RECRUITING CLASS RANKING: PORTAL+ SURGE 19-

@roly2324, did Anthony Solomon sign with Michigan and portal over to the gaytors or is there another Anthony Solomon?

Advertisement
I do... Because the portal guys are going to play and be high impact players. They must be taken into account.
But they're not Freshman so they are being counted in the wrong class not that I support this in any form anyhow. This is like our version of gaytor maths. We should just take the incoming freshmen recruiting L and the portal transfer W.

Agree with your point that the class will be judged down the road. Yet in many recruiting classes players "redshirt" or dont see the field for 2 years others transfer and that does not affect their ranking also? It'm alking about straight talent with portal + Recruiting we are 16th when we add Phillips by 247 composite's own metrics
I think infusion of talent is there and you could potentially call it Top 15, we can’t argue against the numbers and you could even say that it should be higher given that some of these guys are going to contribute right away. But that’s also the problem because recruiting classes have a long-term impact on a program. True Top 15 classes will mold a program over 4 years, a class like Miami’s may make a big to huge impact for Year 1 but then the effect dwindles because so many of the guys will be gone due to graduation. I think this is what makes what Manny is doing so interesting and really unprecedented.

Advertisement
I think infusion of talent is there and you could potentially call it Top 15, we can’t argue against the numbers and you could even say that it should be higher given that some of these guys are going to contribute right away. But that’s also the problem because recruiting classes have a long-term impact on a program. True Top 15 classes will mold a program over 4 years, a class like Miami’s may make a big to huge impact for Year 1 but then the effect dwindles because so many of the guys will be gone due to graduation. I think this is what makes what Manny is doing so interesting and really unprecedented.

Well the good thing is that like half the transfers will play multiple years...

Great stuff @roly2324! Thanks for putting in the time to do this. You should xpost it at a national forum like reddit.com/r/CFB, they'd have some fund with this analysis.

I’m just praying that Manny’s coaching is anywhere close to his social game..Guy has us in the news and trending in the social media game.

Now I’m hoping he and his coaches of choice can keep us trending in the real world of winning football games.

Advertisement
No one is reaching... This is the AGGREGATE class totals for the top 30 teams and as of now we are 19th. Not only that once Phillips now official we are a top 16th class in the nation. If you read @Lance Roffers Leg Race Part 2 we have one of the.most athletic classes in the country. Add portal and you have a top class.

Where did you get the new players rankings? For instance Phillips are you counting him as the number 1 overall recruit 5 star? Or are you giving a much more reasonable ranking?

Who hurt you?
I mean, props to @roly2324 for taking the time. All I'm saying is I don't get why lots of people feel the need to "fact check" our recruiting class ranking. The fact we got supplemental guys that will contribute is all I care about. I don't need to have ammo to correct the record against someone trolling us for having the twenty or thirty some odd ranked recruiting class.

Advertisement
We were very fortunate the portal came into existence at a time when we really needed it and Manny had the foresight to take advantage of it. As he stated, he needed some age and some holes filled and was able to do so with the portal. Even the one year rentals will strengthen the team for the future in several ways - allow some of the younger guys more time to develop, provide much needed leadership in work ethic, and provide depth and experience to help us win now.
It'll be interesting to see how the 2020 cycle shakes out - especially if we have a winning season.

Advertisement
I mean, props to @roly2324 for taking the time. All I'm saying is I don't get why lots of people feel the need to "fact check" our recruiting class ranking. The fact we got supplemental guys that will contribute is all I care about. I don't need to have ammo to correct the record against someone trolling us for having the twenty or thirty some odd ranked recruiting class.
Give me their names

You are really jumping through hoops to justify a historically poor recruiting class (by initial ranking) for Miami.

It was bad.

Miami needed to go to the portal just to make up for two of the past four classes being as poor as they were. For comparison...Miami's recruiting ranking this year was as bad as that 2015 class that had Terrence Henley, James King, Evan Sherriffs, etc. Yeah, it had Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, RJ McIntosh, and Michael Jackson...2019 will have his fair share of those types, too...but its a terrible class by any metric. The fact Miami had to hit the portal as hard as they did shows what kind of poor recruiting it has had over YEARS, not just this one. 2015 was 27th, 2016 was 22nd...2017 and 2018 were good to very good classes...but here we are, 2019, back in the deep 20s. These portal gems don't augment THIS classes failures...they help augment previous ones. We'll be digging in the portal fixing this year's class in 2020, 2021, 2022.

Since you did such a great job on this, how about the average player ranking?
Per 247, we're 22nd in player ranking.
Where do we sit if portal work is factored?

Advertisement
Back