Recruiting lows?

Advertisement
This is a stage-gate process.

First point to watch: early June / on-site activities.
From there, watch balance of June to July. Other kids to target over summer before attention turns to fall practice.
From there, first part of season - reengaging with kids before the season is good or bad, maybe there are some september OVs to watch.
From there, it will be a function of how good or not good the team plays, who is interseted and who commits.

So nothing really to judge for a month. If we don't ahve some good commitments by the second week of june, it's fair to ask what is going on.
I can totally get down with this line of thinking and planning. Especially considering the number of decommitments we have had in recent years.
However, we do play Bama week one and odds are we get smashed in that game. Especially if King is not 100% yet. But I’m content to wait. I’m just not going to act like I’m confident in this approach. But maybe it’s the way to go. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like the strategy is to sign a top 15/20 high school class with about 18 signees. Then, sign 4/6 transfers. In the formula that factors in transfers, it'd be a top 10 class overall. This only works if we can continue to be the premier destination for high-profile portal transfers. However, I could see other SEC schools turning up the heat in that area.

Not worried yet. A homerun scenario is Anthony Lucas and Nyjalik Kelly sign to play with LT on a potentially dominant defensive line.
TROB has been active in the recruitments of T. Lathan and Kenyatta Jackson so that’ll be something to monitor.

if anyone goes position by position they’ll see a good mix of local/in state/national targets

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can totally get down with this line of thinking and planning. Especially considering the number of decommitments we have had in recent years.
However, we do play Bama week one and odds are we get smashed in that game. Especially if King is not 100% yet. But I’m content to wait. I’m just not going to act like I’m confident in this approach. But maybe it’s the way to go. 🤷‍♂️
Well said.

Defensive recruiting has been a been a pile of **** under Manny the DC which is jammin' up Manny the HC.

Under his Many's watch Rumph and Patke should have never been allowed to continue stinking' up the recruiting trail for so long and LOL at CIS posters throwing Manny a ticker tape parade for finally doing his FUQIN JOB to help recruit 2 defensive 5* players
FFAC4CDA-8825-4523-8798-4BE23E8B4661.gif

I’m not expecting a big class. I wouldn’t be surprised with 17-18 kids
Would make sense if we’re expecting portal exits and we need to save spots for inbound transfers.
Not gaining back any spots when kids leave is bs.

Advertisement
I consider Biss a must get need at lb, can't let another Bonito get away
Also Bonitto is unlikely to be the same player here. Some just aren't scheme fits and I think he is one. He is what? 6'2 and 230? He plays in a 3-4 as the rush end which is perfect for him and he excels at it. Does anyone think he would have been a dominate Mike or Will here? He is at his best rushing the passer.

Also Bonitto is unlikely to be the same player here. Some just aren't scheme fits and I think he is one. He is what? 6'2 and 230? He plays in a 3-4 as the rush end which is perfect for him and he excels at it. Does anyone think he would have been a dominate Mike or Will here? He is at his best rushing the passer.
Our lbers are trash, he would be far away our best lb, fit or not. I would take him as our Mike right now.

Advertisement
And you would promptly call him trash at the end of the season my guy... That is not his position and he would look lost out there in space.
Maybe so, he is better on the edge. But no way he looks more lost than them bums that gave up 600 yards rushing to UNC, zero chance. At least physically he can make a stop.

Maybe so, he is better on the edge. But no way he looks more lost than them bums that gave up 600 yards rushing to UNC, zero chance. At least physically he can make a stop.
Agree with that but that is also not saying much lol I think a majority of starting LB at P5 schools would meet that criteria. I was just commenting I do not see Bonitto as much as a "miss" as others. He wasn't and still is not a scheme fit and went to a place he could be a scheme fit and is getting first round buzz. I think all parties made the right call.

How do you know we only have one commit?

How certain are you that every other program will sign every one of the "commitments" they have now?

I swear half this board has never paid any attention to college football.
If it’s not public it’s not real. It’s like a girl. If you won’t go out in public with her, then it’s nothing more than a hookup.

People talk about commitments this early being nothing more than placeholders. Silents are worse bc those are placeholders within multiple programs.

Advertisement
If it’s not public it’s not real. It’s like a girl. If you won’t go out in public with her, then it’s nothing more than a hookup.

It's not real if it's public either. Have you ever heard of a decommitment? It happens pretty frequently.

This comment is entirely retarded, and makes me assume you wear velcro shoes.

I’m not going to lie - I’m a little concerned. Not freaking out yet bc it’s not June/July but concerned. I’ve been around a long time and usually don’t sweat it much until summer.

It’s not just the one commit that has me concerned. It’s the fact that commit is a QB, which usually prompts other high level offensive interest if he’s respected by other recruits, and the fact many heavy hitters on D seem to be looking elsewhere. Many of the guys we offered seemingly have low interest, even after seeing 2 guys go 1st round in the draft. Maybe it’s the hangover of the UNC debacle or maybe it’s newness of the defensive staff and kids needing time to get acquainted but that staff is supposed to be A-list recruiters with prior contacts so I did expect more buzz than what I’ve seen thus far.
While having 1 commit in may can be concerning to some, it’s great that our sole commit is qb. It seems every year we have our class finalized and are scrambling to get a qb. we lucked out last year with sc taking 2 qbs or else we would be without a qb in the class or grabbing a Peyton matcha type (no disrespect to Peyton I like him)

I hope this is the start of a new trend for miami recruiting. Getting the qb committed early and not left with our dic•ks in our hands day of signing day looking for a jag

Advertisement
Back