Regardless of who is the HC for 2022....Portal

Advertisement
They are not truly ahead of the game on that.

I think we have been ahead on the portal thing and have coaches directly for that purpose as well.

MSU couldnt recruit that well and lost alot of transfers themselves...so that was the way they had to go...i think we need to be similar because of our recruiting class expecting to be sub par.
I think we are going to have a big number of kids transferring out too.

I think we are going to have a big number of kids transferring out too.
Yeah no doubt. Pope Wiggins brooks are the easy ones. I could see Reed and Campbell. Frierson if he stays in college. I’m just praying no class of 2020 and 2021 kids. Redding and worsham also. Hodges. All guesses

Yeah no doubt. Pope Wiggins brooks are the easy ones. I could see Reed and Campbell. Frierson if he stays in college. I’m just praying no class of 2020 and 2021 kids. Redding and worsham also. Hodges. All guesses
Why would campbell transfer and he could be a starter next year?

i like many on her thought bringing back Simpson was a great idea but after watching the DL drills all year long and him not correcting any obvious mistakes during the drills except for shanking his head in disbelieve we need a teacher with some energy and passion to train the talent we do have

Advertisement
Whoever is coach for next season, they're gonna need to ride the portal like Zorro so we can have a successful season.

I would only bring in quality this recruiting season, and then drag in a flood of portal kids to fill out the roster and most notably in the LB room and the OL room.

Thank God for the portal! It actually gives me a little hope that we can start winning again next year.
Yea MSU and a few others are a model. I think regardless of what happened this year it was bound to be a staple for us going forward.

Whoever is coach for next season, they're gonna need to ride the portal like Zorro so we can have a successful season.

I would only bring in quality this recruiting season, and then drag in a flood of portal kids to fill out the roster and most notably in the LB room and the OL room.

Thank God for the portal! It actually gives me a little hope that we can start winning again next year.
Until them, current staff needs to stay away from taking any kids.

I know it’s wild they’re running this university like a school.

Alabama runs their university like a school - but they're also making money hand-over-fist as their Football Team is generating one big, buttload of revenue.

And the free publicity for the University? They can't BUY that kind of name recognition!

Nick Saban and crew don't COST that university one, single penny!

He and his coaching staff earns THAT and lots and lots more.

Advertisement
Portal needs for 2022 (imo):

- QB; I’m not sold on TVD or Garcia

- WR; For the first time a long time we actually have a group of young burgeoning WR’s & the future looks bright, but even with that said, our best WR’s with the exception of Ahmmon Richards have all been transfers (JT4, KJ Osborn & Rambo), I think we should take another vet wide out to help bolster the young guns next year.

- TE; Big fan of Arroyo & Brantley upside, Mammarelli is still a question mark having been injured for seemingly his entire time at Miami & with the regression of Mallory we definitely could use a legit portal TE.

- OL; The OLine remains broken & the lack of development is alarming. Need an infusion of plug & play talent at all 5 spots, not impressed with any of’em.

- DE; Definitely need a legit pass rusher to pair with Harvey, but more importantly need a DLine coach actually worth a ****. I was against rehiring Jess this year because he’s a lackluster recruiter, but on top of that has been an average coach as well IMO. Despite him being a fan favorite, the DLine has been *** this year imo.

- LB; I mean does anything need to be said? Again, the lack of development has been alarming.

- CB; There’s some workable talent in the room with Couch & Clarke & we’ll see what we have with Malik Curtis. A lot will depend on if Stevenson decides to leave or not, I think he should stay another year but who knows how that goes. But I would still bring in another Corner for insurance, we could always use another solid consistent cover Corner, as of right now we have a lot of question marks in the CB room.
Aren’t teams limited to just 7 portal players?

Advertisement
Back