Recruiting talent

I disagree! We have far more talented depth in most areas (not DT). If we go 6-6 this yr it will be due to our crappy DC and a young QB.

Not even close. Sean Spence, Lamar Miller, Leonard Hankerson, Travis Benjamin, Colin McCarthy, ADewale Ojomo, Allen Bailey, Brandon Harris, DVD, Orlando Franklin...those are some of the players who were on Randy's 4th year team. Our talent was WAY better going into that year than it is going into this year (Golden's fourth year). In fact, it's not really close. Golden is a horrible recruiter and evaluator of talent.

I disagree, Shannon didn't get left with holding the Nevin ****head crap with the NCAA. We lost a lot of kids the 1st couple of years because of that crap. Thank God that some of the guys had the balls to look past that and come here; Duke, Tracy, Coley, etc.

Sorry, dude. Can't compare apples to oranges. Heck, a lot of people we're says we were going to get the death penalty, that's scared a lot of kids bro!

This is silly to even have to entertain but here you go:

Duke > Miller
Coley > Hankerson and Benjamin
Tracy > Harris
Burns or Gunter > DVD (He was pretty bad here)
Flowers > Franklin
Perryman = Spence

McCarthy, Ojomo and Bailey were all better than most of our guys now but we are still young. Those guys were not really great till their senior year and Ojomo really wasn't great. Good player - not great!

What a horrible post. Duke is arguably better than Miller, but he sure hasn't proven it yet. ROFL @ Coley being better than Hankerson. Hankerson is one of THREE UM wide receivers in the history of the program with over 1,000 yards in a season. Coley is one of the most talented players we've had in a while, but he's not at Hankerson's level yet. Also, ROFL @ Perryman being equal to Spence. Spence was better as a freshman than Perryman ever will be. Burns hasn't done **** yet.

It's a fact that Randy's 4th year team had better talent than Golden's.

I'm not really sure how it is a fact considering it is impossible to prove right now and tough to judge.

In one sentence you are talking talent, in the next you are talking production. Two totally different things, can't have it both ways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back