Recruiting weekend update

Advertisement
Ivins update wasn't negative. Here is my gist of his write up he posted about an hour ago:

slaughter - miami didn't push for a flip. miami still trying to figure out what to do with Francois and 3 safeties committed
Washington - went well but still a longshot. brought his kid and girlfriend
Baynes - feels he wanted to commit but wants to make sure and think things thru before flipping and call Louisville
greene - feels good. waiting to see if Odell is retained. however, my opinion not ivins, is that Greene has silently committed. Manny still has an in home visit left for him
brown - surprised he didn't commit. down to ucf and us but can't see him picking ucf with his dad having played for us

Advertisement
i agree about green here, but it’s the same old short sighted stupidity. “If” he does decide to go to FSU, we’ll lose out on both. It’s a good idea to have him visit and handle it accordingly
If Jesus Machado committed, everyone would be up in arms about taking a 2 star commitment. And now in this thread you have people *****ing about both the fact that we received no commitments, and if Greene did commit, he’s just going to go back to FSU anyways. People here just ***** for whatever, regardless of recruiting strategy or outcome

Sounds like this is a lining everything up type weekend with contingency plans.

Lining up Baynes since Morris visiting next weekend and possibly Denis if they push.

Brown I would imagine is a take right now with him being 1a and Delancy 1b.

Greene is the one they pushed for the hardest and I would hope if he did commit the staff is keeping it hush.

Denis is dead and gone

Okay I can give an actual update from 247. AI said Baynes was about to pull the trigger but didn't. Ivins thinks he wants to do it the right way and inform Louisville first. Thwy didn't push for a commitment from Slaughter, still seeing about Francois and the overall numbers. Went well with Greene, Norvell will obviously go after him hard and FSU may try to keep Haggins.

No real update on the TE, sound like it went fine but obviously still a longshot.

Davonte Brown wants to talk to his parents before deciding. He's between UCF and Miami which is embarrassing imo. People don't think he could pick UCF over Miami given his dad played at Miami.

He also said, "It’s disappointing because everyone bought into some rumor about three kids committing on Friday which was false."

And last piece. Ivins feels the best about (and in order) Baynes, Greene, Brown, Washington then Slaughter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have just had 3 4 star silent commits pop In the last 3 weeks, they mean something. Chantz and rivers were silents in this class too along with others
How many silents have we had they didn't follow through as well? I'm sure that number is greater

Okay I can give an actual update from 247. AI said Baynes was about to pull the trigger but didn't. Ivins thinks he wants to do it the right way and inform Louisville first. Thwy didn't push for a commitment from Slaughter, still seeing about Francois and the overall numbers. Went well with Greene, Norvell will obviously go after him hard and FSU may try to keep Haggins.

No real update on the TE, sound like it went fine but obviously still a longshot.

Davonte Brown wants to talk to his parents before deciding. He's between UCF and Miami which is embarrassing imo. People don't think he could pick UCF over Miami given his dad played at Miami.

He also said, "It’s disappointing because everyone bought into some rumor about three kids committing on Friday which was false."

And last piece. Ivins feels the best about (and in order) Baynes, Greene, Brown, Washington then Slaughter.
So 0 Commitments and the staff likes where it stands with the Recruits?

Advertisement
what up?

Yall need some patience.
2.0 hard at work on these boys....
BD0BD3E4-0E83-4732-86FD-A13B78D38776.jpeg

Advertisement
Back