REGGIE WHITE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Yup
Erik had a mean streak to say the least
Those cowboy lines were tough in early 90s
White and brown dominated late 80s before the car crash and before Jimmie got the Dallas dynasty going
Those Cowboy lines had our old OL coach, Tony Wise.

On YOUTUBE I believe....
Watched it. Destroyed people.

Watch the new commit, Phillips, from UCLA...in his HS highlights he just swats people down with one hand.

Who was that great RB from Miami who got in trouble wherever he went? Many say he was best in Dade history. Can't find video anywhere. Maybe played at Miami Springs but I can't remember his name or school.

When I was in HS in early to mid-60's almost nobody lifted weights. If you did, it was voluntary.

Friends who played at UM in late '60's said it was the same there.

I actually remember some HS coaches frowning on it because they thought bulky muscles slowed you down and made you less flexible.

Erik Williams, the OT that played next to Allen for a few years, used to give White problems at times - before the car accident.

After the accident, he wasn't the same.
Erik Williams was the most dominating OT I ever saw before his car accident, and yes he did win most of his battles with Reggie White. Williams would wrap his arms up before the game, and then use them as clubs on the helmets of opposing DL. He is the reason they changed the rule. I also remember him road grading Bruce Smith in a couple of superbowls. I don't believe Reggie Whites quick punch would be legal either today. The game was a little nastier back then.

Advertisement
Randall wasn’t a good passer early on , he just used his legs. He improved towards the end of his time in philly.

Minnesota is when it all came together , but his arm talent was second to none. And honestly he never had good coaching in his time at philly. It was corch central....Ray Rhodes, Rich Kotite and Buddy. Buddy was ok but he hated offense lol.

That D is still the most violent I’ve ever seen , they hurt multiple QBs some weeks. Mixed with the ****** turf the vet was the most feared place to play.
The vet turf was nasty living players had playing there.

Advertisement
Back