Recruiting Update 4/15/18: Post Spring Game

View as article
While I appreciate the post Geo, our momentum needs to pick back up again. All the top SoFlo guys have interest in Miami, but finishing second doesn’t mean ****. We just took a backseat to UF and FSU this weekend, let’s see if the staff can throw a counter punch and bounce back.
which they will. FSU and UF had one big weekend....big deal.

2 weeks ago, Miami had an absolutely unreal collection of talent on campus for a practice.

2 weeks before that and throughout the spring at every Adidas Camp/UA Camp/7on7 tourney in the entire southeast region, Miami was the talk of camp.

We'll be FINE!!!

Advertisement
I'm not going to panic in April. Recruiting cycles are a marathon, not a dead sprint.

Having said that, there's quite a few guys that we're holding spots for that are just sitting there not pulling a trigger. At some point the staff does need to expand its board rather then being left holding their **** in their hand.

Davis is 5'9 166. Maybe thats their reasoning. When i saw STA play he always outplayed Blades who they apparently were high on. Guess its the size thing..thing is after they flunk out they always try to turn back aroud like how they did Samuel last year.

Lets wait to see if stuff changes by Paradise.
I dont know if you ever seen jaden without pads... all im gonna say is jaden smith as a 7 year old... kid is all day 5'7 at best and maybe 135 140. First time the kid was introduced to me i though he was an optimist kid we were locking on to early. This was about 8 months ago.

as much as we hate to admit it, fsu had a homerun of a weekend. they have clear momentum over there in the sticks.
I understand your point but heres the thing with breaking kids off to visit. Hes gonna get his share of early success cause its early in recruiting and the real power schools attack later in the cycle. But if a kids commiting to you for no purpose other than the money than hes a mercenary that will take money over & over & may just as likely flip to someone else who breaks him off (aka what bookie did last year. Not even gonna say how many different schools he silented to for a pay day.)

Advertisement
People, it's APRIL!!!

We will 100% be fine. As Geo has said, he and people within the program expect us to land Smith, McIntosh, Huff and Ingraham within the next few months. That's 4 elite dudes. If we can get MJJ to come aboard then the flood gates open. The Haselwood info is awesome and @Brooklyndee talking about us being a major player for Steele makes me happy in pants.

Just be a bit patient people, this class is still gonna have elite dudes all over the place.
No reason to panic, I agree but you are throwing around the word elite too easily. Those four names you mentioned are all really good and some may end up elite but so far I don’t see elite.

Advertisement
If we land Steele and Rique, Ladson will have to reconsider his commitment to Clemson. Although, Steele tweeting from OK that he will commit on 7/7 when Paradise camp is 7/16 does not give me much confidence this will happen

I dont know if you ever seen jaden without pads... all im gonna say is jaden smith as a 7 year old... kid is all day 5'7 at best and maybe 135 140. First time the kid was introduced to me i though he was an optimist kid we were locking on to early. This was about 8 months ago.

Well that settles it. No coincidence this kid was at the top of our list at one point then I assume when the staff saw him up close and personal at Jr day saw the same thing you did, BDee. Buddy is just way too small.

5'9 is one thing. 5'7 is totally different.

Advertisement
If we land Steele and Rique, Ladson will have to reconsider his commitment to Clemson. Although, Steele tweeting from OK that he will commit on 7/7 when Paradise camp is 7/16 does not give me much confidence this will happen
Move on from ladson... think lance legget 2.0

Unless he gets here on his own dime... I guess the family in Florida explains why the interest and planned OV to UF and the fact they must be willing to hold OVs before fall..... IDK, unless there's something else going on behind the scenes I don't see how we are even in the mix for a July 7 commitment.

Then again, commitments can be broken...

I understand your point but heres the thing with breaking kids off to visit. Hes gonna get his share of early success cause its early in recruiting and the real power schools attack later in the cycle. But if a kids commiting to you for no purpose other than the money than hes a mercenary that will take money over & over & may just as likely flip to someone else who breaks him off (aka what bookie did last year. Not even gonna say how many different schools he silented to for a pay day.)
I'm gonna guess 4 or 5. Clemson, Florida, Oklahoma, Nebraska and UCLA?

Advertisement
No reason to panic, I agree but you are throwing around the word elite too easily. Those four names you mentioned are all really good and some may end up elite but so far I don’t see elite.
Smith - offers (according to 247) from Bama, Florida, Michigan, Penn St. Auburn, Michigan St. Oklahoma, Wisconsin
McIntosh - offers (according to 247) from Bama, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St. Clemson, FSU, LSU, Oregon, Wisconsin
Huff - offers (according to 247) from Bama, FSU, Penn. St. South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas
Ingraham - offers (according to 247) from Bama, FSU, Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, UGA, LSU, Texas, Oregon, Ohio St. Penn St. South Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan

Those offer lists don't get much more elite bobby

Advertisement
Back