Redwine talks move to safety

I hope Carter takes over for Redwine sooner than later. That being said, whatever puts us in a better sitchy to beat FSU I'm ALL IN.

Advertisement
I hope Carter takes over for Redwine sooner than later. That being said, whatever puts us in a better sitchy to beat FSU I'm ALL IN.

Carter is a ss and redwine fs.

We need whomever can tackle the best in this system. Redwine doesn't have the COMBINE 4.5 speed to play sideline to sideline ala Jenkins. He's being moved for depth so he can backup at CB or S. I like Redwine as a team player that loves the U but he's not a difference maker. Carter has way to much talent not to start. He reminds me of Kenny Phillips with a Deon Bush attitude.

Carter is a ss and redwine fs.

We need whomever can tackle the best in this system. Redwine doesn't have the COMBINE 4.5 speed to play sideline to sideline ala Jenkins. He's being moved for depth so he can backup at CB or S. I like Redwine as a team player that loves the U but he's not a difference maker. Carter has way to much talent not to start. He reminds me of Kenny Phillips with a Deon Bush attitude.

You dont have to have 4.5 speed at safety. It is nice to have but being a 4.6 guy is good enough. You bring up speed but then mention carter. Carter isnt fast. Redwine is probably faster than him. Redwine is also a good tackler is very physical for a cb.

Advertisement
I remember when somebody called this and yall said Michael Jackson was moving to CB

Michael Jackson was always a CB. He was talked about as moving to S this Spring but it looks like Redwine is the kid thatll move.

According to a CIS insider, there was a bet between the coaches, and that bet led to Jackson being moved to Safety and Redwine remaining at CB. Supposedly, the loser of the bet got stuck with Jackson at Safety. Looks like that turned out to be bogus info.

If Redwine and JJ are 1's, and Carter and Knowles are 2's, where is Romeo Finley? :frown:

I think his future is at linebacker. He has great closing speed and likes to hit but doesn't have the fluidity of the other four.

If Finley is less fluid than Knowles, then he'll likely be a backup forever here even if he moves. Knowles, athletically, has no business here. If he's challenging for PT then we need another recruiting class to straighten out the Folden damage.

If Redwine and JJ are 1's, and Carter and Knowles are 2's, where is Romeo Finley? :frown:

I think his future is at linebacker. He has great closing speed and likes to hit but doesn't have the fluidity of the other four.

If Finley is less fluid than Knowles, then he'll likely be a backup forever here even if he moves. Knowles, athletically, has no business here. If he's challenging for PT then we need another recruiting class to straighten out the Folden damage.

I think it's universally known that we do. We've got Darrell Langham, Braxton Berrios, and Dayall Harris as the only upperclassmen WRs on the roster. The only time those 3 will be doing any game changing is swapping Fifa for Madden in their Xboxes. Still got a ways to go to get to ACC Champion/playoff level talent.

Knew something was up with Finley when it was Knowles who started in place of the suspended J. Carter against UNC.

Looks like ain't **** changed.

Advertisement
Young and Delaney will be the starters. Bandy and Jackson getting a lot of reps at CB and in the Nickel. Not sure on Dean. I don't want to hear about Juco. Glorified HS. Guys from juco are hit and miss and you can't tell until they show up. Most, even the great ones need time to acclimate. Staff loves Young and Delaney is a grown *** man. Bandy is a special cat, no way to keep him off the field. He'll ref if he has to.

Knew something was up with Finley when it was Knowles who started in place of the suspended J. Carter against UNC.

Looks like ain't **** changed.

Guys giving up on Finley already?? How about maybe Knowles just knew the playbook better then him or Finley just wasnt ready mentally. He was a Tr-Fr!...Why does it have to be a physical issue? Finley will be just fine. He was a beast at SS in HS and will be beast for us. Just give him time.

For those guys that think Amari Carter will come in and start playing lights out, pump the brakes. Let the kid learn and come into his own. Redwine and JJohnson are no slouches and they have exp AND know the playbook AND the coaches trust them. We have FSU the 3rd game of the season..sorry if I want my best and most experienced out there when the bullets start flying. We cant afford to lose to those guys again.

I remember guys on here were saying Kendrick Norton his Tr-Fr wasnt that impressive and should be moved to OL..2 years later and we are all praying he doesnt leave after this year to the NFL. Give these kids time. Sheesh.

I cant wait for Amari Carter to not average 10 tackles per game, have 5 interceptions and not be a Freshmen All American and for guys to start saying, "ACarter is overrated and isnt Miami caliber. Knew it all along! Check my history! I was the first to say it! Who I was always REALLY waiting for was Frierson, Hall, and Jobe to come and upgrade our Safety spots!"...You guys give these kids one year and if they dont dominate you throw them in the trash and hype up the next guy..Smh.

Advertisement

I think it's universally known that we do. We've got Darrell Langham, Braxton Berrios, and Dayall Harris as the only upperclassmen WRs on the roster. The only time those 3 will be doing any game changing is swapping Fifa for Madden in their Xboxes. Still got a ways to go to get to ACC Champion/playoff level talent.

We've got enough talent to play for the ACC championship this year. Once you get to the acccg anything can happen. It shouldn't really take 3 years to recruit your way out of playing Knowles at Safety.

I cant wait for Amari Carter to not average 10 tackles per game, have 5 interceptions and not be a Freshmen All American and for guys to start saying, "ACarter is overrated and isnt Miami caliber. Knew it all along! Check my history! I was the first to say it! Who I was always REALLY waiting for was Frierson, Hall, and Jobe to come and upgrade our Safety spots!"...You guys give these kids one year and if they dont dominate you throw them in the trash and hype up the next guy..Smh.
You're being way too dramatic. I can feel your sun dress riding up as you hammered that out.

No one mentioned a **** thing about expecting Finley to dominate immediately. Expecting him to be better than an FIU level recruit who runs a 5 flat 40 after a year and a half in the system isn't expecting miracles.

Advertisement
From what everyone is saying Mike Jackson has the Physical Attributes hopefully the mental will all come together for him this season. At bare minimum if he doesn't make the 2 deep its some quality depth.

Id really like to see him at boundary corner (Jackson) and the Citadel Transfer at the field corner. With Malik playing the nickel.

Everyone is overlooking Jeff James who demonstrated excellent ball skills in high school. Bandy is my choice at FS due to aggression and ball skills.

Advertisement
Back