REGGIE WHITE

Best DL I’ve ever watched , his prime years was just insane to watch. Dude could dominate inside or out and had surprising quickness for his size.

As a eagles fan I got to watch some unreal defenses , just brutal for opposing offenses. I just wish we could’ve had Jerome for those years.

How did this team, which also had Randell Cunningham at QB, ever lose a game?

Advertisement
How did this team, which also had Randell Cunningham at QB, ever lose a game?

Randall wasn’t a good passer early on , he just used his legs. He improved towards the end of his time in philly.

Minnesota is when it all came together , but his arm talent was second to none. And honestly he never had good coaching in his time at philly. It was corch central....Ray Rhodes, Rich Kotite and Buddy. Buddy was ok but he hated offense lol.

That D is still the most violent I’ve ever seen , they hurt multiple QBs some weeks. Mixed with the ****** turf the vet was the most feared place to play.

Reggie White is the greatest DE in NFL history imo, some would argue LT (but I consider him as a OLB even though they basically did the same thing in terrorizing the QB lol).

Just pure natural strength & he wasn't just strong, he was country strong, one of the only DLineman I've ever seen go toe to toe with Larry Allen & hold his own.

He was a phenomenal pass rusher & probably one of the best people ever in the league, Reggie was a better person off the field than he was on & that's a really high standard because on the field he was legendary.

I wasn't a Packers fan but I loved watching Reggie White play & he'll forever be connected to the Canes family for having to be the one on that fateful day to announce Jerome's death to the world, incredibly sad but God couldn't have picked a better man to do it.

#RIPReggieWhite

Imma have to go w The Deacon. We still don’t know exactly how many sacks he has since they didn’t consider tackling a QB a sack until like 82.

As a Bears fan I despised Reggie, but as a football purist, I loved him. He should’ve been a Cane, but we know y he didn’t become one. Regardless, he’s top 2 and he’s arguably interchangeable w Deacon as far as best DE ever, regardless. LT is a rush OLB, so while I have him in my top 5 pass rusher, I can’t put him as a DE.

Advertisement
Imma have to go w The Deacon. We still don’t know exactly how many sacks he has since they didn’t consider tackling a QB a sack until like 82.

As a Bears fan I despised Reggie, but as a football purist, I loved him. He should’ve been a Cane, but we know y he didn’t become one. Regardless, he’s top 2 and he’s arguably interchangeable w Deacon as far as best DE ever, regardless. LT is a rush OLB, so while I have him in my top 5 pass rusher, I can’t put him as a DE.
Yeah I was going to mention Deacon Jones, but I never seen him play & wasn't even alive when he was playing lol

All I know of him is what I seen on NFL films, but you right he was arguably the greatest ever at DE, Bruce Smith is up there too.

Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas & Kevin Greene are the 3 greatest OLB/Rush Ends in NFL history imo.

Reggie White is the greatest DE in NFL history imo, some would argue LT (but I consider him as a OLB even though they basically did the same thing in terrorizing the QB lol).

Just pure natural strength & he wasn't just strong, he was country strong, one of the only DLineman I've ever seen go toe to toe with Larry Allen & hold his own.

He was a phenomenal pass rusher & probably one of the best people ever in the league, Reggie was a better person off the field than he was on & that's a really high standard because on the field he was legendary.

I wasn't a Packers fan but I loved watching Reggie White play & he'll forever be connected to the Canes family for having to be the one on that fateful day to announce Jerome's death to the world, incredibly sad but God couldn't have picked a better man to do it.

#RIPReggieWhite
White and Bruce Smith. I feel like Smith doesn’t get the credit he should as a legend. I personally have never seen anyone better at his peak. White was close and had longevity, but Peak Bruce Smith took the Bills to four straight SBs.

Yeah I was going to mention Deacon Jones, but I never seen him play & wasn't even alive when he was playing lol

All I know of him is what I seen on NFL films, but you right he was arguably the greatest ever at DE, Bruce Smith is up there too.

Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas & Kevin Greene are the 3 greatest OLB/Rush Ends in NFL history imo.
Thomas was amazing. i remember him at Alabama. Never saw a better OLB in college.

Advertisement

Facts; I never seen Deacon play either, but so fortunate to have seen Reggie, Bruce, and Julius. But from every old head I’ve spoken to, and the films I’ve seen, I gotta put Deacon up there on that pedestal. He was way ahead of his time and the sole reason you can’t slap an OL in the helmet today. Lol.

Can’t go wrong w ur OLB list. I remember KG on the Rams when they were in LA and he was a man among boys. When they paired him w Greg Lloyd in Pitt, he was on another level. Speaking of GL, we forget how dominating of a LB he was due to his productive career being cut short from injuries, but for 5 yrs, he was arguably the best LB in football.

Coaches a HS in Chattanooga now. Have had the opportunity to meet him many times and he’s got some incredible stories and insight. One of the all time greats no doubt.

Advertisement

Deacon is from Orlando (Eatonville)....know lots of older folks here that remember him well....

I know he was an olb in the nfl, but ted hendricks should be mentioned here if LT, DT and others are. Has an award named for him at de in cfb and went to HOF in nfl as lb.

Last edited:
Advertisement

#RIPReggieWhite

Rev. Reggie got screwed over by the PC police for peacing his faith

He redefined the position before LT...
Was a OLB/DE with the Colts....More DE with the Raiders...

Ted was decades before his time. Today he would be making monster money. They had to invent the position for him. He was the only player Jimmy the Greek would give one point to whatever team he was on.

Advertisement
Back