Recruiting weekend update

he committed to bama, flipped to auburn, visited georgia decommitted there, held out and then repicked bama on signing day. He didnt really do what francois did but similar non the less.
Miami was 7-6 last year, started off 2-3 this year and ended up 6-6 this year. He said before the season even started he was paying attention on if we had a good season or not and it’s not exactly like we haven’t been bad to where it might give a recruit pause, **** its given most of the logical fans pause...
There was much more drama in that Reuben foster recruitment than just that too. I’m from near the area he transferred from in highschool and had a teammate committed to auburn at the time so I heard A lot of what went on in his recruitment back in the day.

Advertisement
Exactly, didn’t stop Nick saban from going after him in that roller coaster of a recruitment. Some smart *** will say Francois is not Reuben foster(well obviously) but I’ll tell you what, Francois IS the best ballhawking db that has come out of south Florida in years and he has good enough size and athleticism to go with it. Think about all the names that have come at dbs in recent years, he’s without a doubt the best playmaker in the secondary in terms of being a ballhawk which says SOMETHING. And that something is what Miami needs in its secondary. Now that is an elite skill imo on that alone
View attachment 104660
View attachment 104661
Everything you said is true. If he was 6’2 and ran a 4.4 like Tyson Campbell he’d be a five star and a top 20 player in the country. But he’s not. But ya know who wasn’t over 6’ and didn’t run a 4.4? Jaquan Johnson. And we’re missing him bad right about now

Miami was 7-6 last year, started off 2-3 this year and ended up 6-6 this year. He said before the season even started he was paying attention on if we had a good season or not and it’s not exactly like we haven’t been bad to where it might give a recruit pause, **** its given most of the logical fans pause...
There was much more drama in that Reuben foster recruitment than just that too. I’m from near the area he transferred from in highschool and had a teammate committed to auburn at the time so I heard A lot of what went on in his recruitment back in the day.

Doesn’t Reuben have an Auburn logo tattoo? Lol got family down there & they just knew he was coming there cause of that lmaooo

at one point he’s been offered by Miami, Ohio state , Georgia and a number of other teams. Can’t just use that to determine whether someone is good or not. For an example Greg Rousseau was offered by LSU and Usc early in the process, did they go after him down the stretch? No , did that mean he wasn’t good just because of that? Obviously not

I don’t know about Rousseau’s initial tecruitment. I’m sure you are right and there will always be exceptions but when you look at the schools that are still involved in Francois” recruitment, even though he has indicated he would be receptive to lots of programs, it is a surprisingly lackluster bunch of schools still after him.

he committed to bama, flipped to auburn, visited georgia decommitted there, held out and then repicked bama on signing day. He didnt really do what francois did but similar non the less.

That’s what I thought.

Three commitments would be new , even for south Florida.

Advertisement

He was begging for Ohio state offer even before we sucked , then he begged for Gatuh offer and they said no.

Let’s be real the only reason he’s even thinking about a third commitment is nobody he wants wants him back.

So he needs to commit , stop taking visits and shut I down. If not , just take slaughter and tell him to F off and go to Indiana or Nebraska.

He was begging for Ohio state offer even before we sucked , then he begged for Gatuh offer and they said no.

Let’s be real the only reason he’s even thinking about a third commitment is nobody he wants wants him back.

So he needs to commit , stop taking visits and shut I down. If not , just take slaughter and tell him to F off and go to Indiana or Nebraska.
Hes been telling the coaching staff he’s been committed for weeks though apparently, maybe he thought that’s what he ought to do if he took visits elsewhere with That new recruiting rule in place and just went ahead and decommitted, who knows but I still Hope we get him in the end

Advertisement

100% agree. And there must be a reason ....

Hes been telling the coaching staff he’s been committed for weeks though apparently, maybe he thought that’s what he ought to do if he took visits elsewhere with That new recruiting rule in place and just went ahead and decommitted, who knows but I still Hope we get him in the end

That’s why I said” go public “earlier , he’s a silent which is more of a slap in the face if he won’t go public. This kids needs to ****, or get off the pot. Even now he’s obviously still holding out hope that’s there’s a dc somewhere opening a spot or he would go public and shut it down.

That’s why I said” go public “earlier , he’s a silent which is more of a slap in the face if he won’t go public. This kids needs to ****, or get off the pot. Even now he’s obviously still holding out hope that’s there’s a dc somewhere opening a spot or he would go public and shut it down.
How often to kids like this even materialize into meeting expectations?

Advertisement
Exactly, didn’t stop Nick saban from going after him in that roller coaster of a recruitment. Some smart *** will say Francois is not Reuben foster(well obviously) but I’ll tell you what, Francois IS the best ballhawking db that has come out of south Florida in years and he has good enough size and athleticism to go with it. Think about all the names that have come at dbs in recent years, he’s without a doubt the best playmaker in the secondary in terms of being a ballhawk which says SOMETHING. And that something is what Miami needs in its secondary. Now that is an elite skill imo on that alone
View attachment 104660
View attachment 104661
Sounds like an Ed Reed-type. I'd let him recommit a third time.

Notice I'm not saying equal to Ed Reed. But we need playmakers, guys who get turnovers, and can do so despite not having the most elite physical skills.

I'm also willing to understand that kids 17-18 years old can be confused, have uncertainties, and might not always make the best decisions.

I don't expect kids that age to have the judgement and acumen of a 45-year old with decades of business and adult life experience.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back