Redwine talks move to safety

Redwine to safety sounds like a solid move. I think he has more upside there and, from what I recall, he tackled pretty well last season, too....

Advertisement
Delaney will have to earn it since the competition at CB is stronger this year.

You never know, Dean could prove to be really good. We know the coaches already trust Young, and Jackson came on toward the end of the season. They'll all play a lot anyway.

So let me get this straight..You think Delanay..(who Pete and others have said would have been a probable 4th round pick and only came here to ensure he gets picked higher)..is going to come in here and play backup to anyone? If that happens, hes the dumbest ***** ive ever seen. I expect him to ball out of control from Day 1 and be our starting CB.

God bless MJ and all but HE'S the one who will need to fight for playing time. And if he is the goods, great..he will provide great depth and set himself up to start next year once Delaney leaves.

Delaney will have to earn it since the competition at CB is stronger this year.

You never know, Dean could prove to be really good. We know the coaches already trust Young, and Jackson came on toward the end of the season. They'll all play a lot anyway.

So let me get this straight..You think Delanay..(who Pete and others have said would have been a probable 4th round pick and only came here to ensure he gets picked higher)..is going to come in here and play backup to anyone? If that happens, hes the dumbest ***** ive ever seen. I expect him to ball out of control from Day 1 and be our starting CB.

God bless MJ and all but HE'S the one who will need to fight for playing time. And if he is the goods, great..he will provide great depth and set himself up to start next year once Delaney leaves.

Ultimately I do think he'll start because he's a 5th year senior with a lot of talent but the competition will be fierce. Dean also isn't coming here to ride the pine. I'm sure Bandy feels he'll play right away. Young is arguably our top CB presently. Jackson has waited his turn and looks to be capitalizing.

He will have to earn that starting spot imo.

Advertisement
Mark my words. Dee Delaney will be starting for us this year, game 1. Watch his film and you will quickly see why. Doesn't matter who we currently have, he starts, he is better. Go Canes!

Not sure why everyone is surprised by Mr. Billy Jean himself. He was a 4star recruit coming in. He played very well in the limited time he saw last year. I like him.

Advertisement
Bandy will be ready day 1. Young played last year and bandy is way more advanced at cb than young was last year.

Advertisement
IMHO ... 1st game starters barring injury: Delaney, Young, Johnson, Redwine, Jackson. ... Finley, Bandy, Dean and Carter (and possibly DeeJay) get rotated in during September, and start to take snaps away from the top 5 if their play justifies it.

I am psyched about Dean, but we saw that Jucos have had mixed success at Miami. Tyler McMeans, Kayne Farquharson, Beau Sandland, Jahir Jones. Not everyone has produced like a Gunter, much less a Shockey. He's a So Florida kid so won't have as much adjusting to do, but it will still take time. Same with the true freshmen.

Advertisement
I believe Austin P said in podcast that Michael Jackson is the most althletic CB on the team and that he just needed to be more consistent with his play and jamming the receiver. So hopefully the coaching is gaining traction w him

I can see Redwine as an effective hybrid S/CB like how late-career Charles Woodson was deployed - effective covering TEs/Big WRs, red zone and other situations where you need to get hands on someone at the line, etc.

Advertisement
Back