Recruiting weekend update

Advertisement
Greene committing does excite me - if we can keep him.

Your last sentence gave me a headache.

Greene did commit. If that excites yall well then there you go. We got one of the two who has committed, decommitted, committed then decommitted to decommite from somewhere else & commit here again... aim for the sky right.

You know who closes strong? The bag schools. Closing on elite recruits late has become all about who cuts the best deal.
no doubt in my mind that Bags figure into signings..... we need to get into the bag dropping game..... maybe our bags are smaller bags but we can drop some bags and if her want to sign difference makers

Exactly. Our staff has a horrible feel for being misled and not making contingency plans. They’re like the nerd who hears a girl say, “See ya later,” and the nerd starts immediately ironing his mom jeans thinking he has a date.

Let Gus Machado visit and keep him in your back pocket. FSU is going to mount a furious surge claiming they just hired the best coach in the history of football. Some people will buy into that.

@The Franchise Why is
1413246400685-2L8NL4SYBNF575QTH8CS
he visiting?.

I swear we keep getting slower, and slower on defense.

You are looking at this the wrong way. It's not just about Dad went here so I should go to. Kid has to be looking at playing time. You guys think that if a 3-star kid gets offered he should jump on board. The kid has to weigh whether he will see the field at Miami or be a full time starter at UCF.

It's like a 4-star kid getting offered from Alabama. Oh, he should just jump on board cause it's Alabama. NO. It's about where do I fit in. Will I play here. That's the deal.

Dude we dont have a murderer's row at corner. Those dudes are pedestrians...Pun intended.

Advertisement
Long story short, FSU was set to hire Odell. Had everything set up to announce it, and then a big time booster storms in and says hes pulling every last cent of support if they "hire another unqualified n****r." Thrasher and the AD backtracked and ended up going w Norvell.

th-1.jpeg

How do you not at least bring the local kid on a visit? You cancel him like that? Let him visit...

Also, so if Greene did commit...What do you do when he crawls back to FSU an hour away from his campus if he likes the new hires at the last minute.

Let him visit and get his hopes up

Advertisement
No it's called let him visit and enjoy himself and be straight forward with him...Novel idea huh? You already got his hopes up when you gave him that "offer" remember?
I think you have a certain number of official visits per cycle.

Advertisement
LCE said it best, if Davonte Brown didn’t pull the trigger before he left I would drop him. At some point we need to draw the line in the sand.

Haggins was set to retire but I guess FSU begged him to stay on in order to save the class from being a complete disaster. If he indeed stays, I think Greene has a change of heart and re-commits as they will put the full court press on.
Does Norvell go with his own DL coach who has no ties or keep Haggins?

No it's called let him visit and enjoy himself and be straight forward with him...Novel idea huh? You already got his hopes up when you gave him that "offer" remember?

If he got that "offer" he wouldnof committed on the spot. He's been told from the get go he's in a wait and see as to what happens with other linebackers we have ahead of him. We were 100% up front with him.

Advertisement
Sounds like this is a lining everything up type weekend with contingency plans.

Lining up Baynes since Morris visiting next weekend and possibly Denis if they push.

Brown I would imagine is a take right now with him being 1a and Delancy 1b.

Greene is the one they pushed for the hardest and I would hope if he did commit the staff is keeping it hush.

We are not waiting on Morris to take Baynes, they both have a spot if they want it.

Advertisement
Back