Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
"The thought is the losses at the end of the year hurt UM here more than they anticipated."

I want to be optimistic, but this is why I hate this staff, they are CLUELESS.

"More than they anticipated"? What, exactly did these genius coaches expect from recruits after posting a 6-6 record that included losses to GaTech, FIU, and Duke?

Fire Baker. Fire Enos. Give Manny 300 days to turn things around and fire him at midseason if we are not undefeated.

hold on to what you have and hope theres an OC out there that would touch this job after you fire enos

Advertisement
Miami needs to get a black grandma on staff to help them read these recruits. Their reading of situations and kids sucks. Nobody reads ppl as well as a Grandma. Grandma is usually right 9 out of 10 times
Lol, but foreal though they do need to get some coaches on the staff who can relate to the kids they recruit more because I know It was a joke but as you said they have a hard time reading where the stand too often

Lol, but foreal though they do need to get some coaches on the staff who can relate to the kids they recruit more because I know It was a joke but as you said they have a hard time reading where the stand too often

this, but this is going back to like three diff staffs now. i get it if theyre telling you were coming (well know for sure tomorrow whether any of the remaining uncommitted targets are coming), but at some point, you gotta go deep dive into your connections and find out the truth. regarding flowe, ill say no one knows **** and i dont expect him here bc we were awful, but who knows. recruiting is funny

Okay question when you go 6-6 what type of recruiting do you guys expect ? I mean tbh for a team that finished 6-6 i think we’re doing fine in the recruiting part... i mean not keen on recruiting across the country but **** how many 6-6 teams have multiple top players at their position on their boards? I’d imagine we’d be the only one so man idk what else you guys want.

How is it a good class? Because we filled high rated recruits in positions that we don't desperately need (and don't utilize correctly on offense/defense)

This class SUCKS from a team specific metric. Linebacker whiff, True Corner's Major Whiff, O-line LOL what a whiff.

Yeah this class might be rated top 25 on ESPN and to the media but the true fans know this class is an abomination and is a toll tale sign we aren't better at positions of DIRE need. CLASS GRADE: C-
This is why most canes fans lack perspective, what the **** did you expect? We just went ******* 6-6. We needed rb, receiver, Dline depth and Miami filled that. Got a gem at oline and really good prospect at qb. I’m really high on tirek Austin cave but we need another linebacker in the class. We obviously got to add more lineman and cb or 2 but there is still time. It’s an incomplete class but it doesn’t suck by any stretch of the imagination

Advertisement
This is why most canes fans lack perspective, what the **** did you expect? We just went ******* 6-6. We needed rb, receiver, Dline depth and Miami filled that. Got a gem at oline and really good prospect at qb. I’m really high on tirek Austin cave but we need another linebacker in the class. We obviously got to add more lineman and cb or 2 but there is still time. It’s an incomplete class but it doesn’t suck by any stretch of the imagination
Thank you for understand lol.... like we still have NSD in feb and also have time for juco and the portal like we have time.

Advertisement
Disagree man. Yes we went 6-6... EVEN MORE reason to have more offers out to lower level prospects specifically at TRUE CORNER & OLine. I'm not asking for 4/5 star corners and o line at 6-6. We need numbers and the staff did a TERRIBLE job of offering kids this cycle at positions of need (and the past 15 cycles)

Advertisement
We expect them to at least fill the positions of needs at CB, OL and after that, LB.

There’s no reason to sugarcoat it, it was a rough recruiting weekend for the Canes.

Here’s what I know: I know the staff is less confident than last week, but feel they are still in the game. The thought is the losses at the end of the year hurt UM here more than they anticipated.

Stefan, was this a quote to you by staff? How do you type this with a straight face? And I'm not attacking you, but does the staff really believe it wouldn't hurt them? They would have to be true f***ing idiots to think it wouldn't matter. Did they think GT didn't matter? GT and FIU are somewhere around the 100th best team in America, Duke is a little better, but Duke on the heels of FIU?

Advertisement
Stefan, was this a quote to you by staff? How do you type this with a straight face? And I'm not attacking you, but does the staff really believe it wouldn't hurt them? They would have to be true f***ing idiots to think it wouldn't matter. Did they think GT didn't matter? GT and FIU are somewhere around the 100th best team in America, Duke is a little better, but Duke on the heels of FIU?

Just wait until La Tech puts 45 on us too and we respond with 17-20 on offense.

i meant the nebraska commitment caught everyone by surprise. i think **** end up delay signing and go to FSU in feb personally. everyone on here said it was a free trip and him going to NEB is a good sign so yes, he did catch this **** board by surprise
By everyone, do you mean you? Because it sure didn’t catch ‘evetyone’ by surprise. Plenty of folks smelled that comin. Even folks on this board. There have been rumors about NB and FL kids and bags this year for quite a while. Maybe you didn’t know, but if our staff didn’t, then they aint doing their job.

Advertisement
Back