Regardless of who is the HC for 2022....Portal

In the entire universe - if you have a business that generates between $100,000,000 and $160,000,000 - you feed it. You nurture it. You maintain it at every level as this is a valuable asset.

All other endeavors at the university are NOT self-supporting - and it would take unbelievable levels of sheer stupidity to continue to siphon off these revenues rather than put those revenues back into the business - and create even more revenue.

But not here. Blood sucking academia can't discern what an asset is - can't conceive of how a big business actually works - and just want to bleed the only University duck laying the golden eggs.

Hire a country boy. He may have a southern drawl - but he knows how to run things that make that kind of money. I know more "uneducated" millionaires than I could name in one sit-down.

Funny how the "educated" can be so damned stupid.

And wasteful.

Advertisement
Whoever is coach for next season, they're gonna need to ride the portal like Zorro so we can have a successful season.

I would only bring in quality this recruiting season, and then drag in a flood of portal kids to fill out the roster and most notably in the LB room and the OL room.

Thank God for the portal! It actually gives me a little hope that we can start winning again next year.
Show me the money.

In the entire universe - if you have a business that generates between $100,000,000 and $160,000,000 - you feed it. You nurture it. You maintain it at every level as this is a valuable asset.

All other endeavors at the university are NOT self-supporting - and it would take unbelievable levels of sheer stupidity to continue to siphon off these revenues rather than put those revenues back into the business - and create even more revenue.

But not here. Blood sucking academia can't discern what an asset is - can't conceive of how a big business actually works - and just want to bleed the only University duck laying the golden eggs.

Hire a country boy. He may have a southern drawl - but he knows how to run things that make that kind of money. I know more "uneducated" millionaires than I could name in one sit-down.

Funny how the "educated" can be so damned stupid.

And wasteful.
I know it’s wild they’re running this university like a school.

Advertisement
The DL is better this year with less talent. I think he is a good coach.

They gave up 4.5 per rush last year, 3.99 per rush this year. Issues have been perimeter tackling the most.

I think the obvious positions for added portal players would be:

TE
DL
LB
CB
We have zero pass rush which in turn requires blitzing way too much which exposes holes against both the pass and run.

DE has been a ******* joke this season.

We‘ll see who we lose. Not much from the Senior class. LB needs HELP and otherwise, I’d just take ballers that want to come and not overthink it. We aren’t good enough anywhere except maybe RB and WR to turn down a proven starter.

Advertisement
angry office GIF
Our next staff at the portal..

I recently read an article on The Athletic about Mel Tucker and how he built his Michigan State team through the portal.

They approached the portal like an NFL team approach free agency, they even have a department whose only job was to check film on every portal player.

Miami should go ALL-IN on this next year: just take a lot of kids with 2/3 years of eligibility left and maybe 1/2 grad transfers.

ahhh the mystery of jess simpson
for someone who has done so little and is so mediocre at half his job (recruiting)
is for some reason treated like a coaching savant here
its something that I will never understand

Because he is being compared to the greenhorn HS staff we have had so far

Advertisement
Sillier than bandy going to the league? Remember a coaching change or turmoil lends itself to mass exodus. Ivey rique and couch leave you got Clarke dunson Curtis. That’s it. Need massive portal help and a class of 22 Corners
This guy has barely learned to tackle is there a league that welcomes that.maybe he goes but it wont be the nfl

Advertisement
We have zero pass rush which in turn requires blitzing way too much which exposes holes against both the pass and run.

DE has been a ******* joke this season.
Yeah. DL in general. Not really a surprise that Manny’s best season at DC was when he had a very disruptive DL across the board

There should be 30+ new players in 2022. The only way to do this right is to start over again clean. If you are 4 or more years out of HS then get to stepping. The incoming HC should demand these departures:

QB King, Matocha
RB Harris
WR Harley, Rambo, Wiggins, Pope
TE Mallory
OT Williams, Oluwaseun, Hillery
OG Donaldson, Scaife, Reed, Traore
C Gaynor, Griffith
DE McCloud, Johnson
DT Silvera, Ford, Miller
LB Frierson, Carter, Jennings, Steed
DB Bolden, Hall, Blades, Ivey
Lol basically the entire o line 🤣. Although I completely understand your perspective I think we'd need to keep some of them simply to have a 2nd team let alone s scout team.

Gonna need via portal: 4 o lineman, 2 d ends, 2 linebackers, 1 receiver, 2 corners, 1 running back. We'll be lucky to finish with 10-15 total high school recruits the way things are headed this season so even with the low number of 10 plus twelve portal kids and minimizing transfers of key young talent we may have a chance to be respectable next year with adequate coaching.

I recently read an article on The Athletic about Mel Tucker and how he built his Michigan State team through the portal.

They approached the portal like an NFL team approach free agency, they even have a department whose only job was to check film on every portal player.

Miami should go ALL-IN on this next year: just take a lot of kids with 2/3 years of eligibility left and maybe 1/2 grad transfers.

They are not truly ahead of the game on that.

I think we have been ahead on the portal thing and have coaches directly for that purpose as well.

MSU couldnt recruit that well and lost alot of transfers themselves...so that was the way they had to go...i think we need to be similar because of our recruiting class expecting to be sub par.

Advertisement
Back