow. Lmao. I feel like a dumbass. I thought it was that Reggie white the entire time. I was only 12 or so in 2004. I guess I wasn’t old enough to remember him playing or know of him when he died. To my defense this Reggie White also played in the NFL and being in Chattanooga I guess I tried to put 2 and 2 together and failed terribly

Wow. Lmao. I feel like a dumbass. I thought it was that Reggie white the entire time. I was only 12 or so in 2004. I guess I wasn’t old enough to remember him playing or know of him when he died. To my defense this Reggie White also played in the NFL and being in Chattanooga I guess I tried to put 2 and 2 together and failed terribly

No problem

BTW just between us....sometimes I see dead people too

Advertisement
It’s a helluva statement to say Reggie was the best DE ever to do it in the League, but damnit imma say it: Reggie was the best.

Reggie threw 300+ pound professional OTs to the ground with ONE ARM. And they all knew it was coming and still got rag dolled.

I lived in Chi Town for several years in the 90s and saw James Big Cat Williams coming out of a store. The largest human being I have ever seen in my life. And as the clips shows, Reggie threw his *** to the side just like the rest.

Reggie was the best.

It’s a helluva statement to say Reggie was the best DE ever to do it in the League, but damnit imma say it: Reggie was the best.

Reggie threw 300+ pound professional OTs to the ground with ONE ARM. And they all knew it was coming and still got rag dolled.

I lived in Chi Town for several years in the 90s and saw James Big Cat Williams coming out of a store. The largest human being I have ever seen in my life. And as the clips shows, Reggie threw his *** to the side just like the rest.

Reggie was the best.

Nothing wrong with saying it, it’s true.

I remember hearing years ago that we recruited him seriously and that he had some serious interest. I heard this quite a few years after the recruitment. I heard this story from a booster back in the '80's or '90's. He came out of HS during a time when boosters were allowed to get involved in recruiting, including contacting players, writing them letters, sitting with them at meals, etc.

Advertisement
Back