RECRUITING CLASS RANKING: PORTAL+ SURGE 19-

Udynasty

Redshirt Freshman
This is in fact thanks to @brcane1 'a research that showed that we had a much better aggregate class than everyone was giving us credit for. One of the big issues though was that Miami's ranking was inflated due to the fact that we were not adding up the Portal additions for other teams. So I actually took the time today to do the Top 29 teams in there 247 Composite Rankings and this is what I got when you add all the players that came through the Portal.

Georgia
Eli Wolf (.7778 )-àConnor McIntee (.7781)

Oklahoma
Jalen Hurts ((97)-àRyasn Hilinski (.9695)

Florida

Jonathan Greenard (91)-àAnthony Solomon (.9137)

Auburn

Jay jay Wilson (89)à Jalen Wydermyer

Tennessee

Aubrey Solomon –(95)->Mazi Smith (.9536)
Deangelo Gibbs. –(87)-> Brandon Hill (.8710)

Florida State

Ryan Roberts (85)-> Skylar Loving Black (.8506)

Nebraska

Darrion Daniels (92)-> CJ Clark

Ohio State:
Justin Fields ( 1.00)--- Bo Nix (.9857)

NC State

Tabari Hines (86)--àNathaniel Beal (.8601)
Levi Jones (90)-àShammond Cooper (.90270)

1. Alabama- 317.50
2.Georgia – 309.20
3.Texas---- 287.02 (
4.OU- 285.61 (P)
5.Texas A&M--- 285.46
6.LSU--- 284.06
7.Florida--- 278.37
8.Tennesee---278.27
9.Oregon 277.98
10.Michigan-277.15
11.Clemson-275.55
12.Auburn—273.67
13.Ohio State-272.34
14.Penn State- 270.67
15.Notre Dame-258.56
16.Miami 255
17.Florida State- 254.65
18.Washington- 253.15
19.South Carolina 248.99
20.Nebraska- 247.70
21.USC--- 243.51
22.Stanford-242.58
23.Ole Miss-238.11
24.Arkansas-237.17
25.Mississippi State-235.81
26.Perdue-224.72
27.Virginia Tech- 224.01
28.NC State- 221.66
29.Wisconsin-219.51

UPDATE: Miami 16th in the Nation 255 pts

So what happens if we add Phillips ( Like everyone believes we will do)? Miami ends up with 255 Points and is 16th in the nation right in front of FSU.
If we Add Phillips and Braun? Miami would have 261.63 and that would give us a top 15 class in the nation...

So it looks like AT WORST OUR CLASS ENDS UP 16TH once Phillips is Official !

@brcane1 @Roman Marciante

Last edited:
Advertisement
All this shows is the amazing save Manny Diaz just gave us through the portal. Not only is our Blue chip ratio at 50% , but this class has a chance at Top 15 with all the portal stuff for every team added. It's almost a foregone conclusion that we will land Phillips and if we get Braun as well then solidified top 15 ranking. But @brcane1 is the guy to give props too, his correct analysis started everything...

Advertisement
Recruiting rankings are great fun...but Wisconsin just took a bunch of 3 star players... and whipped our *** 35-3...coaching matters. A lot.

True.. but it's also true that hauling in top 15 classes and having the Blue Chip ratio at around 50% helps your program win big. Which is why with the new coaching addition , having this class not be a dud and actually complementing #Storm18 nicely was so important. Manny is about to pull in the 16th class in the nation overall and probably 15th in he gets Braun. That is how you don't fall off the cliff.

Solid work. The lack of inclusion of transfers above us was one of the things that bothered me most about the prior ranking. But this suggests Manny salavaged (at least) a top 20 Portal + Recruiting Class (with a chance to be top 15), which is fairly impressive given what he inherited.

Solid work. The lack of inclusion of transfers above us was one of the things that bothered me most about the prior ranking. But this suggests Manny salavaged (at least) a top 20 Portal + Recruiting Class (with a chance to be top 15), which is fairly impressive given what he inherited.
Exactly.. amazing save

Advertisement
True.. but it's also true that hauling in top 15 classes and having the Blue Chip ratio at around 50% helps your program win big. Which is why with the new coaching addition , having this class not be a dud and actually complementing #Storm18 nicely was so important. Manny is about to pull in the 16th class in the nation overall and probably 15th in he gets Braun. That is how you don't fall off the cliff.
Someone always has to throw in that comment. Not saying he’s wrong of course but ****, just appreciate the work that went into this thread.

