Recruiting talent

Until we get a stadium you can forget closing on top talent. They don't want to play in front of 50k empty seats. And fans don't want to to go that dump to watch a game. Sad to say this is the way this program is going to stay.

This isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Would it help, sure. Helping to get kids get drafted , having a good relationship with your recruiter, and winning big time ball games is more important and what big time players care about.

Good recruiters, multiple savages getting drafted, and winning big time ball games is what will help close on "top talent." "I'm trying to be 3 and out bruh" the aspirations of many southern savage recruits.

i agree and disagree, some kids like that stuff, i know some kids that went to schools just because of the jerseys the school wore, every kid has a preference with the school they choose, but the majority of the kids just want to go to a place that will get them drafted

Advertisement
Their job isn't to recruit talent anymore. It's to recruit football players who can excel in the classroom and keep their nose clean. It's why I don't even bother to give effort or passion as a fan now, bc the school is not interested in doing what it takes to win. I'm sick of banging my head against the wall, caring more about winning than our AD does. I'm happier having let go. Maybe one day I'll have my team back. But I'm done getting emotionally invested in a team that is set up by it's leaders to fail.

Our talent is horrible and worse than it was under Randy. Maybe you guys will realize that when we go 6-6 this year.

Our talent is horrible and worse than it was under Randy. Maybe you guys will realize that when we go 6-6 this year.

I disagree! We have far more talented depth in most areas (not DT). If we go 6-6 this yr it will be due to our crappy DC and a young QB.

Advertisement
Their job isn't to recruit talent anymore. It's to recruit football players who can excel in the classroom and keep their nose clean. It's why I don't even bother to give effort or passion as a fan now, bc the school is not interested in doing what it takes to win. I'm sick of banging my head against the wall, caring more about winning than our AD does. I'm happier having let go. Maybe one day I'll have my team back. But I'm done getting emotionally invested in a team that is set up by it's leaders to fail.

Close thread. This is spot on n I feel the same way. can we be a good team? Yes

But we want to be A Miami team and a UM team is better than good.....it's elite. It's what Bama n Fsu are right now.

If I knew how to neg, I would!

44.gif

Advertisement

Then go follow another team already

Brawl against FIU and the Shapiro scandal within the last ten years.

Yes, we have to stay clean in a dirty recruiting business. Yes, we are going to lose out of a lot of players.

Even after a decade of irrelevance and our stadium woes, we are still consistently pulling top 10-15 classes with this staff. I don't see why that wouldn't continue. Mostly, we benefit from the Depth and quality of South Florida talent, but thats not going anywhere. We can't get them all but I didn't think the last staff was bringing in enough talent and I think as a whole, the depth chart and future outlook has improved alot. I'm very high on the 2014 class in particular.

Advertisement
I agree, but I think 2015 class will be better because we will get some quality DT's this class and great Defensive backs. Offensively, I think it will be an average class with a couple of instant impact guys (Dexter Williams & any big WR we get).

One thing that eats me up is that a lot of the guys that people create in their minds that they are studs really are average players based on the talent they're playing against in high school. Most high school players should excel it's high school but the key is work ethic and willing to learn on the next level. Everyone has top players on their team in college some just apply their selves to their craft. Posters and Mister know it all's come on here and anoint kids to be the next star then when they don't produce they bash the kid that's why I have a hard time posting and I love my Canes!!! and I'm not even from Fla., so me personally just like I'm always on my son letting him know that why your chilling someone at your position is getting better. That's why kids have to do more of the little things to succeed.

Last edited:

I disagree! We have far more talented depth in most areas (not DT). If we go 6-6 this yr it will be due to our crappy DC and a young QB.

Not even close. Sean Spence, Lamar Miller, Leonard Hankerson, Travis Benjamin, Colin McCarthy, ADewale Ojomo, Allen Bailey, Brandon Harris, DVD, Orlando Franklin...those are some of the players who were on Randy's 4th year team. Our talent was WAY better going into that year than it is going into this year (Golden's fourth year). In fact, it's not really close. Golden is a horrible recruiter and evaluator of talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not even close. Sean Spence, Lamar Miller, Leonard Hankerson, Travis Benjamin, Colin McCarthy, ADewale Ojomo, Allen Bailey, Brandon Harris, DVD, Orlando Franklin...those are some of the players who were on Randy's 4th year team. Our talent was WAY better going into that year than it is going into this year (Golden's fourth year). In fact, it's not really close. Golden is a horrible recruiter and evaluator of talent.

I disagree, Shannon didn't get left with holding the Nevin ****head crap with the NCAA. We lost a lot of kids the 1st couple of years because of that crap. Thank God that some of the guys had the balls to look past that and come here; Duke, Tracy, Coley, etc.

Sorry, dude. Can't compare apples to oranges. Heck, a lot of people we're says we were going to get the death penalty, that's scared a lot of kids bro!

Weown makes a very good point. It's been overlooked because certain people automatically assumed golden was the second coming of butch and had to be a million times better than shanolian in regards to things that are actually related to football play. Is the talent really THAT much better, if at alll?

I disagree, Shannon didn't get left with holding the Nevin ****head crap with the NCAA. We lost a lot of kids the 1st couple of years because of that crap. Thank God that some of the guys had the balls to look past that and come here; Duke, Tracy, Coley, etc.

Sorry, dude. Can't compare apples to oranges. Heck, a lot of people we're says we were going to get the death penalty, that's scared a lot of kids bro!

This is silly to even have to entertain but here you go:

Duke > Miller
Coley > Hankerson and Benjamin
Tracy > Harris
Burns or Gunter > DVD (He was pretty bad here)
Flowers > Franklin
Perryman = Spence

McCarthy, Ojomo and Bailey were all better than most of our guys now but we are still young. Those guys were not really great till their senior year and Ojomo really wasn't great. Good player - not great!

Randy Shannon had a better team. He was just a bad head coach. Golden is a bit better than him as a coach.

Advertisement
Back