Nicely done man.

You guys are reaching. don’t get me wrong manny saved us by bringing in some key transfers but transfers, particularly grand transfers with one year to play can’t be compared to guys that have 3-4 years to contribute. Not to mention we have guys in this class that would be considered plan b and c guys on the past. I wonder if some of them will ever be contributors here.

Someone always has to throw in that comment. Not saying he’s wrong of course but ****, just appreciate the work that went into this thread.

Nicely done man.
Thanks my dude... I feel now that Manny has a real staff, with a Real OC that can develop talent. A guy whose offenses rolled Uf's head coach twice at Arkansas. We are In good hands for the long run.

You guys are reaching. don’t get me wrong manny saved us by bringing in some key transfers but transfers, particularly grand transfers with one year to play can’t be compared to guys that have 3-4 years to contribute. Not to mention we have guys in this class that would be considered plan b and c guys on the past. I wonder if some of them will ever be contributors here.
So people are “reaching” but then you say “Manny saved us”

Agreed with your post though of course. Nothing wrong with highlighting the details of what we’ve been going through though. We obviously got a lot better because of the portal (class was an epic failure) so I don’t think it’s “reaching” really.

Advertisement
Thanks my dude... I feel now that Manny has a real staff, with a Real OC that can develop talent. A guy whose offenses rolled Uf's head coach twice at Arkansas. We are In good hands for the long run.
2020 class is going to be a big one. SFLA is loaded and we will be battling the big boys for a lot of these guys. Really interested to see how Manny and co. stack up.

I think it’s one thing about Richt that people were hoping he would recruit better because he had been in the SEC for so long. He was battle-tested....just didn’t play out like that.

Great work but can I provide a counterpoint? I think rating it top16 is WAY optimistic. There’s no doubt Miami has more talent than it has in maybe a decade with the portal transfers. But I’d say recruiting classes are judged 3-4 years later. Not only that but every incoming freshman in a typical class is eligible to play.
What limits our class from being top 15 is that some of our transfers will have to sit out for a year. And then, how many of our guys will only play for 1 year? I’m not saying anything new, but a recruiting class full of 1 year guys is not the same as getting 3-4 year guys. Manny did what he had to do but this is a solid class low on numbers, with some projects on the O Line, and patched together by a bunch of transfers, many of whom will have to contribute from Day 1 to make an impact. Not a true Top 16 or 15 class.

No one is reaching... This is the AGGREGATE class totals for the top 30 teams and as of now we are 19th. Not only that once Phillips now official we are a top 16th class in the nation. If you read @Lance Roffers Leg Race Part 2 we have one of the.most athletic classes in the country. Add portal and you have a top class.

Advertisement
What can't be said enough is the fact that Hill, Osburn and even Kennedy are all proven commodities. We know we are getting starters or at worst solid depth (kennedy). You never know what you are getting even with the number 1 recruit in the country or any 5 star prospect.

Great work but can I provide a counterpoint? I think rating it top16 is WAY optimistic. There’s no doubt Miami has more talent than it has in maybe a decade with the portal transfers. But I’d say recruiting classes are judged 3-4 years later. Not only that but every incoming freshman in a typical class is eligible to play.
What limits our class from being top 15 is that some of our transfers will have to sit out for a year. And then, how many of our guys will only play for 1 year? I’m not saying anything new, but a recruiting class full of 1 year guys is not the same as getting 3-4 year guys. Manny did what he had to do but this is a solid class low on numbers, with some projects on the O Line, and patched together by a bunch of transfers, many of whom will have to contribute from Day 1 to make an impact. Not a true Top 16 or 15 class.

Agree with your point that the class will be judged down the road. Yet in many recruiting classes players "redshirt" or dont see the field for 2 years others transfer and that does not affect their ranking also? It'm alking about straight talent with portal + Recruiting we are 16th when we add Phillips by 247 composite's own metrics

Advertisement
Back